Status: updates every other day! Hope you enjoy it! Also, check it out on wattpad as well!

Close Your Eyes

Chapter 3

I spaced out while staring at this man standing in front of me. I'm pretty sure I was creeping him out because he looked away and his cheeks became a rosy color as he said "Come on, let's get you to your room! Don't want to keep Ashby waiting, now do we?" He flashed me a smile that I swear could cure cancer and end wars. I'm pretty sure he was flirting but who am I kidding? He could just be really REALLY friendly. DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP ALAN. I followed him up the stairs to the 3rd floor and through the large metal door to the dorm rooms. "Room 302. Here we are! And you're right next to me!" COULD GOD HATE ME ANYMORE? I took the key from my RA and slid the key card through the lock and opened the door. I gasped at the mess in my room. There were 3 beds, all with trash littering on top of them and paint on the floor with the paint peeling off of the walls. The RA came in and began to talk, "hey my name's Au- What happened?" "I- I don't know." "We better get this taken care of. Come with me." I followed him out of the door and down the stairs to the front office.
The tall man walked into the office and seemed upset and angry. "why is Room 302 all messed up?" He mumbled to the secretary and placed his arms on the banister and slumped his head down. "uh- Austin I don't know what's going on. The room was supposed to be cleaned out already." She spoke confidently. "Is there another room that he can stay in while they clean up?" apparently Austin said. "uh- well let me check." The lady looked back down at the computer and began to type furiously. She looked up with a puzzled look on her face and I knew it was a no. "The only available rooms are RA rooms. I'm sorry, he'll have to room with you for a couple of weeks." Austin turned around with a smile on his face. "Well looks like we're roomies!" He said a little too over excited. "Great." I said with a fake smile. Did I really want to share a room with my adorable RA who probably has a girlfriend who'll be over all of the time. "Well I guess I better go move in." "Hey wait, you need a key!" Austin stated and happily took out his wallet and got his key card and handed it to me with a smile plastered on his face. Our hands brushed against each other, I pulled back because he shocked me and he looked confused. Was it a sign? Probably not. I took the key and walked to the elevator because I was lazy. I felt like I was being stared at and turned around to see Austin staring at me. He noticed me looking at him and he blushed the color of his shirt. He waved to me and I almost had a heart attack. I've only just met him. How is this possible?

I got into the elevator and soon enough arrived at the 3rd floor. I went to walk out when I ran into a guy, 18ish, red hair similar to mine and tattoos as well. I already knew I was going to enjoy this college. "Uh sorry man" he mumbled as he went into the elevator and turned towards the door. I saw a hint of a smile, what was that about?

I walked to 301 and slid the key card and opened the door. This room was much bigger than mine, but I was perfectly content with a bigger room, who wouldn't be? The first thing I noticed was an acoustic guitar. Was it possible that Austin played guitar? I immediately ran to it and grabbed it and sat down on what I assumed was my bed. I began to strum the guitar. I started singing and humming when I was scared shitless. "You play?" I heard Austin say from behind me. I flashed around to see that bright smile and him leaning on the door, the one that I had forgot to shut. "Yeah a little, I'm not that good, but it's just a hobby I guess." I smiled at him and placed his guitar back on the stand. "You were great! What are you talking about?" He paused for a bit, thinking about something. "You know I have a band and we need a guitarist. Maybe you should try it out." He said and looked at me with pleading eyes. Who knew, maybe freshman year wouldn't be that bad afterall?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the third chapter! Enjoy and ignore errors haha ily