Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Unveiling

He dialed Billie Joe's number on his cell phone and he waited and waited for it to be picked up.

On the fifth ring somebody picked up on the other end. "Hello?"

"Oh god...Billie?" Tre said.

"Tre? Where are you?" Billie Joe asked as he sat in the living room with Mike and his cousin Rose.

"I dunno... some pwace in Hollywood," Tre slurred.

"You're wasted aren't you man?" Billie Joe said. "I'm not mad at you anymore."

"Your not? Oh god I deserve more then you being mad at me," Tre started to cry.

"No you don't, it was just a kiss man. Just don't do it again... " Billie Joe said.

"Oh god Bill... I fucked up bad. I did something really bad... This is so fucked up...by far the worst I've done. Ah... I can't believe I got her pregnant... "

"What? Got who pregnant?" Billie Joe asked because he almost knew for sure he couldn't still be talking about his cousin. Rose looked up at Billie Joe and she felt her heart sink 'Oh my god this was it. Frank was going to tell him', she thought.

Tre flopped his head back on a pillow while still holding his cell phone upside down. He took a minute to breathe before continuing what he wanted to say.

"Ah... Rose... I swept with her... .we slept together and... and... the condom fell off. And then she took a test... and it was positive, and oh god I think I love her man... " Tre trailed off.

Billie Joe could feel his face go pale as all the blood drained and his heart sank like Rose's. He was amazingly very quiet; so quiet Tre didn't know whether Billie had hung up or not.

"Are you there?" Tre cried.

"Yeah... " Billie Joe gasped out and he looked over at Rose. She could tell that he now knew and she looked down with shame.

"I'm not coming back till tomorrow. Rosy called... me tonight... can I tawk wit her?" Tre slurred again.

"Ah no, I don't think so... " Billie Joe said and he felt he shouldn't freak out. He tried to remain as calm as possible. But still he couldn't believe it 'Tre? In love with his cousin... and he got her pregnant'?

"I love you Billie... " Tre said.

"Yeah, I love you too man." Billie Joe hung up the phone.

Mike was the only one in the room that was unaware of what was going on, "What did he say? You look like you've seen a ghost man."

Billie Joe couldn't answer Mike right now instead all he did was gaze at Rose. She felt her skin hot and red and she shook her head on the verge of tears again. Mike turned to look at her, and before anything else was said she ran out of the room sobbing.

"Fuck me... " Billie Joe whispered to himself.

"What's going on Bill?" Mike asked curiously.

"Tre's in Hollywood... " Billie Joe said and he didn't even feel like talking about the rest.

"And?" Mike said.

"And he's coming home tommorow... " Billie Joe grinned.

"That's all he said? How come Rose just ran off crying?" Mike questioned.

"I don't know... .what's with all the questions!?" Billie Joe snapped.

"Sorry... " Mike said.

Billie Joe flopped down on the couch and sighed. Mike sat down on the couch and he was silent. He thought if he was quiet long enough he might get an explanation.

Then surely after Billie Joe sitting there sighing with his thoughts he began to speak, "Rose called Tre tonight... "

"She did?" Mike said looking over at his friend.

"Yeah... I guess she was just feeling scared," Billie Joe said and wasted all the time in the world getting to the point.

"Scared? Why?" Mike said with a confused look on his face.

Billie Joe held his breath ever since Tre broke the news to him. He was on the verge of exploding.

"Because... because he slept with Rose, Mike. And he got my innocent fucking seventeen year old cousin pregnant... ." Billie Joe said and unexpectedly instead of yelling he broke into tears.

Mike's jaw dropped to the floor. He just couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Whoa... holy fuck... " Mike said.

Rose was crying herself at the top of the stairs and she could hear her older cousin downstairs in the living room. She felt horrible that what she had gone and done was affecting him so deeply.

"I bet he wouldn't of even told me if he hadn't of been drunk," Billie Joe said as he sniffled and wiped his eyes.

"Aren't you like super pissed at Tre right now?" Mike asked.

"Oh hell yes... " Billie Joe said. "But also no... "

"Also no?" Mike questioned.

"He says he's in love with her... " Billie Joe trailed off.

Rose heard what he said as she sat at the top of the stairs and she gasped. This could not be happening to her, everything was way too overwhelming, and all in the course of less then one week.

It started last Friday when she arrived in California. She was forced to meet a bunch of new people, which was never easy for her and very stressful to the max.

Rose had just packed her measly suitcase into the back of a BMW that was owned by this family member she had never even talked to before.

When that family member turned out to be Billie Joe Armstrong she nearly had heart failure.

Then there was the issue of meeting Adrienne, and the members of her cousin's band. Not just her cousin's band, but her favorite band. The musicians she had idolized since the release of Dookie when she was only in kindergarten.

Then she had heard Tre Cool tell her that he thought she was hot. And hell Tre Cool even asked her if she wanted to go out sometime.

Then there was that day in Tre's SUV where he spoke to her one on one about what was going on in her life. He seemed to care for her for some reason. And then on that sunny Saturday he kissed her on the side of the road. She could recall how shocked she was.

And how could she forget the night that had changed her life as she knew it forever? The night she was falling asleep but was kept awake by Frank's compulsive tapping on the other side of the wall.

She had found that little knocking game sweet and childish of Tre it brought a smile to her drowsy face. "I'm coming in there... " Tre had said to her.

The tension she felt when she saw Tre Cool sitting at the foot of her bed. And then when he moved up closer to her, and the kiss. And the smartass comment he had made. "I've finished knocking on the wall... now I want to knock you up."

She had forgot about that comment until now and it sort of felt like a jinx.

Then when they started riding at each other's hips, it was like something she would never have dreamt of. There was a storm of fear that came over her when Tre had made the 'joke' about the condom falling off. A joke? Only in her wildest dreams.

Her mom had kicked her out of her house for the 10,000th time this year. But never had she gone without a word to her daughter for so long afterwards. Rose knew it was meant this time.

There was also the brutal site of watching her guitar idol beat the shit out of her drumming idol all because of a sad miserable mistake. Oh how she wished those mistakes could be undone. But like Frank said, "It's not right. But it's so right."

She now knew that Frank was in love with her. And she couldn't understand why, but she knew she loved him in return.

And now all she could do was let time see what was in store for her, for the future of Green Day and the future of her and Frank.....