‹ Prequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: Active and being updated when we can. (This is the fourth part in the series.)

Misplaced Words

Another Year, Another Boy

“Hey Aiden,” I say, dropping my bag on the ground in front of the food cart.

The same food cart I fell in love with the day I visited Lizzy some weeks after Naomi’s death. It’s hard, being in class and not being able to look forward to her laugh or corny jokes at lunch. Her awesome cooking skills and helpful advice. Even though I’d barely follow anything she’d say, it was still nice to have her around. Although I miss spending time with Vic, I’m kind of glad that we’re away from each other. This whole thing with him makes me feel so guilty, but I can’t help being around him. He’s just…I don’t know. I guess it’s something special. Now, his time is all devoted to Lizzy, so he completely forgot about me. That jerk. He barely even texts me! The only time I really get to have him to myself is in music class, and even then I barely get to talk to him. It’s class! Whatever, he’ll see what it feels like to be abandoned, again.

“Hello,” Aiden smiles, snapping me out of my mental tantrum. “Would you like anything?”

If anyone was to make me forget about Vic, I chose the right person. Aiden is so gorgeous. Not to mention his amazingly bold personality and super smarts. It’s like this guy was shipped right out of a ‘perfect boyfriend’ catalog or something. It’s so cute whenever he tutors me in math or another subject, because then he’ll wrap his arms around me, place his hand over mine and help my write out the equation. Or sometimes he will even give me a big kiss if I get the answer right without having him to figure it out for me. It may seem childish, but it makes my heart flutter. I enjoy his company.

“Uh, yeah. Large chocolate chip muffin,” I say, fixing my collar.

“Uh-uh,” he says, shaking his head, “you missed something.”

“Please?” I mock whine, pouting up at him.

“That’s right,” he laughs before handing me the muffin.

I plant a kiss on his cheek before taking a big bite out of the top of the muffin. These things really are the greatest. All warm and packed with a bunch of chocolate. I’m so happy. I needed it too, after a long day of rehearsal for the show our class is supposed to take part in next month. Our music class was chosen to participate in a show case to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I am so pumped for this, I get my own solo! I’m not exactly sure what song I’m singing yet, it’s between Stronger or Beautiful, both by the one and only Christina Aguilera. Of course I have a song to do with some other students. Ms. Jones split us up into small groups again, so now I’m with this guy named Jerry who plays piano and the new girl Kari. I thought that it was cute that she’s Gabe’s little cousin, and how big of a fan she is of Lizzy. It’s good to know that people outside of the campus are recognizing her talent.

I hear laughter behind me and whip my head around, recognizing the voices: Vic and Lizzy, of course. He’s giving her a piggyback ride and is running around the field like an idiot. I bite my lip and shake my head, crossing my arms, clearly annoyed.

“Don’t worry about him babe,” Aiden says, poking me in the back.

I never told Aiden anything that happened between Vic and I in the past, but I guess the envious looks I shoot in his direction aren’t as discreet as I thought they were. I can’t help it; how am I supposed to move on completely when he’s flaunting someone else around, directly in my face?!? He is unbelievable. You’d think he’d be a little more considerate, considering we were just sharing those moments not too long ago.

I turn to face Aiden and shrug, “how could I? I’ve got you right in front of me, don’t I?”

“Well, now you do,” he mutters, slipping out from behind the cart and standing next to me. “My shift is officially over.” He grabs my waist, “now you’ve really got my attention.”

I really do love that accent of his; it makes the simplest of words sound so much more intriguing. I set the muffin that I had been neglecting down on the counter of the cart and rest my hand on his chest.

“It’s about time, let’s get away from here,” I groan, making sure not to look in Vic’s direction.

“Whoa, hold on,” he leans in, "I can't show off how amazing we are if we leave, can I?”

I turn my head to see Lizzy resting her head on Vic’s shoulder as Kellin, who appeared out of nowhere, is trying to get her to stand up. Vic looks genuinely upset that Kellin is stealing her attention, and easily, might I add. I really shouldn’t make him feel any worse than he probably already is, but it’s not my fault he decided to leave me behind.

“I’m in,” I smirk. He takes his uniform cap off and smacks it onto the counter top, then grabs my hand and pulls me over to the growing crowd of ‘friends’. They must have just gotten out of break or something. “Hey guys,” I sing as we plant ourselves on the ground across from them.

“Hi Ally,” Lizzy calls to me from a few feet away.

Now she was riding on Kellin’s back, but when he did it, he didn’t look like a flailing idiot. That’s because I’m not jealous of them. They’re meant to be together, they’re married for Pete’s sake! But once this blows over I hope Vic doesn’t expect me to run right into his arms, no matter how much I’d like to. I really like Aiden, and I’m not going to just drop him because Vic needs someone to hold. The small amount of time that I’ve spent with Aiden already feels like I’ve been with him for ages. Okay maybe I’m exaggerating, but still. He’s so wonderful. I don’t know what it is about him.

“Hi Jack, Tania,” I grin as they sit around us.

Jack gives me a weird look as Tania gives me a shy smile. I’m sure she knows about our history, but chooses to look past it. I heard she was there when I was in the hospital, pregnant and all. She’s so sweet. I’m proud to say I’m officially over her husband. I mean there are those times once in a blue moon where I see them together and wonder if it could have been like that for us, but I don’t feel anything. I wave at little Christopher who was wrapped up in her arms, looking hastily at his surroundings.

Aiden takes this opportunity to be all affectionate towards me. Every once in a while he likes to steal me away from our ‘friends’ to be alone with me, which I think so cute. But now is prime time.

“Aaliyah,” he whispers loudly. I love the way my name sounds coming out of his mouth.

“Yeah?”

“I’ve got something for you,” he says, pulling something out from his back pocket. A long, violet colored fabric box. It snaps open, revealing a silver charm bracelet, with little pink diamonds. Now this I did not expect. I gasp and cover my face, grabbing a few of the friends’ attention. “I knew you’d like it,” he smiles, taking my hand from my face and putting it on my wrist.

“That looks expensive,” Vic speaks up from across from us.

“Oh, a gentleman never tells” Aiden says, giving him a quick glance, and then looking back at me, “but regardless of price her expression was worth it.”

I blush and examine the beautiful shiny work of art now around my wrist. You see what I’m talking about when I say he’s great?

Lizzy comes over to see it and smiles, complimenting Aiden's great choice in jewelry. Everyone looks at him approvingly. Except for Vic, that is, of course. Instead he looks at me with distress. ‘I know what you’re trying to do,’ I can almost picture him saying. He doesn’t say it, so I don’t care. I squeal and pull Aiden in for a kiss, showing off to everyone my new occupation; Aiden’s girlfriend, and I plan to keep it that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
-K_K