Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 17

The phone call came , one positive thing for this day ..

Kari and I can have children , we just have to be patient. Nothing wrong with either of us.

Kari was still sleeping. She's been sleeping all day long since we got the news.

I couldn't believe this happened , Troy is dead. How can Troy be dead? He's her only blood left.

"How's she doing?" they all asked as soon as I stepped into the kitchen. I held Kari until she fell asleep and then left , only to grab both of us some food and something to drink then I'm going back upstairs.

"Not good , she's sleeping. I'm just getting some food for me and her."

"Let me help" Tanya said softly , grabbing one of those warm plates and placed two steaks , and patato salad on it. Then she poured Kari some diet coke and I grabbed a coke since Kar wouldn't appreciate me drinking beer right now.

"we're gonna be here okay. Call me if she needs me"

I nodded , "yeah"

"Good luck man" Brian whispered , I nodded leaving the room and going back upstairs.

Kari was just waking up when I walked back in.

"aw baby girl" I put the food down and went back to her , cradling her body.

"is that food?" she whispered lowly , her eyes bloodshot , her voice wavered.

"Yeah , are you hungry?"

"hm" she nodded , I got up and placed the food on the bed.

She started eating. I frowned and stared at her. She's a zombie now.

"I'm here for you okay. Whatever you need , I'll do it" I whispered. She smiled slightly at me nodding her head

"I know. Thanks , I love you"

"I love you too baby girl"

"I-I still can't... believe this. T-Troy... he told me , before our w-wedding that he wanted out. H-he wanted to be a recruiter... N-now he's dead.."

"I know baby. I know"

"Did the doctors call yet?" she whispered

I nodded , "there's nothing wrong. We just have to keep trying"

She nodded , letting out a breath. "you should call your p-parents... they a-already called me twice. I-I think they want to know how the doctors appointment was"

"o-okay.. Must I tell them about... Troy?"

"y-yeah.. y-you can.. they liked him"

I nodded kissing her head , wishing someone will help me mend this broken girl in my arms.