Status: Being Remade

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour

Dinner

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour{7}

Dinner

Alex sat in his room, lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling as he thought alone. His friends had already gone home and Dawn was in her "room", which gave the boy the alone time he desperately needed.

In only two days, Alex's Muse had turned his life completely upside down. How had she even gotten him to think that a life with her just jumping in was okay? This would seem completely wrong if it was happening to someone else.

A light knock on his door pushed the thoughts from his mind and Alex sat up slowly. "Come in."

"Hey son," the teen's father said gently, only coming through the door half way, "Mom says dinner is ready."

"Alright, I'll be there in a second."

"I'm looking forward to meeting our new home guest, tell her about dinner, will you?"

Knowing that his father was talking about Dawn, who his mother must have told him about, Alex could only nod. "Sure, we'll be right there."

Without another word, the older man closed the door and walked away and Alex let out another sigh. Dawn was going to change his life the longer she stayed here, but the question was how much.

♪♫♪♫♪

As her Charge led her into the dining room, Dawn couldn't help but feel a little nervous meeting the parents of the household. Sure, she had worked her magic on them, but sometimes she still felt as if she would be exposed. That fear was only heightened now that someone could actually see her.

"Dad, this is Dawn, the exchange student that you all signed up for."

The girl watched the man get up and send her a smile before shaking her hand heartily. "It's such a pleasure to meet you Dawn. My wife and I have been waiting excitedly for you to arrive."

Dawn returned his smile with a grin of her own. "It's nice to meet you as well Mr. Evans."

"Please, call me Brendon."

"Enough talk, it's time for dinner!"

The four all sat down around the table for the fabulous meal that Mrs. Evans had cooked. As they piled food on their plates, the two parents asked the girl questions about her past.

Dawn continued to spit out a false history for herself, although she through in some truths from her previous life. This continued until everyone had finished their meal.

"Thank you Jennifer, the food was good," Dawn said, standing up and sending the older woman a kind smile.

"It's my pleasure."

The two teens walked up the stairs, with Alex leading the way to the two rooms that they occupied. Just as Dawn was about to head into her newly acquired room, Alex stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Cocking her head to the side, all the Muse could do was nod and follow the boy into his room. It was quiet between them as Alex got settled on his bed and Dawn in a chair.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I kind of just wanted to get to know you. Who knows how long we're going to be together, and I wanted to know about you."

"Where do you want to start?