Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

24: Insecurities

Alex’s insecurities didn't go away as the days went by. They only got worse and worse and caused Jack and Alex’s relationship to crumble. They were constantly fighting and Alex had even moved back into his old room, so close to just moving out and quitting all together.

“I’m sick tired of this situation. I need to know what the fuck is wrong, Lex. We were fine two weeks ago and now it’s like we aren't even dating anymore! What’s going on with you, baby?” Jack asked his. hopefully still boyfriend, kneeling down in front of where Alex sat on his bed.

“Nothing’s wrong.” Alex mumbled, looking away from Jack. “I can’t do this anymore though.”

“Can’t do what, Alex?” Jack asked in fear.

“Us. Watching over the kids. I’m tired, Jack, I don’t feel like I’m capable of doing this for much longer. I don’t feel like I’m doing my job right.” Alex cried, tears welling up in his eyes which were adorned with dark circles from his many nights of insomnia.

“Then talk to me and tell me what’s wrong. You've been so cold and distant even the kids have noticed. They miss you, Lex. I miss you.”

Alex choked on a sob and wrapped his arms around Jack’s shoulders, crying into his neck as the older male stood up carefully and sat next to his distressed lover. Jack simply held him tightly not knowing what else to do.

Alex just cried until his tears ran out. He cried until his body could no longer hold in his exhaustion and he collapsed completely in Jack’s arms, half conscious.

“I’m sorry, I just need some time.” Alex mumbled into Jack’s neck.

“It’s fine, yeah? There’s nothing to be afraid of.” Jack spoke gently.

Alex simply held onto Jack tighter and closed his eyes, feeling himself relax as his lover hummed a tune softly.

“Want to sleep for a bit, honey? You could really use it.” Jack asked softly.

In a matter of minutes Alex was under the covers and fast asleep. Jack smiled softly and kissed Alex’s head softly before leaving the room. Downstairs, Jack found his mom and May in the living room with the kids who were happily chatting away. They all looked over as he walked in and Jack took a seat next to Tyler who cuddled into his side.

“Hey, when did you guys get here?” Jack asked his mom and sister.

“A few minutes ago. The kids told us you were upstairs with Alex.” Joyce spoke as she looked at her son.

“Is he still upstairs?” May asked curiously.

“Yeah, he’s sleeping. Hasn't been feeling okay for the past few days.” Jack explained simply, not wanting to say more with the kids in the room.

“Everything okay?”

“Kids, have you done your homework?”

“But daddy.” They whined.

“Go. You to Dyl, but be quiet guys. Alex is sleeping in his old room.” Jack called after the kids who were heading towards the stairs.

“Jack, is Alex okay?” Joyce asked worriedly.

“He’s feeling a bit insecure lately.”

“Why? Did you fucking say something to him, because I know you Jack Barakat and I know you say a lot of things without thinking.” May spoke angrily.

“I didn't say anything, but he feels like he’s not being a good dad. Like he isn't made out to be a dad in the first place.” Jack explained after glaring at his sister.

“Well, didn't you say he was in an abusive relationship before coming here?” Joyce asked, receiving a nod from her son. “Maybe that’s where his fear is coming from. Maybe the other guy implanted it into his brain.”

“Maybe.” Jack sighed, leaning back on the couch and rubbing his face tiredly. “I don’t know, but he asked for some time and I’m not really sure what he means by that. Does he want to leave the house for a few days or what?”

May looked at her brother and said, “Well Jack, I hate to say it but sometimes you’re barely around. Ty was telling me how in the past week the kids have only seen you for an hour at the most. Alex practically is raising your kids on his own.”

“And I hate it too because I want to spend more time with my family but my job-”

“Shouldn't come first, Jack. Your family does. Your kids need you. Alex needs you.” Joyce interrupted Jack.

Upstairs the kids were in their toy room doing their homework and being quiet. Alex was in a restless sleep, tossing and turning in bed, tangled in the sheets and whimpering into his pillow.

Alex backed up in fear as Jason moved closer to him with a dark look in his eyes. The taller man looked down at his lover in distaste and pinned him against the wall. Nothing was said between the two, but the silence was much more terrifying than what Jason could have said at that moment.

“Oh baby. You really thought that’d be a good idea?” Jason taunted, leaning down to Alex’s ear and whispering, “It wouldn't be because you want to know a dirty little secret that you should know, but don’t?”

Alex whimpered in response as Jason’s hands tightened their hold on Alex’s slim hips.

“You wouldn't make a good dad.” Jason finally said after a minute of long silence that had clung to the air. “You’re not even a good older brother, Lexy. Shane hates you and every attempt you've ever made to get along with him have been futile. Your kids would hate you, just like Shane does.”

“N-No they wouldn't.” Alex choked out, shivering in disgust as Jason ran his rather large hands over Alex’s body.

“Yeah they would. The whole world hates you, love.”


Alex sat up in his bed. His breathing was erratic, sweat visible on his face, hair sticking to his forehead. Alex’s body trembled as he looked around his old bedroom, making sure Jason really wasn't there.

The bedroom door opened and Alex panicked for a bit, but then sighed when he saw Jack peek his head into the room. The older male walked in and frowned at his lover’s state.

“What’s wrong baby?” Jack asked softly as he sat next to him.

“I want cuddles.” Alex pouted at his boyfriend who chuckled and pulled him into his arms.

“I love cuddling with you.” Jack mused. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry about the last couple of days.”

“It’s fine honey. My mom and May are staying over for dinner, why don’t you take a shower and then come downstairs and join us? Well, if you’re up for it that is.”

“If you don’t mind, I’d rather stay up here. I want to talk to my mom.”

“I don’t mind, honey. I’ll bring you dinner in a bit.”

“Alright. I’m going to take a shower.”

Alex climbed off the bed and headed into his bathroom with his clothes. Jack smiled sadly in the direction Alex had disappeared in before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

After his slightly long shower, Alex grabbed his phone, dialed his mom’s number and sat down on the armchair near the window. Alex pulled his legs up to his chest and curled up into a small ball as he waited for his mom to pick up.

“Hi sweetheart, how are you doing?” His mom answered cheerfully.

“Hi mommy.” Alex choked out.

“Baby, are you alright?” Isobel asked worriedly.

“I miss you. And dad and Shay.”

“Alex, what’s wrong? You don’t sound okay, baby.”

“I told Jack I wasn't sure I could this.”

“Do what?”

“Finish what Jenna left. It’s too much, mom, raising three kids out of nowhere. I only signed up to be their nanny, not their dad.”

“Sweetie, there’s no need to be afraid. You’re doing a great job honey. Those kids love you so much and really, you’re doing a great job with my grand kids.”

Alex believed his mom. Mom’s are supposed to be right all the time, right? Yeah. Well, at least in Alex’s book, his mom would always be right.

Later after the guests had left and the kids were in bed, Alex left his room and walked down the hall to Jack’s. He walked in and closed the door behind him, crawling on the bed and waiting for his boyfriend. Jack walked out of his bathroom with a bright smile on his face and jumped on the bed like a child. Alex giggled quietly as Jack pecked his lips repeatedly.

“I wanna stay home with my baby tomorrow.” Jack spoke gently, nuzzling his head under Alex’s chin.

“Any reason?” Alex questioned, a thick eyebrow raised in suspicion as he rubbed Jack’s bare back.

“I want to spend time with you and my little Dylan-Boo.”

“Dylan-Boo?” Alex chuckled.

“I like embarrassing my children, though Dylan’s too young to know what the even is so I guess I’ll have to save that for when he’s a teenager.”

“You are the best dad in the world.”

“I know.” Jack laughed.

A comfortable silence settled between them as the light was turned off and they got under the covers, Jack spooning the slightly shorter boy. Alex’s eyes were starting to drop when Jack’s voice rang out through the dark room.

“What if we have twins?”

“Jack.” Alex whined.

“Right, sorry.” Jack mumbled. “Night baby.”

“G’Night, Jack.”

Of course though, the peacefulness didn't last long. Their nights were starting to resemble Madeline when Miss Clavelle would sit up in bed and say, “Something isn't right.”

Alex climbed out of the comfort and warmth of the bed and Jack’s arms, walking down the hallway and hearing voices coming from Tay’s room. He frowned in suspicion and opened the door, making the children scream in fright.

“What are you guys doing up so late?” Alex asked, eyeing Taylor, Tyler and Dylan was curled up on the bed half asleep.

“We couldn't sleep.” Taylor stated innocently as she looked up at the light brown haired man.

“Uh huh. Sure you couldn't, look at Dylan, the kid isn't even aware I’m in the room.” Alex stated as he picked up said boy. “Get back in your room, Ty.”

“Fine.” Tyler sighed and followed his nanny out the door. “Will you tuck me in?”

“Sure. Let me get Dylan tucked in first.” Alex chuckled.

Alex walked into the youngest child’s room and set the sleeping boy in his bed gently, pulling the blankets up to his chest and kissing his forehead goodnight before walking out and heading into Tyler’s.

“Are you still our nanny, Lex? I mean, you’re my dad’s boyfriend so it would be weird if you were still our nanny.” Tyler blurted out suddenly.

“Honestly, I don’t know either. You kids can decide what you want me to be.” Alex said as he sat down on the bed.

“You could be our...dad.”

A smile broke out on Alex’s face and he leaned down to kiss Tyler’s forehead with slightly teary eyes.

“I’d love to be your dad.” Alex whispered in response.

Never in his life has Alex been so sure and proud of something.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to thank you guys for your support through all this, I really appreciate your comments :)

And if you don't know who Madeline is, you've missed out on an awesome childhood. Those were my favorite books/cartoons/movies :)