Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

42: Lazy Town

"Are you going to be the flower girl at Jack and Alex's wedding?" Shane asked his younger friend in a teasing manner.

"Thought that was your job," Tyler laughed, shoving Shane who fell back on his bed.

"Isn't your sister the flower girl? Thought you told me she had a full blown tantrum."

"She is and that was totally unnecessary of her since Alex already had her down as the flower girl," Tyler snickered, laying his head on Shane's stomach, "At least now I won't feel a bit weird calling Alex dad even though they aren't married."

"You call him dad?" Shane asked curiously as he played with Tyler's hair.

"Have been for almost a year now, where have you been?"

"Not paying attention, that's for sure. So are you going to call me uncle once they're married?"

"In your dreams, Shane Gaskarth," Tyler said as he turned and shifted until he was laying across his friend.

“You’re heavy,” Shane complained, trying to push his friend away from him.

“Excuse you, I am pretty light. You’re the heavy one, besides, you’re like a foot taller than me even though you’re only two years older than me,” Tyler scoffed as he got off of Shane who sat up and rolled his eyes.

“I’m not that tall, it’s just that you’re short.”

Both boys settled down on the ground to play some video games.

“Boys, don’t stay up too late,” Isobel warned them as she peeked her head into the room.

“No worries mom!” Shane called, both boys glued to the television screen which caused her to roll her eyes as she left.

“You cheated!” Tyler called in defeat as Shane smirked in victory.

“Did not, you just don’t know how to lose, you big baby.”

Tyler pushed his control aside and tackled his friend to the ground who grunted in pain at the sudden movement. They wrestled around until Shane had managed to pin Tyler down to the floor, laughing in victory as the younger boy pouted.

“You know you can’t beat me,” Shane smirked.

Tyler shrugged, still pouting as he looked at Shane who laughed and leaned down to kiss his forehead. Tyler made a face to mask his flushed face as he continued to struggle. Eventually both boys got ready for bed and were under the covers, the room pitch black as they listened to each other breath softly.

“Do you ever think about the future?” Tyler asked suddenly, startling his companion a bit after they’d spent long minutes in silence.

“Sometimes. Why? What parts do you think about?” Shane asked back, still laying on his back as he heard a soft exhale beside him.

“Well, everything really, but more specifically growing up. Like I look at my dad and Alex and realize how complicated adult’s lives are. Dad struggled with raising us three kids alone until Alex came along because Grace could only help so much. All we worry about at this point of silly things, but my dad worries about his job, us, and a lot of other things we don’t.”

“I get you. I mean all I worry about sometimes is hoping I get the new video game that’s about to come out.”

Both boys laughed quietly.

“You know if neither of us are married by the time we’re Alex’s age, let’s marry each other,” Shane suddenly threw out, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

“But you’re two years older than me. Which one of us has to be Alex’s age?”

“Hmm, I think you should. Alex is twenty two, so when you’re twenty two and I’m twenty four we’ll get married to each other. Deal?”

“Deal,” Tyler giggled.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A week later Jack walked into the house with a large smile on his face, looking for his fiancee who was helping Taylor with her homework at the dining room table.. Alex looked up when Jack walked in, kissing the top of his head and kissing Taylor’s cheek.

“What’s up with you?” Alex asked with a chuckle as Jack pulled him out of the room.

“It’s official. We’re getting married on the fourteenth!” Jack exclaimed, picking up Alex and spinning him around.

Alex gasped in surprise and held onto his fiancee tightly as he laughed in glee. Jack put him down on the floor and cupped his face before pulling Alex in for a rough kiss. Alex’s was caught off guard and kissed back for a few seconds before pulling away, a smile still on his face.

“So we should start planning, huh?” Alex teased with a smile still present on his face.

“We should. And tell our families.”

Alex nodded and pecked Jack’s lips once more before heading back over to Taylor who looked up at Alex curiously. Alex simply kissed her forehead and went back to helping her finish her homework.

“Are we almost done, Tay?” Alex asked as he looked at her paper.

“Yep! Only two more problems!” She exclaimed happily.

Eventually they finished and Taylor ran off to put her stuff away when a pouty Dylan walked into the room, clinging to Alex’s legs quickly and whining about something that Alex couldn’t understand.

“Bro, I can’t hear what you’re saying if you’re telling it to my legs. Can you lift your head so I can hear what you’re saying?” Alex cooed softly, running his fingers through Dylan’s hair.

“Bro,” Dylan giggled, looking up at Alex who smiled and shook his head. “I want up, Ali!”

Alex sighed but lifted up the child with a bit of difficulty.

“You’re getting pretty heavy, kiddo,” Alex grunted, holding Dylan on his hip as he walked out of the room.

“Hello my gorgeous family!” Came May’s loud voice from the foyer and Alex made a face at Dylan who giggled, wrapping his arms around his step father’s neck.

“You’re here,” Alex grumbled playfully as he walked over to May who faked being hurt, making the child laugh even more.

“Yes, I’m here! Do you see how mean he is to me, Dylan? Alex doesn’t like me,” May fake cried and Dylan shrugged, his head resting on Alex’s shoulder. “Wow, you’re rude too. Where’s my brother!?”

“May, I don’t think the aliens heard you,” Alex winced as his sister in law’s voice rang in his ears.

“Aunt May!” Taylor shouted as she ran over to her aunt excitedly.

“Oh, May’s here,” Jack grumbled as they walked into the living room where he was cuddling with Tyler who looked half asleep.

“Rude. I’m here because I want to know how the wedding preparations are going!” May exclaimed as she took a seat on the armchair, a huge smile on her face.

“They’re not. We haven’t started yet,” Alex mumbled, sitting next to Jack with Dylan on his lap as Taylor sat in front of the TV to better hear her movie that was playing.

“Unbelievable. You guys are going to be doing a lot of rushing before the time comes.”

“May, it’s only May,” Jack chuckled at his phrase which caused Alex to groan, “We’re getting married in February. I’m sure we still have sometime left.”

“Nonsense, bro. Let’s start with the basics. Wedding date set and ready to go?” She asked as she pulled out her phone and the two males groaned. “Alexander, stop groaning so much.”

“He’s been moody all day,” Jack explained, causing May’s eyes to widen with excitement. “No. He’s moody when he doesn’t sleep enough and since I woke him up at like six in the morning he’s pretty moody.”

“Okay. Wedding date?”

“Check,” Alex yawned, cuddling Dylan as if he were a stuffed animal. “2/14 of next year.”

“How romantic,” May muttered under her breath. “Location?”

“Still working on it.”

“Is the date all you have?” May asked them.

“Yep,” both Jack and Alex replied, their focus on the TV screen.

“Do you want my help or not?” May asked exasperatedly as she glared at the couple.

“Technically we didn’t ask for your help. You’re just butting in,” Jack shrugged, resting his head on Alex’s shoulder.

“You guys don’t appreciate me now, but you will once you realize your wedding is in a month and you’re still behind on things.”

And with that final note, May left the Barakat-Gaskarth family who did not react to her departure. Jack was starting to fall asleep when Taylor began to whine that the movie was over.

“Wanna go out for dinner?” Jack asked them as he sat up.

“Yeah,” Alex yawned.

“I feel like we should be called the Lazies.”

“Lazy Town!” Dylan gasped.

“Tay is Stephanie and my dad is Sportacus,” Tyler snickered.

Alex laughed at the child’s joke and Taylor huffed angrily as Jack shook his head.

“Why not? He’s pretty cool,” Jack shrugged.

“Let’s just go before we start discussing who is who.”

“You gotta admit that was a good show though!” Jack called after Alex who was walking away with Dylan still clinging to him like a baby koala.

“Jack, I’m not going to admit anything. I already spend way too much time watching educational shows with this kid to want to admit anything,” Alex called back as he unlocked the front door and stepped outside.

“Fair point.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This Panama vs Mexico soccer game is giving me a heart attack, LET'S GO MEXICO
On the brightside, the APMAs are also on at the same time *insert crying emoji*
so yeah, sorry it's a bit short or terrible