Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

23: Future Plans

A week.

A whole week is how much Alex lasted sick and with no voice. He was irritated and snapped easily and sometimes cried at night because he felt so miserable and this was a type of sick he’d never experienced before in his life.

Jack was worried about his boyfriend who refused to go to the doctor until eventually Alex broke down on the fourth day and let Jack take him in. All the doctor had said was that he had a strong nasty virus that would eventually go away, but they couldn't do much so that still left the poor nanny feeling miserable.*

All the kids wanted was for Alex to get better so they can play with him, especially Dylan who had no one to play with in that long torturous week. Now though, the nanny was a lot better. Not a hundred percent, but more like a ninety. He still coughed and sneezed and his nose was still stuffy on occasions but he was a lot better.

“I’m so exhausted.” Alex mumbled as he fell back onto the bed.

“You’ll get used to it.” Jack mumbled back as he searched for his pj's.

“If you think so.”

“I know so babe. It’s taken me all of Tyler’s eight years of life to get used to being a dad. When Jenna died, I didn't think I’d be able to do it alone. I mean Dylan was still a baby and I was scared of raising all three of them alone, but now that I have you, I’m ready for the road ahead of us.” Jack spoke lovingly as he climbed over Alex’s body, placing his lips down on the younger male’s.

“Well I’m ready to start my journey as a dad to three monsters.” Alex joked, making Jack laugh before kissing him again.

“And what about having our own kids?” Jack asked, moving his lips to the side of Alex’s neck.

“You really want more kids? And you want them with me?” Alex asked in shock, not really expecting Jack to ask him that. Sure he’s always liked kids and the thought of forming his own family has been a dream of his, but dating a widowed man with three kids, he thought the family was complete.

“Of course I want kids with you, silly. You’re my everything and I can’t wait to see what our future holds.”

“How many though?”

“Maybe two more, sound good?”

“Sounds perfect, but since I’m going back to college, I’d rather wait until I finish.” Alex told his boyfriend who nodded in understanding.

“I know babe and I want Dylan a bit older too. Ty was only a year and a half when Jenna got pregnant with Tay.” Jack explained as he laid down next to Alex.

“Did you guys plan on having more after Dylan?” Alex asked curiously as he curled up into Jack’s chest.

“Yeah, eventually when Dylan was a bit older.” Jack sighed, burying his face into Alex’s soft hair. “Let’s not talk about Jenna anymore, though.”

“Okay.” Alex smiled, slightly glad for the change of topics because he got the feeling that Jack still loved his deceased wife. Not that he was jealous or anything.

Okay, maybe a little.

Okay, he was very jealous but only because Jenna was Jack’s first love and the mother of his three wonderful kids. Alex knew that no one could erase your first love out of your heart. He knew it because he still remembered his first boyfriend, though they never got really serious.

“I wanna take you out to dinner this weekend. Just us two on a date.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Alex smiled before closing his eyes and letting himself drift off into a dreamless state.

The next day things were utter shit. The kids were being rebellious and Alex was ready to pull his hair out since Jack had meetings all day and wouldn't be home until late. Taylor and Tyler left for school and Dylan’s attitude changed completely. He was being a good kid, unlike in the morning when his siblings were around.

“Ali, can you play with me?” Dylan asked as he skipped into the laundry room where Alex was putting his clothes in the washer.

“Sure kiddo, let me finish putting my clothes and we can play, but why don’t you get your toys ready.”

Dylan nodded and skipped off. Alex finished putting his clothes in the washer and left the room, heading to the toy room where Dylan had a puzzle set out. Alex smiled and took a seat next to the toddler who giggled.

“Do you like doing puzzles?” Alex asked as he helped the child do the Monsters Inc. puzzle.

“A lot. Ty used to help me, but now he doesn't anymore. No one does.” Dylan pouted sadly.

“Aww, well, you’ll have me until you start school this fall.”

“No, Ali. Don’t make me go to school.” Dylan pleaded, jumping on his nanny’s(?) lap.

¨You have to go buddy if you want to be smart like Ty and Tay. Besides, it’s only for a few hours.” Alex reasoned, brushing back Dylan’s long blonde fringe that was getting into his eyes.

¨But I don’t wanna be smart. I wanna stay here with you and Grace and play games all day.¨

¨Well I’m going to school too and Grace can’t take care of you by herself.¨

¨Why are you going to school?” Dylan asked curiously, cocking his head to the side and the puzzle long forgotten on the table.

¨Because before I started working here, I went to school and I want to go back so I can be super smart like your daddy.¨

¨Oh! Then I wanna go too!¨

Alex smiled and after their conversation was over they went back to finishing the small puzzle, but after they finished that one, Dylan got three other puzzles from the bookshelf in the room and Alex tried hard not to groan. He hated the childish puzzles since they only had twenty five pieces and Dylan took forever figuring out where to put one piece.

It was a peaceful day until the other two kids got home from school. Tyler had a frown on his face and Taylor smiled smugly at her father’s boyfriend as she walked past him. Alex shook his head and headed over to the eldest Barakat who was removing his shoes by the front door.

¨What’s wrong?” Alex asked him.

¨Taylor is rude and I don’t like her.¨ Tyler grumbled.

¨Kids.¨ Alex sighs before walking off, not wanting to get in the middle of his step-kids’ problems.

¨Alex! Tyler’s hitting me!¨ Taylor yelled from upstairs.

¨No, I’m not! She’s lying!¨ Tyler shouted back.

¨Ali, they’re fighting!¨ Dylan snitched.

¨Dylan!¨

¨You better get up there.” Grace spoke up as Alex walked into the kitchen to help her with dinner. ¨Last time they were fighting they broke a window.¨

¨I’m going to break their bones if they don’t start behaving soon.” Alex grumbled but headed towards the stairs anyway.

The front door opened while Alex was halfway up and he turned around to see Jack. The older male smiled at his lover, but the smile quickly disappeared when he heard the commotion from upstairs.

“Want me to go?” Jack offered.

“I’m already up here.” Alex mumbled in a sassy manner before walking up the rest of the stairs and down the hall to the toy room where said room looked like a tornado had gone through. “Enough!”

All the kids froze in their spots and looked over at an angry Alexander William Gaskarth. Dylan was on top of Tyler, his chubby fingers tangled in said boy’s hair and Tay was trying to push Dylan off of their older brother.

“You guys are so funny.” Alex spoke sarcastically as he gave them a fake smile. “You need to clean this mess up before your dad comes up here and I tell him everything you've done since this morning. If this isn't clean when I come back, no dessert and it’s straight to bed after dinner. Understood?”

“Make us.” Taylor talked back, scowling at her nanny who simply smirked back, challenging the kids.

No one said anything as Alex kept his glare and smirk on the kids who eventually grew intimidated and quickly got up to clean the messy room. Alex smiled in satisfaction and walked out of the room, bumping into Jack’s chest.

“Ouch.” Alex mumbled, glaring at Jack a bit.

“Seems like this is our thing, huh babe?” Jack teased, leaning down a bit to kiss Alex’s forehead.

“Seems like it.” Alex chuckled. “They’re cleaning up right now.”

“I know taking care of three kids is hard babe, so don’t be scared to be tough on them.”

“I know, but I’m too nice to actually be mean to the poor kids. I know how to limit myself though and I do scold them when needed.” Alex assured the older man who chuckled.

“I know you do babe, you've been a great nanny so far.” Jack winked before walking into the room leaving a blushing Alex behind.

Sighing sadly, Alex decided to head downstairs and help Grace out with whatever she needed. He didn't actually know how much longer he’d last playing the role of a dad to these kids. He was scared he wasn't good enough to help Jack raise them. Heck, he was scared he wasn't being a good older brother to Shane. He was only 21 and already raising three kids who weren't his own.
♠ ♠ ♠
*The beginning part with Alex being miserably sick, yeah I went through that when I was so sick I missed school for a whole week but the doctor's didn't give me anything

Anyways, it still hurts that my uncle is no longer with us, but life goes on you know. And earlier this week one of my friends gave me a huge surprise when she gave me a ticket to see Pierce the Veil and Sleeping With Sirens w/ her. Even though I was still hurting (and still am) she gave me the best gift ever and last night I got to see my two favorite bands in Chicago. And she's been there for me since the beginning and I can't explain how much I fucking love her :)