Status: Being Remade

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour

German

Your Like Silence At The Midnight Hour{5}

German

Alex, at this point in time, was about ready to punch his friends and band mates in the face. He had only been sitting here for a minute and a half, but all they could ask about was Dawn. Where is she? How were you lucky enough to get a hottie? Do you get to keep her?

Just when the teen was about to snap, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Turning his head, he saw the calm face of said Muse smiling down at him. With that simple touch, he wasn't as angry at his friends.

"Sorry I'm late, it was a little difficult to find this place," she said. Truthfully, it had been a nightmare, but she didn't mention that part.

"So, I'm guessing you're the girl that these idiots have been talking about," Andrea, the girl from this morning, said with a close lipped smile.

"I am assuming so. I sort of met them all earlier, though I don't believe I got the pleasure to catch your names."

Getting the hint, Alex started naming off his friends in the order they were sitting. "This is Destiny, she's in our Math class."

Destiny gave a shy smile as well as a wave, pushing her light brown hair behind her ear. She had light freckles dotting across her cheeks and nose, which gave emphasis to her hazel eyes even though they were hidden by glasses.

"Next to her is Roy."

The male gave her a cheeky grin, showing her his perfectly straight and white teeth. His auburn hair was unusually long for a boy, but fit his facial structure as well as his light, honey brown eyes. He winked one of those eyes at her seductively.

When Alex noticed this, he threw his plastic spoon at the boy, who whined about it before his friend continued the introductions.

"That's Andrea."

Her blond hair, which had been down this morning when Dawn had seen her, was now up in a simple bun at the top of her head. Her eyes were a very light blue that was filled with a kind look. That is, until the boy sitting next to her scoffed.

"She's no one important."

"You are such a jerk."

"And that jerk is Mike, Andrea's younger brother."

And you could tell that they were related, even enough to mistake them for twins. Mike's hair, the same blond, was very curly and a little long, giving him something that almost looked like an afro. His eyes, though blue, were a little darker than his sister's and were filled with joy.

"Finally, we have Carl."

Carl's black hair was cut close to his head, leaving no distraction to his gray blue eyes that clashed beautifully with his dark hair and tan skin. He smiled at the Muse brightly.

"It's nice to meet you."

"Guys, this is Dawn."

A chorus of greetings met her as the woman sat down, smiling at them all. Not two seconds later, she was bombarded with questions. The only one she managed to hear was "So you're an exchange student from England?"

"Yes, my parents thought that it would be a good opportunity to study abroad, and then I ended up here."

"Of all the places to go, you pick crappy America," Mike mumbled, earning an elbow in the stomach by his sister.

"Why don't you have the usual accent?"

Dawn was at a loss for an answer. When she had blurted out England, she hadn't even thought about the fact that they all had that damned accent. Alex, seeing her sputtering for an answer, jumped in.

"I asked her the same thing when we first met. She spent more time with her mother, who actually grew up here, so she has a normal American accent. I thought that was pretty cool."

The Muse let out a silent sigh and sent an appreciative glance at her charge. "How long are you staying here?"

"Only until the end of the year, unfortunately, but I might stick around a while after graduation .

"Why do-"

The bell ending lunch sounded throughout the cafeteria, making the group of teens moan and groan. "I hate school!"

Everyone left quickly, as well as reluctantly, and soon, it was just Alex and Dawn walking together out of the building. Dawn chuckled quietly, causing the boy next to her to question.

"I'm just thinking about how loquacious your friends are."

"I didn't know you spoke German."

"That wasn't German."

"It might as well have been."