Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Friday Night

Tre kept staring at Rose the entire conversation. Billie Joe noticed, and so did Mike. Mike then said something he thought would get Tre's attention for sure, "So yeah Billie, I think that guy we met will be a great replacement drummer."

"I couldn't agree more," Billie Joe said, going along with it.

Tre still didn't pay any attention. He was enjoying flirting with Billie Joe's younger cousin, so much more then talking with them. "So yeah did I tell you that you were hot?"

"You did actually..." Rose blushed. "But I think you're two seconds from getting kicked from your band," she laughed.

Tre turned to look at Mike and Billie Joe and he saw they were kind of cross. "What? You guys are always mad at me," Tre pouted.

"We're not mad at you! We just need your opinion on a few things!" Mike explained.

The three of them started to all chat and Tre smartened up. Rose's panic disorder was starting to kick in again, as she realized this was all really happening to her. "Umm I think I'm going to go catch up with Sarah! Can I use your bathroom first though?"

"Yeah sure... It's just on the left of the hall under the front stairs," Bille Joe smiled, and noticed how quickly she took off.

"Thanks!" she shouted at him.

Rose ran into the bathroom and she was feeling sick to her stomach. It felt like a mix between nausea and the butterflies. Maybe she was just overly-excited. She held her stomach and sat on the side of the bathtub for a few minutes.

She then noticed that this bathroom she was near ready to use as her own personal 'barfitarium', was actually very nice. There was a television in the shower and the taps appeared to be gold. She had always hoped to be a successful musician herself, but the money aspect of it never fazed her.

She regurgitated most of her dinner in the toilet and all though she had an empty stomach she actually felt better. She washed out her mouth and went out into the dining room to find her sister, Sarah.

Sarah was in the living room with Billie Joe, Mike and Tre. "Hey Sarah," Rose smiled, and she came over to the couch to try and steal her spot back from Sarah who was now sitting in it.

"Hey...go sit some where else," Sarah laughed.

"Fine!" Rose shrieked, and she sat down on the floor, but she wasn't that mad about it. "It took me an hour to find you in this place," Rose giggled at her sister.

"Yeah well that's our asshole family for you. They all have these big fancy houses and stuff... I just live in a dumpy apartment with my boyfriend Chris," Sarah grinned.

'Whoa, two other family members calling our family assholes' Rose thought.

"I'm not an asshole because I have a nice house!" Billie Joe protested.

"Yes you are..." Sarah said.

"Yeah you are..." Tre added.

"What the fuck! You have a nice house too Tre! Maybe if you got a good job you'd have a nice house some day too Sarah," Billie Joe snickered.

"It's not a house! It's my bat cave!" Tre shouted.

"Yes, I'm sure I'm going to get a job offer that's going to make me a millionaire by the time I'm twenty-three any day now!" Sarah said sarcastically.

"Guys...stop fighting. I have to listen to this shit enough at home!" Rose blurted out.

The both of them stopped, "I'm sorry..." Billie Joe said.

"Ah yeah, sorry Rose," Sarah said, but she still glared at Billie Joe.

Tre started up hitting on Rose again, "So you want to go out some time?"

Billie Joe finished off the argument by smashing Tre harder in the other arm. "Fuck off!"

"For fuck sakes! Stop hitting me you woman beater!" Tre shrieked in a feminine voice.

"You're not a woman! Get over yourself!" Mike added.

Rose was laughing so hard she thought she might pee herself, "Oh my god... You guys."

Grandad came out from another room and Joey and Jakob followed close behind him. "Who's a woman beater?"

"Oh nobody Grandad...just Tre," Billie Joe laughed.

"I am not! I am the victim here!" Tre squeeled.

"Hmm, well I think I'm going to take off. Rose, Sarah come say bye bye," Grandad said.

Sarah and Rose stood up and headed over to their Grandfather. "Don't you want me to come say good bye?" Billie Joe asked with sad puppy eyes.

"I'm not going to hug you! Learn to be a man Billie Joe!" Grandad barked, shaking his fist at the green-eyed musician.

"Bye grandad," Rose said. Her and Sarah both hugged him in unison.

Tre then came running over and he hugged...or squeezed rather, all three of them at the same time, "I'll never be a man! I'm going to miss you Grampa!" Tre shrieked, like the drama queen he was.

"I'm not your grampa!" Grandad said.

"Yeah Tre...Nobody likes you...everyone left you..." Mike said but before he finished he got cut off.

"Shut up! I hate that song!" Tre said jokingly, but enjoyed insulting Mike's song.

Rose was laughing her ass off like she was stoned. This was the best comedy routine she had ever witnessed. It wasn't even a routine really, this was just the way they naturally were.

Mike looked a bit hurt that Tre made fun of his song. Grandad said good bye to Joey and Jakob and he left.

"What's your mom doing guys?" Billie Joe asked the kids.

"Talking with auntie Sher," Joey answered.

"Oh okay, what are the rest of your aunts and uncles doing?"

"They're going to go soon," Jakob said.

"Oh that's perfect. Once they're out of the house we can have a Friday night," Billie Joe grinned. "Can you get into bars Rose? I know Sarah can."

"She's not going to a bar!" Sarah said and acted like she ran Rose's show.

It was at this moment Rose remembered why she had grown so far apart from Sarah. Not only because of the distance, but because Sarah was so controlling. "Yeah I can actually," Rose said, even though she had never tried. She would have loved too, but then their was the social issue thing again.

"Sweet! The Armstrong's are going to the bar!" Billie announced.

"And the Cool's!" Tre said

Billie Joe repeated Tre and acted as an announcer, "And the Cool's!"

Then Mike said, "And the Dirnt's!"

"And the Dir...I think we get the point!" Billie Joe said.

"I'm not an Armstrong, Cool or a Dirnt," Rose laughed. "I'm a Moore, did you forget that?"

"I did actually, but it makes sense you would have the same last name as Sarah," Billie Joe said.

"So you knew my last name anyways...and you didn't mention that I was coming drinking?" Sarah asked, raising one eyebrow.

"You sounded like you were against the idea. And I thought everybody was saying out their name if they wanted to come?!" Billie Joe grinned mischieviously.

"And the Moore's!" Rose said, to let everyone know she wanted to come drinking.

"Woohoo! And the Moore's!" Billie repeated.

"You can say Moore and not Dirnt?" Mike grinned.