Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Accident

Rose caught a glimpse of Mike dancing with some girl. She thought to herself that Mike should really just stick to jumping around with his bass; he was a lot better at it.

Mike parted with this girl and came back over to the bar and saw Tre and Rose. Besides being in the limo earlier that night this was the first time he'd really been around the two since finding out about the whole pregnancy thing.

"Hey Mike," Tre said.

"Hi Mike," Rose followed up.

"Hi you guys. How's it going?"

"Pretty good," they both replied synonymously.

"Oh yeah, that's good," Mike said and he sat down on the stool at the heavy wooded bar.

Unexpectedly Rose fluttered her eyelashes and pulled Mike a side and spoke to him in a whisper, "What's going on between Billie Joe and Adrienne?"

Mike shrugged his shoulders, "You got me. I didn't even know anything was going on. Adrienne was pretty drunk though," he replied a little louder than a whisper.

Billie Joe was looking up at a television that was turned on mute and only had close captioning. He didn't hear Mike and Rose talking about him.

"Did Adi go home Bill?" Mike asked his smaller friend.

"I guess so..." Billie Joe said and he didn't sound like he cared that much.

Tre chugged back his scotch on the rocks and then asked for another and another and another. It was nearing two in the morning and the club was getting ready to shut down for the evening. The three guys were pretty hammered and all Rose could do was sit back and watch them have fun. Okay, it was fun for her too. The sight of Frank humping some random guy's leg whilst on the way back to their limousine was pretty hard to see without laughing and feeling a little shamed.

Tre was drunk, but not drunk, drunk. Billie Joe was about the same and Mike could have passed out at any moment. As they got into the limousine none of them put their seatbelts on. Mike fell on the floor and started rolling back and forth as the limo took off headed to Berkeley. He was out cold.

Tre was flirting with Rose a lot and didn't really pay attention to the fact that Billie Joe was crying over something. Rose did and as much as she loved Tre flirting with her she told him to stop for a minute.

"What's wrong?" she said looking at Billie Joe.

"Nothing!" he snapped at her.

"Then stop fucking crying! You're acting like a whiny little PMS-ing bitch!" Rose yelled.

"Whoa... nicely done," Tre said.

"Shut up!" Billie Joe yelled.

"I'm sorry Billie, but still stop crying you're wrecking the night..." Rose said and she turned back to Tre and smiled at him seductively.

"Oh I want you bad..." Tre practically sung to Rose.

"Tre fuck off!" Billie Joe said and he hit his friend in the arm.

"Stop fucking hitting me!" Tre shouted and he hit Billie Joe in the face.

The two of them got into a horrendously bad fight, and Billie Joe smashed Tre in the face once again. Tre's first bruise still hadn't disappeared from the days before. Before either of them knew it Tre was tackling his smaller friend to the floor of the limousine; right on top of Mike in fact.

"Oww! What the fuck are you doing!?" Mike shouted as he woke up under his fighting friends.

"Stop it!" Rose shouted.

The driver was deaf to everything that was going on in the back of the vehicle and he kept driving. The rain started to pour and it hit the steel rough of the limousine with force.

Billie Joe and Tre finally stopped when Rose boldly grabbed Tre's arm and pulled him back. "Please stop fighting!" she shouted at both of them.

"For fuck sakes! Who kicked my face?" Mike said and then he fell asleep again.

"I'm sorry!" Tre shouted at her. "Oh god you piss me off sometimes!" he said angrily to his friend.

Just then at this impossible moment, the limousine began hydroplaning and it skidded across the very interstate. Rose was the only one not intoxicated amongst the bunch and she could tell what was happening clearly. "We're going to crash!" she screamed and covered her head.

And surely they did, the vehicle skidded twenty feet sideways and then hit something at a very high speed.

Everybody in the back seat was thrown around. Mike was already out and he had no idea what hit him. Billie Joe flew against the window that divided the driver's area from the back of the limo. And Tre tried to grab Rose but he flew to the other end of the vehicle.

A few minutes later Tre heard somebody yelling, "Is everybody okay in there!?"

There was some heavy banging on the side of the car and Tre opened his eyes when the back door opened. "Is everybody okay?" a man asked as he stuck his head in the door seeing random people lying around.

Tre tried to get up but he had a very painful broken arm. And it felt like he had dislocated his leg "I'm alive..." he said.

"I'm okay," Billie Joe said but he too was in pain. He had broken two ribs and his wrist as he tried to stop himself during impact.

Mike had already been out cold and now he was really knocked out, he didn't say a word. Billie Joe shook him with his other hand, "Hey man wake up...wake up," Billie Joe said and he wondered if his best friend was even alive.

"Rose, are you alright?" Tre groaned as he felt around with his unbroken arm and he tried to sit up and lean against one of the seats. "Rose?"

"Where is she?" Billie Joe asked as her concerned older cousin.

"There's a broken window here," the man said.

"Oh my god... " Tre gasped as he gazed around the vehicle unable to spot his newest girlfriend.

Rose had been completely thrown from the vehicle. Her body smashed through a side window and threw her out onto the wet pavement of the interstate.

"I think she must have been thrown from the vehicle," the man said as he stood in the rain. "And I think your driver is dead."

"Somebody go look for her!" Tre demanded.

The man took off from the vehicle in search of this girl he only knew as Rose.

With his other arm Tre pulled out his cell phone and dialed 911.

"911 emergency," a woman answered promptly.

"Get me a fucking ambulance now please!" Tre yelled

"What is your location sir?" the dispatch asked him.

"I don't know, we were just in a car crash! We're in a limousine somewhere on the north highway outside of LA," Tre shouted in over-excitement.

"Okay sir, I'll see if I can have some officials try to locate you."

"Thank you! Please come quick, my girlfriend was just thrown out the window of our limousine. And my friend is out cold, I don't know if they're alive or dead!"

"We'll do our best sir," the emergency dispatch woman said to her sincerest.

"Thank you!" Tre said and he hung up.

The man whom was searching for a woman unbeknownst to him, located her on the highway, twenty feet from where the vehicle had stopped. The rain was beating down on her pale skin as she lay there seemingly lifeless. "I found her!" the man shouted.

"How is she!?" Tre shouted and he didn't care if he had broken his arm or dislocated his leg. He forced himself out of the back of the limo and limped over to where he saw the man standing in the dark.

"She's not moving," the nameless man said.

Tre leant down beside her with difficulty and he began tapping the left side of her face. The other side of her face was flat against the road. He didn't even want to know how bad it looked. "Come on baby, wake up," Tre begged.

"Are you her husband?" the man asked.

"I'm her boyfriend, but oh my god she's pregnant with our baby. She can't die!" Tre shouted in emotional pain and his lip quivered.

Just then Billie Joe heard paramedic sirens as he was still trying to wake up an unconscious Mike Dirnt. "Mike... Mike man please don't be dead," Billie Joe begged as he reminisced on the last 23 years he had known and spent with his best friend.

The ambulance quickly pulled up beside the limousine and the truck which it had crashed into. Paramedics quickly jumped out and swarmed the limousine finding the two famous musicians with their injuries.

"Over here! Over here! Somebody help my girlfriend!" Tre shouted as he felt himself break into tears. Two Paramedics quickly descended on Rose and practically pushed Tre out of the way. "Gary, bring the stretcher!" one of the two yelled.

Another paramedic came over quickly wheeling a stretcher with him. He laid it down on the ground next to Rose. The paramedics slowly turned Rose over to see that separate parts of her arms, chest and stomach had been skinned as she bounced off the pavement several time. Her face was scraped up pretty badly as well.

Tre just stood there in disbelief. He shook his head and cried his eyes out. By the way she looked there was absolutely no way she could have survived; and the paramedics weren't saying much to him either.

Just then two other ambulances pulled up and went to assist the paramedics who were working in the back of the limousine.

Mike was brought out on a stretcher and put into one of the three ambulances. Billie Joe had told them that Mike was already passed out from drinking before the crash.

Another paramedic got the driver's body out of the front seat and laid it on a stretcher and placed a sheet over him. The body was loaded up into the second ambulance.

Billie Joe asked to go in the same ambulance as his friend and they did not deny him this privilege.

Tre was hysterical and he limped over to the third ambulance behind his lady's stretcher which was being put into the third ambulance. One of the paramedics helped him in then sat him on a seat next to her stretcher.

The man whom had first had his truck hit with their limousine had no injuries and he stayed behind as the police arrived.