Status: Active :) (updates may be slow though)

I Will Make You Believe You Are Lovely

Chapter 1

"No."

"Cathy, this is-"

"I said no. No way."

Cathy Jones was sitting in her boss's small office. Her curly red hair was pulled back into something that resembled a ponytail and she sat there in her blouse and pencil skirt.

Terence - Cathy's boss - sighed and rubbed his temple. He opened his eyes angina and cast a tired glance at Cathy.

"Cathy, we need this. Yes, our magazine is successful but this can really help us out. Their manager, Bob, got in contact with me as that's the only way he could find you." Terence said.

"Why?" Cathy said sitting up, slightly startled.

"You used to work with their lighting crew correct?" Cathy nodded. "Well, since the band had come off of hiatus, they're requesting you come back as well."

"And who exactly is 'they'?" Cathy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"...Pete Wentz." Terence said after a moment.

"Fucker." Cathy mumbled.

"Cathy..." Terence warned.

"Terry, I can't do this I'm sorry." Cathy sighed and went to get up.

"Sit back down, I still have an offer." Terence said.

Cathy hesitantly sat back down in her seat and waited for Terence to speak, not going to interrupt him this time.

"Okay, so you go on tour with Fall Out Boy, do whatever lighting crew does and at the same time, I want an article on what it's like touring with Fall Out Boy; exclusive interviews with every band member. No matter the history." He said.

"And if you do this, I'll get you that bonus you've been working for and a raise. It's a win-win." Terence finished off.

Cathy's eyes widened. He was not holding her bonus against her. She'd been working her ass off since February for it. Cathy needed this. She had a good life but recently, she had fallen into a bit of debt and need the extra money to pay it off.

Cathy glared at Terence and took in a deep breath through her nose, closed her eyes and exhaled through her mouth and opened her eyes.

"Fine, but-" Cathy held up her hand to stop Terence from interrupting. "You give me the bonus now so I can pay off my small debt... And you buy me lunch."

"You have a deal my darling!" Terence clapped his hands together and got up and hugged her.

"Yeah, yeah, don't get mushy on me." Cathy laughed as she quickly hugged him back.

"You won't be doing too much light work, just assisting and pitching in a few ideas. You're mostly there to do your article." Terence said. "You've already missed the tour meeting but you leave Saturday."

"Saturday!" Cathy exclaimed. "Who the hell is going to look after Molly?!"

"Don't try and pull that card; you know Sarah will look after her." Terence teased.

"Fine, you win. Now come on, you owe me lunch." Cathy grinned.

*********************

"Are you serious? She said yes?" Pete grinned and fist pumped the air.

"Yeah, but this is such a bad idea Pete." Bob, their manager, spoke on the other hand.

"Have all of my ideas ever been so bad?" Pete asked, sounding offended.

"Yes! You drank your own fucking piss for a video!" Bob exploded down the phone.

Pete grimaced. "Well, that's put me off my drink." He said as he moved his coffee away.

"As it should!" Bob said. "You are going to be in so much shit when she figured out what you did."

"Eh, don't worry about it." Pete shrugged. "Cathy loves me really."

"What?!"

Pete winced and turned around as he saw Patrick standing there in the door way with a shocked expression which quickly turned into one that scared Pete.

"Okay, bye Bob, Patricks here and-ow!" Pete spoke quickly but yelped as Patrick snatched the phone away.

Patrick quickly muttered a quick goodbye before hanging up. Patrick put the phone down and crossed his arms as he glared at Pete.

"I-" Pete began to say but stopped as Patrick held up his hand. His expressions was enough to shut Pete up.

"What did you do?" Patrick asked simply.

"Kinda got Bob to get Cathy back in the team and she's also touring with us to write an article for the magazine she works for." Pete said.

"Are we talking about Cathy Jones? Please tell me it's a different Cathy." Patrick sighed.

"Uh... I would say yes but I was told lying is bad." Pete said.

"What the hell Pete?!" Patrick exploded.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Pete said as he jumped back.

He picked up the magazine on the table next to him and rolling it up and using it as a weapon as if it could protect him from the short but furious man in front of him.

"Pete..." Patrick warned.

"Hear me out! The dude's going through some rough patches with Marie and she's a nice girl and everything but... She doesn't make him happy! Not like Cathy did!" Pete reasoned.

Patrick sighed again and held the bridge of his nose before exhaling and looking up at Pete.

"Pete, you can't just decide to play Love Doctor and mess with peoples relationships!" Patrick spoke, taking his hat off for a moment and running a hand through his hair before putting his hat back on.

"Marie has let him finally get over Cathy. Don't mess it up for him. You may think that bringing Cathy into this might help but you could make it worse!" Patrick carried on.

"But-" Pete went to carry on but Patrick was rambling now.

"You don't even know if Cathy still likes him! Cathy may have moved on! She could have a boyfriend or husband by now!" Patrick sighed as he calmed down. "I don't want to see Joe get hurt again."

"I know Trick, it's just... I always thought that they were going to stick together. Ash and I botched up our relationship but not them." Pete said. "And don't tell me that you don't miss our crazy red head."

Pete grinned triumphantly as a small smile appeared on Patricks face. "I will admit that though.." He said. "But our first tour back would be pretty great with Cathy there." Patrick chuckled.

"Hell yeah! Well, happy reunions begin Saturday." Pete said.

A door could be heard to be opening and then slammed closed along with the sound of footsteps.

"Someone call for a Game Of Thrones marathon?!" Joe's loud voice could be heard along with a cheer from Andy.

"Hell yeah!" Pete cheered but he turned to look back at Patrick and quickly zipped his lips before running out of the room.

Patrick sighed and smiled before walking out of the room as well. This could be a good thing.

But as it was a Pete Wentz plan, some thing was obviously going to go wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is the first chapter! :) chapter 2 will be up soon. :D

Thank you for reading! Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated!

X