Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 28

Remember when you were little , and your parents told you to never trust a stranger?

I remembered , I listened.

I'm almost 30 and I still obey that rule.

Never trust a stranger
Never believe anything they say.

But today , I broke that rule.

Today , I listened to a stranger.

I listened when they told me what to do. I didn't even question it.

I just did it.

And not because I was scared , or intimidated.

Because I wanted to hurt him.

I wanted Brian Haner Jr to suffer.

That's why I listened , that's why I disobeyed the only rule I still follow.

That's why my best friend's life is in jeopardy.

********
48 hours earlier
[Kari's POV]

"Matty! Stop it" I giggled as I pried his hands away , he was tickling me and blowing kisses on my neck. I was really ticklish and the bastard knows that.

"Hey!! Don't take the love away"

"How is tickling me , love?"

"I love to see you laugh" Matt commented turning me around. "and if tickling you makes you giggle then I will fucking do it"

"Since when did you become a softie?"

"Since I had that dream that you died"

I sigh , and placed my hands on his cheeks. "Today is suppose to be a fun day. Just you and me on the beach." I gave him a kiss , "we're not talking about that okay?"

He nodded , "okay. You wanna play ball?"

"Sounds fun. Just don't be too rough on me"

"I won't baby" Matt laughed , "besides how can someone be rough with throwing and catching"

"Have you seen the size of you?"

"That's not fair" Matt pouted picking up the ball from his towel. "I get in trouble if I comment on your size"

"And what exactly is my size Matthew?"

He frowned and stuttered , "see! Unfair!!"

I laughed , "joking babe.. Come on let's go play"

For the next hour Matt and I joked around playing ball and then he decided to go for a swim and since we decided to do everything together I was forced into the cold water.

Well , Matthew will get his fair share later when I want to hit the sun and tan.

******
"I'm bored" he said. We've been tanning [or I've been tanning] for only 20 minutes and this is the 10th time he's commented how bored he is.

I continued ignoring him soaking up the sun with my eyes closed.

"Kari" poke "Kari" poke "don't ignore me" poke "I'm bored" poke poke "let's do something" poke "Kari" poke poke "Kari "poke poke" "babyyyyyyy" poke

He sigh and I grinned thinking he stopped.

Boy , was I wrong.

"Karieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , don't ignore meeeeeeeeeeeee... Karieeeeeeeeeeee don't ignore meeeeeeee. I am bored... I want to dooooooo something.... Karieeeeeee , oh Karieeeeeeeee please don't ignore meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Matt usually has a nice voice , one that can make any girl drool but now , just to spite me , he's singing off key and very , very terrible.

I grabbed a ice lolly out of the coolbag and stuffed it into his mouth.

He frowned and then glared , "now I'm mad at you"

"Good. Maybe you won't talk as much"

Matt huffed and turned around , turning his back to me. I giggled loving this immature man I call my husband.

*****
Matt's on the phone with Brian now , he still hasn't "forgiven" me for ignoring him.

I laid still on my towel , and waited for my big bear to finish his phone conversation.

"Yeah okay man. I'll just run it by the boss... yeah okay bye man"

'Run what by the boss?'

"Not talking to you. you were mean"

I laughed and crawled closer to him , "I'm sowwi little pooo... Please fowgive me"

He pouted but then a smile replaced it , "fine! I love you"

"Love you too sugarcombs. What did Bri want?"

"They want to go to Johnnys tonight? You up for it?"

"Hmm , I am. I'll tell Tanya , she wants an excuse to come to Cali for the weekend"

"Hm okay , sounds good. He said at 8 so why don't you and I go watch a movie at the cinema?"

"Sounds fun" I said standing up , I quickly dressed since I was in my bikini and then helped Matt pick up the stuff.

When we got back to the mansion since it was like 20 steps away from the beach , Matt and I left.

I was still in my bikini covered by a Spongebob t shirt and denim shorts and Matt was still in his red/orange swim shorts and a white T-shirt.

i finally won the argument to buy popcorn and beverages while Matt bought the tickets. He wasn't happy that I wanted to buy but I couldn't care less.

We decided to watch the movie "Begin again"

***

It was 6 when we arrived back at the mansion and I quickly made Matt a sandwich since I was still full from the popcorn.

I then decided to go and shower and get ready for tonight. Tanya was on her way , and would probably be here at half past 7.

***
"Babe? Tanya's here" Matt's voice filled the empty room , "you look gorgeous."

I smiled at the black shirt and blue jeans I was wearing and knew I didn't look gorgeous but Matty was being sweet.

"Thank you baby" I got on my tippy toes and kissed him since he's much , much taller than me.

*************
The night out with the gang was fun , exciting and laughable. Jimmy was shitfaced , as well as Brian and Johnny.

Although John and Jim was funny , Brian was nerve wrecking since he's been calling Tanya a 'whore' and a 'fucking slutty cunt' every now and then and although we all told him to stop he's been keeping it up and making out with every girl he sees to spite her.

Tanya and Zacky is in that cute I-love-you-but-I-don't-know-how-to-tell-you" stage and it's been infuriating Brian even more.

Now , he's gone to extreme and started punching Zack.

Matt pried Brian off Zack and restrained him until he calmed down.

But it was no use since Brian continued insulting Zacky and Tanya. He even had the guts to tell Tanya he's been cheating on her since they started going out.

************************************************************
Tanya's POV
**********
[Present]

Remember when you were little , and your parents told you to never trust a stranger?

I remembered , I listened.

I'm almost 30 and I still obey that rule.

Never trust a stranger
Never believe anything they say.

But today , I broke that rule.

Today , I listened to a stranger.

I listened when they told me what to do. I didn't even question it.

I just did it.

And not because I was scared , or intimidated.

Because I wanted to hurt him.

I wanted Brian Haner Jr to suffer.

That's why I listened , that's why I disobeyed the only rule I still follow.

That's why my best friend's life is in jeopardy.

************
[Matt's POV]

"Tanya? What did you do?" Zacky screamed out as the gunshots continued through the building.

"I trusted him , he betrayed me" was all she said as she watched with a blank expression how they tormented Johnny's Bar.

"So you hired hitmen to kill everyone in the fucking bar?" I screamed out

"Matt!" I heard Kari screaming. the guys' head shot up and the anger was replaced with panic

"Kari? Where are you?"

"Matt help me!" and then I heard another gun shot , and then it stopped. It was dead quiet. Lots and lots of people was shot in that bar today

But only one stood out

and this time , she really was shot.