Sequel: Union

Family Reunion

The Bar

Joey and Jakob went off to bed as all the aunts, uncles and cousins left. Adrienne was plannning on coming out too and she called a babysitter.

"Man! It's been a long time since I've gone out drinking in this town..." Billie Joe announced. But that was because the band had been touring so much. Rose didn't get to see them on their tour because she didn't live close enough to a big venue.

"Yeah it'll be sweet..." Mike agreed.

"Yeah...I'm going to try and pick up a hot guy," Tre said seriously.

Rose laughed, "I'll help you pick him out!"

"Sweet! Then we can have a threesome!" Tre shouted but then slinked down when Billie Joe looked his way.

"Fuck off!" Billie yelled.

"Yeah Tre fuck off...you're making Billie Joe mad," Mike warned.

"Billie Joe's always mad! Why are you all telling me to fuck off?" Tre pretended to cry and he ran over to Rose and buried his head on her shoulder. He then looked up and saw Billie Joe looking more pissed off. "Oh...I'm sorry I didn't know this was your shoulder..." Tre said as his voice returned to normal and he pulled away from Rose.

Adrienne came out to the living room, "What about Sher? What is she going to do?"

Sher followed her out to the living room, "I'm going to put my feet up and relax, I'm tired from our flight...I hope you don't mind, but you guys go have a good time."

"Oh okay, are you sure Grandma?" Tre asked.

Billie Joe hit Tre in the arm, "For fuck sakes you're a dick...she's my aunt not my Grandma!"

Sher looked at Tre like he was a rude little bugger. "Yes, I'm more than sure."

"Okay, well enjoy your down time!" Adrienne smiled. They all headed out into the foyer to put their shoes on. Then one by one the went out the front door.

Billie Joe spoke up as the bossy director, "Okay Rose and Sarah can come in my car."

"What about me?" Adrienne asked with a smile.

"I don't care...Mike will give you a lift," he joked.

Adrienne hit him playfully, "You jerk."

"Okay get in!" Billie Joe said and he unlocked the doors to his BMW. Everyone comfortably got into the spacious car.

Mike and Tre had come in their seperate vehicles, and both left the driveway behind Billie Joe's car. A few minutes passed and since Billie Joe was driving ahead, he too would pick out the bar.

He pulled into the lot of a middle class pub on the eastend of town. He liked it the best, because the people were friendlier then at the snooty clubs on the westend. They all pulled in, but Tre arrived a few minutes late.

They all got out of their cars excitedly. This wasn't the type of club with a bouncer, they would all just walk in.

"What took you so long?" Billie Joe asked Tre with a hint of suspicion in his voice.

"I had to go change," Tre grinned.

"You're wearing the exact same thing!" Billie Joe said.

Tre shrugged his shoulders, "Am I now?"

Rose was a little bit nervous that she would get kicked out; it would totally embarrass her in front of everyone, but mostly Billie Joe. She felt wrong for taking a liking to Billie Joe the most just because he was famous. But then again, she had always liked him because she related to him and his lyrics.

They went inside, and so far so good. They all sat down at a table, it was unusually busy for this November night. They were playing crappy pop music on some sound system that was turned down way too low.

"Wow, you sure now how to pick 'em, don't you Bill?" Mike said sarcastically.

"I don't get it, they use to play good music here. And it use to be louder," Billie Joe defended himself.

"No no...you just like to listen to Jessica Simpson," Tre said.

Adrienne was laughing at her husband, "Aww how cute."

"Yeah fucking right..." Billie Joe said defensively.

Then a bartender sauntered over to the table. She recognized the band but she didn't get all hysterical like some would. "Hey, what can I get you guys?"

"Beer..." they all said at once.

"Okay no problem..." the bartender said, and she went to walk away, before being stopped by Billie Joe.

"Oh yeah, do you think you could put on some good music too and crank it up?" Billie Joe smiled.

The bartender laughed, "Yeah sure...no problem."

Rose was becoming more comfortable. She figured it was because she was with famous people that they didn't even take notice to her. She couldn't get too comfortable though, every now and again it would come up and bite her 'holy shit I'm related to Billie Joe and I'm at a bar with Green Day'.

Billie Joe got happier when he heard 'I Wanna Be Sedated' by the Ramones come up loud over the sound system. "Fuck yes!" The bartender came back a minute later with the beers. "How did you know?!" Billie Joe shouted over the now very loud music.

"I'm a big fan of yours!" the bartender shouted.

"Cool! Thank you!" Billie Joe shouted back.

"You're hot!" Tre yelled at the bartender just as the song ended and the room fell silent. Everybody in the pub stared at Tre. Another song started up, and they all went back to talking amongst each other.

The bartender walked away with a big smile on her face. Rose was feeling kind of crappy now, Tre called the bartender hot too. Maybe that was just something he said to everyone? In fact she knew Tre, that was definitely something he said to everyone. She took a chug of her beer as she let it smash back down to its place on the table.

Sarah was bobbing her head to the music right along with the rest of them. Sarah and Adrienne were quite good friends and they were chatting away. They all finished their round of beers and started on another.

Billie Joe was talking with Mike, and Tre was just scanning the room of people. Rose felt like a social misfit again, or in Billie Joe's words 'A social tool without a use'. A third round of beers started and Rose knew it would take her at least four to feel a tiny buzz.

Billie Joe looked over at Rose and saw that she was being ignored. He saw that Tre was doing nothing at all, and all though he didn't really want Tre around Rose he thought that he should at least be polite enough to have a conversation with her.

Tre looked shifty and nervous as he kept scanning the room. He looked like he was waiting for hell to freeze over.

Four more rounds of beers passed and they were now on the seventh. Rose was starting to feel more than slightly drunk.

The guys were just good and buzzed now and definitely had not quit drinking for the night. The bartender brought around an eighth round and then a ninth. Rose was so drunk now, she felt loose about anything.

Tre looked less nervous and shifty now and he did something that shocked everyone in the pub...