Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Insiders

Billie Joe shook his head then calmly came out of the house. Tre was freaked out because the last time Billie Joe had approached him calmly he ended up on the floor with a bruised jaw.

"I'm sorry, I'll go... " Tre said quickly and started to walk away.

"Wait... Frank... " Rose said.

Frank stopped when Rose asked him too. And all though he was scared to shit of Billie Joe he didn't want to just run away and leave her again. So boldly in front of his smaller green eyed friend he grabbed Rose's hand in his own.

She looked down at his hand and suddenly her world started coming back together. Or was it? How was Billie Joe reacting right now?

Billie Joe shook his head in as he stepped closer to the pool and sat on a lounging chair. Tre stood there speechless of what to say. Billie Joe just gave him a tired look from where he was sitting and Tre waited for something to be said.

Billie Joe just kept shaking his head trying to plan out his own words. "How do you fall in love in less then five days?" he finally blurted.

Tre sighed and Rose looked at Tre waiting to hear from his own mouth if this was true. "How do you know I love her?" Tre finally asked.
"You don't remember calling me up drunk last night?" Billie Joe asked.

"Ah no... " Tre said as he began to get worried he said something else to the lead singer of Green Day. "What did I say?" Tre asked frightfully.

"You said you were in love with her... " Billie Joe said leaving out that his drumming friend had also admitted she was pregnant.

"I am... " Tre finally admitted and Rose looked at him with shock and happiness. She hadn't even had a chance to mention the bruise Billie Joe had caused on his face.

"Which leads me back to my first question... How do you fall in love in less then five days?" Billie Joe said while still sitting on the lounge chair remained calm.

"I... I think we've always loved each other man... I'm obsessed with her," Tre said trailing off.

Billie Joe sighed. "No man... you haven't always been in love," Billie Joe said. "She's always been in love with you! And she's always been obsessed with you! All on a fan to rock star level! She can't possibly love you any more then that!"

"That's not true... "Rose finally spoke up. "I'll admit I drooled over Frank for a long time. Everything about him I thought was just so perfect: his randomness, his humor, his smile... " she trailed off.

"Tre... you're taking advantage of the fact that she's head over heels for you!" Billie Joe shrieked.

"I'm not... I'm head over heels for her."

"Billie... " Rose said. "I know why you think that that's the only level I could ever care for him on. And as disgusting as it is now, I use to drool over you as well. The gayness... it was just so hot," she admitted.

This brought a smile to Tre's face, "See man? She's okay with who I am."

Billie Joe didn't feel like smiling; there were a lot more serious things to think about, "And what about this pregnancy thing?" Billie Joe asked.

Tre felt his heart sink. How could Billie Joe know about this? Either Rose fessed up or he had blurted it on the phone. But now he thought that even drunk he wouldn't be into sharing that kind of news with someone who had just beaten him up. "What?" was all he managed to say.

Rose looked down at her feet, still feeling embarrassed about the whole ordeal. "It's not a big deal... " Rose lied. She was really still feeling scared shitless, whether Frank was there for her or not.

"It is a big deal!" Billie Joe yelled at his young cousin. "I want to know why any responsible 32 year old man would let this happen?!"

"Billie Joe, I'm sorry. I don't know how to fix things now that they've already happened!" Tre said and he felt like crying but he held it back.

"Something has to be fucking done! Because Rose's mom still doesn't know about this... " Billie Joe said.

"She doesn't?" Tre asked.

"You think she wouldn't have hunted you down and murdered you by now?" Billie Joe asked his blue eyed friend.

"Ah, yeah good point," Tre added.

"I'm going to be eighteen soon," Rose added to smooth the situation.

"Going to be... but you're not yet," her cousin said.

"She will be when our baby is born," Tre said and he still felt scared saying a sentence like that to Billie Joe. But at the same time he felt a great sense of fatherly pride. He looked at Rose and smiled.

To Rose it also felt weird hearing Tre Cool talk about their baby. It was their baby and this made her return the smile to Frank.

"I still want our band to continue making music," Tre said changing the subject.

Billie Joe sighed as he got up from the lounging chair, "I really, really want that too... "

"Don't stop making music," Rose joined in. "I can't be responsible for killing you guys; you guys have always been my world."

"You wouldn't be responsible," Tre said. "It would have been my own stupid mistake, not yours. You're not responsible here at all; it's me that's too blame, and me alone."

"That's for sure... " Billie Joe added.

"Frank... " Rose said.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Your face looks terrible," she grinned.

"Oh I know, but what are you going to do right?"

"I'm sorry for hitting you man... I was just so over raged you just have no idea," Billie Joe said.

"I would have done the same if someone had done that to Ramona," Tre said nodding his head knowingly.

Then the bedroom window upstairs over the pool opened and Adrienne stuck her head out, "What's going on?"

"Nothing babe... we're getting everything sorted out," Billie Joe said to his wife.

"Okay, hurry up and come back to bed. I want to cuddle you," Adrienne laughed and closed the window.

"Do you think it's a good idea if Tre comes inside?" Billie Joe asked his young cousin.

"My mom kicked me out, so I don't possibly see a problem she could have with him being in there," Rose said with a sad expression.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Frank said to her sympathetically. "Wow you've sure had a lot of shit hit you in five days."

"Yeah no shit," Rose said.

"Oh well, you are both welcome to come in. But I still think Tre should steer clear of Sher," Billie Joe added.

"Will do... " Tre said.

The two adults and young woman all went into the now sunlit house. Tre and Rose couldn't part their hands from each other for a moment. They sat down on the couch and Rose leant her body against Tre's side. This felt so right, and so free. And the fact that her cousin was now in on the secret made everything so much better.

***

That following Friday like Rose's mom had said she left for back east, without her daughter. Billie Joe invited Rose to stay at his house until she could find a place for herself.

Tre wanted to take Rose out to dinner tonight to celebrate their pregnancy; but he had a local show to play with the guys. So dinner would have to wait until later in the evening.
Where Rose had lived Green Day never toured so when Tre invited her to the concert, she was totally ecstatic.

Of course she wouldn't be watching the show from the audience, for one Tre wouldn't let her. He insisted that sometimes the people got crazy in the audience and he didn't want her getting pushed around. She was only about five days pregnant but he was overprotective of her.

So she had to settle for watching from back stage. She didn't protest this at all; this gave her a nice view of the drummer's ass. She would just have to watch for getting hit by flying drumsticks. This wasn't the biggest show the guys played but it was a sold out show of 15,000 people.

When the night time arrived and they were all standing backstage with the sound of the crowd growing impatient Rose sat quietly while Tre tried to ready himself to go on stage.

"How's my eyeliner?" Tre asked her.

She stood up and walked over to him, "It's good but... " she placed her finger under his eye and fixed it a bit on the side. "There... you look beautiful."

"Aw, bear hug!" Tre shouted and he pressed her against him. She laughed her head off, she couldn't possibly feel any happier then she did at this moment.

Billie Joe was wandering around not saying much as usual. He was just trying to get into the right headspace for the show. This was something his fellow band members always respected.

All of the backup band was practicing before curtain time as well. Jason White was letting his guitar belt out American Idiot while Billie Joe tapped his head along to it trying to get in the mood.

"3 minutes!" a voice shouted.

"Oh boy... " Tre said.

"Are you nervous?" Rose asked him.

"I am yes. But I know something that made me way more nervous," he sighed.

"And what's that?"

"Wondering if our baby is going to turn out looking like your grandpa," Tre said.

This was a little unexpected to Rose but she thought she might know what he was talking about, "Oh ah, the ear thing?"

"Yeah, those ears are huge!" Tre exclaimed.

Rose started laughing again, "I have big ears too!"

"Not as bad as that... " Tre laughed.

"Oh I know. But you want to know the reason why? The Moore family use to be black."

"Oh okay, and then they banged a bunch of white people?" Tre asked.

"Ha, ha, basically yes," Rose smiled.

"Oh well babe, I got to get on stage. Give your drum god his kisses!"

She leant in and kissed him on the lips then opened her eyes and mockingly gave his nose a kiss. "Have fun... " she said.

He nodded then the two started walking towards the stage together the rest of the band followed. The band ran out on stage and Rose stayed behind. Adrienne appeared out of no where and she too watched the show from backstage.

The crowd went absolutely wild for them. But the highlight of this show for any fan was Billie Joe's trademark onstage masturbation. Rose would have used to of liked to watch this. It's just too bad she didn't get to see it before she found out the two are related. Maybe she would have liked it too much though, and that just wouldn't have been right.

After the show the band was still pretty tired and Rose was still waiting patiently. She had managed to watch the entire show without being hit by any drumsticks. Tre came back offstage and he gave her a big hug.

"You were awesome!" she shouted over the continuing loudness of the stadium.

"I know!" Tre said egotistically but obviously joking.

She punched him in the gut as they started walking back to the lounge area of the backstage. "What now?" Rose asked. Billie Joe and Mike were quite pleased with their performance tonight.

"We have to meet some fans now," Billie Joe said.

"Oh okay sure... " she smiled.
The next thing Rose knew the guys were all sitting in a room as a group of three teenage girls came in. She wasn't sitting next to them she stood along the wall with a bunch of other people pretending to blend in. She didn't think Frank would want anybody knowing the two were an item.

The girls were all super loud when they set eyes on their favorite band. "Oh my god, its Billie Joe!" one girl shouted then ran up to him. "Let me hug you!" she demanded and Billie Joe gave in as an egotistical smile came across his face.

"Oh my god, Angie its Mike Dirnt!" another girl shouted to the third girl. Rose knew exactly how they felt; it was still the same for her. The girl sat down next to Mike and couldn't keep her eyes off him for a moment, "Can I feel your biceps?" the girl asked oddly enough.

Mike was laughing his ass off, "Yeah sure go ahead," he said and he flexed his arm out in front of her.

"Wow... " she said in amazement.

Tre Cool eyed the other girl and it was obvious she was just very shy. She slowly approached Tre and sat down next to him. "Hi Tre... " she said.

"Hi... " he said and then there was an awkward silence. Tre pulled a funny face at her and she broke into a laughing fit. "Oh my god, you're so fucking priceless!"

"Thank you... I'm so fucking hot too!" he said seriously then said, "Yah baby!" in the same tone Austin Powers would.

"Oh I know... " she said. "I'm a little nervous to ask... " she said.

"Okay... well everything's all good, what do you want to ask me?"

"Can I kiss your nose? I think you have the most adorable nose in the world!" she said.

"Fuck yes... go right ahead," Tre said leaning his head in towards her lips.

Rose watched as this girl kissed Tre on the nose. It made her feel quite jealous, especially since kissing Tre's cute nose was only suppose to be her thing. Tre turned around and looked at Rose and saw her grinning.

Then the girl who had hugged Billie Joe was sitting on his lap, she noticed Adrienne standing by the wall. "Oh my god Adi!" she shrieked and she jumped up and towards the singers wife. "Oh my god, I love you Adi! You're so fucking beautiful!" she said and she held her arms open wanting to hug her.

"Aww thank you... " Adrienne smiled and she returned the hug.

When they broke their embrace this girl noticed Rose standing beside Adrienne; she looked a lot like Billie Joe. "Whoa who are you?" the girl asked.

Rose was about to say something but Billie Joe spoke up for her, "That's my cousin Rose... " Billie Joe smiled.

The other two girls jumped up as Billie Joe introduced this new person. "Oh my god! You're like the luckiest girl alive!" they screamed.

"Am I?" she asked them and then chuckled.

"Ah figures. Those that have it good never appreciate it," one of them said.

Rose looked down as the three girls went back to looking at the band. "I think our times almost up," Angie said with sadness.

"Yeah, well thanks for being awesome to us guys! Can we have some autographs before we go?!"

The guys signed the girls some autographs and met some more people. This went on for about twenty minutes and then the band all hopped into a limousine, with Adrienne and Rose.

"You still want to go out for dinner?" Tre asked Rose.

"I'm a little tired, but yeah sure," she smiled. Mike, Billie Joe and Adrienne were all dropped off at a club by the limo driver. Tre then tapped on the window that divided the back of the limousine and where the driver was sitting.

"Take us to the most expensive place to eat in town," Tre said and he turned to Rose and smiled.

"Yes sir," the driver said and then closed the window.

Rose smiled at Tre, "The most expensive... you could have just taken me to Subway and I would have been happy.

"Subway? What kind of 'congratulations I knocked you up' present is that?" Tre laughed.

Rose pulled a clean Kleenex out of her pocket and spat into it. She then began to wipe Tre's nose. "I think she left some lipstick on there," Rose said.

"Aw, your not jealous are you?" Tre said with puppy eyes.

"No... .well maybe," she said shyly.

"Aw, you're so damn cute you know that missy?" Tre said.

"I know someone who's cuter... " Rose laughed.

"Yeah that girl that kissed my nose... " Tre mocked.

"Hey!" Rose laughed and she playfully hit him.