Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 42

"No!" she groaned , "I'm so comfy don't leave me"

I laughed at Kari and hugged her tightly , "sorry babe but I need to stand up now."

She buried her head deeper into my chest and instantly fell asleep again.

It was 4 am , and my alarm reminded me that I need to stand up for work.

It's been two weeks since my birthday , and Kari and I ; Brian and Zacky adopted dogs from the shelter.

When we told the guys that we'd rather want a shelter dog they agreed that it's the better choice.

Kari and I got a labrador named Bella. She was still a puppy.

Brian named his maltese Pinkly and Zacky adopted two doggies.

"Come on baby get off me please" I whispered running my fingers through her hair

"Fine" she grumbled , "come on Bella come to mommy"

The golden puppy jumped up to the bed and cuddled on Kari's stomach. I smiled and kissed Kari then went to the shower.

I washed my hair and body and then stepped out of the shower , not even bothering covering my body with a towel.

When I walked out of the en-suite bathroom i saw Kari looking at me with a smirk on her face

"Cover that beast Matt. Here's little baby eyes that can see you"

I chuckled , "aww Bella loves her daddy's beast"

"You're gross. God"

I kissed her lips and laughed , "you never say I'm gross when I'm buried inside you"

"Dress Sanders. That's an order"

I rolled my eyes and smiled , when I turned to leave she slapped my naked ass

"Watch it , Sanders" I warned teasing her slightly.

I dressed in some jeans and a Billabong T-shirt

"Better?"

"Much."

"Hmm , I know a few women that will beg to differ"

"I might punch them"

"I thought so"

She smiled at me , and puckered her lips

"Gimme a kiss"

I happily obeyed and kissed her softly.

"When do you finish with today's work?"

"No idea. But I think I might be working late. We have new buyers from Russia and Spain that wants in on some of our deals so we're having meetings back to back"

"Sounds boring. Are you free for lunch? I wanna bother you"

"You're more than welcome to come bother me at lunch time" I smirked and kissed her again

"Okay , I need to go now. the guys will have my head"

"I'll see ya later babe. Say bye to Bella"

I rolled my eyes and rubbed Bella's head then kissed Kari again.

*******************************************************

KARI'S POV

I watched him walk out and let out a content sigh , falling back on my pillow.

For another 2 hours , Bella and I slept soundly.

I groaned when I heard yelling come from downstairs and patted the bed to show Bella that she needs to get down.

She stepped off me and laid down on the bed , falling asleep again. I laughed and walked out , pulling on Matt's shirt and my fluffy pink slippers.

"What's with all the ruckus?" I asked loudly when I saw three men I've never seen before along with Matt ; Zack ; Jimmy ; Brian and Johnny..

"Did we wake you baby?" Matt asked , I saw his eyes turn from anger to love upon seeing me.

"Yeah." I said and smiled when he walked up to me hugging me and kissing me behind my ear.

"Sorry"

"Oh Shads introduce us to your newest whore man.." the one man said making me gasp.

I felt Matt stiffen and he was on his way to cause some serious harm to the guy when Jimmy punched him hard.

"Think before you fucking speak" Jimmy growled , "she's anything but a fucking whore , you fucking cunt"

I smiled softly at Jimmy and he returned it. He walked over to me and threw his arm around me , leading me away from the perverted men and my boys.

"Who was that?" I asked as soon as we reached the garden. We sat down with our feet in the pool.

"A new gang. Wants to join the Mob. Jose don't like 'em , he asked Matt to choose. I guess after that comment they won't be joining the Mob"

I giggled and laid my head on the tall man's shoulder.

"do you have any more hot friends?" he suddenly blurted out making me gape at him.

"Uh , well yeah but they're all taken... oh wait! There's a girl at work , she's really nice and she's single."

"Well I'm dropping you off tomorrow at work"

I laughed and glanced behind me when I heard the sliding door open. It was Johnny and Zacky along with the four dogs.

"Ahh hello babies!" I squealed and received four different tongues licking my face before they all went to play.

Rubbing my face with Matt's shirt , I giggled when I saw the horrific looks of the boys.

"Eeeuw gross! You let us kiss that cheek" Zacky said taking water from the pool and rubbed it all over my cheek.

"Oh drama queen. It's babies"

Johnny laughed , "you okay after that comment?"

"Oh I'm fine. It doesn't bother me."

"Well it's bothering Shads and Gates" Zacky said , "they're in there punching the fucker. His friends ain't even helping"

"They shouldn't" I said , "he didn't know"

"Well he shouldn't assume."

I laughed and decided to end the topic.

The sliding door opened again and I watched Matt and Brian sat down.

"Well it's safe to say that Primus isn't joining the mob" Matt commented casting a glance towards me

"You okay , baby?"

"I'm fine. It's not that big of a deal"

"Did you tell Jose yet?" Jimmy asked

"No" Matt said , "we should probably go back to work"

They guys stood up , and Matt pecked me softly and then they walked back in. I sigh and pouted , and decided impulsively to go for a run with the 4 puppies.

"Where do you think you're going?" my husband asked me as I passed his office with my exercise clothes.

"Going for a run with the babies"

"Babe you can't... you were shot..."

"A long time ago. I need exercise."

"Okay , just please take a guard with ya"

"What guard would want to go for a run , Matt?"

"Niles" Matt said , "he's an athlete. Please , please take him"

"Fine but you're asking him"

Matt nodded and kissed my cheek.

After a while Matt and Niles returned and he told me that he's ready whenever I am.

I gave Matt a kiss and then hooked the puppies to leashes and we ran off.

We jogged for like 4 blocks and the puppies have yet to lose their energy.

"You wanna go for another block?"

Niles nodded , "sure ma'am."

"You don't have to call me ma'am. I'm Kari"

"I don't think Mr Shadows will like that ma'am"

"Oh please. Who cares" I said and laughed , "I hate being called ma'am. It makes me sound so old"

Niles laughed softly , "well let's jog. The puppies are getting restless"

I chuckled and we jogged for one more block before going back home.

When I returned home , I quickly took a shower and dressed in a light blue summer dress with sandals. I let my hair dry naturally knowing it was bound to curl.

After applying makeup I went back downstairs and made myself some breakfast.

I decided on some flapjacks with nutella knowing husband would be jealous since he's crazy about nutella.

I decided to be nice and make breakfast for all the guys.

"Ooooh chocolate chip flapjacks! Oooooh nutella!!" Brian hopped into the kitchen planting a big kiss on my forehead.

I giggled , "yeah I'm spoiling you all.. Don't you have work?"

"I'm looking at it"

"I'm your work?"

"Yup" he said putting a spoon filled with nutella in his mouth.

"Do I need to kill Matt? I asked after slapping his hand away. Brian laughed and shook his head

"Nah.. There's some creeps lurking in the background trying to demolish us so Matt's keeping you safe."

"Oh" I scrunched up my nose , "well then you're gonna have to learn how to enjoy the mall."

"What? why?"

"My friend Cindy from work and I are going to the mall this afternoon. we're going mani's and pedi's and shopping"

He grunted and nodded , "now I'm gonna kill Matt"

I laughed , "ah don't worry. I'll buy you lunch"

Brian smirked and helped me toast some bread before he went to Matt's office.

"Hey fuckers! Kari made breakfast. Move your asses"

I giggled at his demand and quickly set the table.

"Breakfast!! My second favorite 'B' word" Zacky screamed when he walked in.

"What's your favorite.... Oh no never mind" I shudder.

Z laughed and hugged me sideways

Matt walked in and instantly walked over to me kissing me softly , "You okay with Bri as a bodyguard?"

"Oh I'm good. He's getting a manicure with Cindy and I"

Matt laughed and then scratched the back of his neck nervously , "he's going to work tomorrow with you"

"What?"

"I promised you I'm keeping you safe. So let me do this please baby? He won't bother you , he'll keep his distance"

I sigh and nodded , kissing Matt on his lips , "fine"

"Thanks beautiful."

Matt wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Can we eat?" Johnny whined , "I'm hungry"

"Yeah let's" I said and walked forward. Matt's arms stayed wrapped around my waist so the walk was really uncomfortable.

"Matty" I said giggling.

"I'm not letting go"

"And what will we do when we want to sit?"

"There's too many "W's" in that sentence"

I chuckled and kissed his lips softly , removing his arms making him pout.

"Oh this is yummy" Jimmy said , his mouth covered with chocolate.

"Jim man , clean that thing you call a face" Matt said

Jimmy cleaned his face. "Kari , scold him. He was being mean to me"

"Matt! Don't be mean to Jimmy"

Matt rolled his eyes , "get my woman to scold me. Ba-a-a-ad move Sullivan. Bad move"

Jimmy flipped him off with a cheesy grin on his face.

"So Kara , what are you and the lovely Miss Gates doing today?" Zacky asked with a shit-eating grin making me giggle.

Brian glared at Zacky , "oh we're getting manicures" I said happily.

"Aww Brianna , you will look so pwetty" Johnny said

"Shut up short shit. At least I don't have to face Matt's ugly face the whole day. I'm with the beautiful Sanders"

Matt smirked sarcastically , and then glared , "at least I have a girl that thinks I'm sexy."

"Hmm fuck off snotty" Zacky said smirking.

"They're so mean to me baby. Make 'em stop"

I giggled and kissed his dimple "I like your face Matty"

"See?" Matt said pointing towards me , "she likes my face"

"She's married to you therefore she's obligated to say it"

I laughed and finished my bread , finally getting to start with my flapjacks.

"God Kari! We're finished" Brian said looking shocked when he saw my full plate.

"I'm not bulldozers like you" I pouted

"Well baby , I'm sorry to do this but we have to get back to work"

"Aww" I pouted "you guys can go. I'm gonna eat my flapjacks at the TV"

"You sure?" Matt asked me

"Positive. Go"

He kissed my lips and then they all thanked me for the food before leaving. I sat down on the sofa as soon as I reached the living room and switched on the TV.

I decided to watch some 'Friends'

I was in the middle Rachel and Ross's breakup when there was a knock on the door. I knew it was safe to answer since security won't let anyone through that's not affiliated with the Mob or something personal.

I opened the door to find two men standing there , smiling slightly at me.

"Mrs Karina Sanders?"

"Yeah"

"I'm Jeffrey and this is Ben , we want to speak to your husband. Is he here?"

"Yeah I'll get him."

They nodded and I whispered to Tony , one of Matt's men , to keep an eye on them. He obeyed me and I went to go get Matt.

I knocked on the door to find all 5 guys in Matt's office.

"Matt? There's 2 men at the door. Uh Jeffrey and...."

"Ben?" Matt asked

"Yeah"

"Okay , thanks baby doll." he walked out of the office and I sat down on his chair.

"Ah look I'm so grand"

The guys laughed at me and Zacky skipped over to me sitting down on my lap.

"Oooh , Baker you're fat!"

"Geeez , that's not very nice female Shadows"

"Female Shadows? Really man?" Brian asked cocking an eyebrow

"Well... she's maybe a lot sweeter than real Shadows but she's still married to him"

"Hey don't talk foul to my hubby bubbly"

They all laughed and suddenly Matt walked in with the two men from earlier. He smirked at me and Zack.

"Uh Vengeance get off my woman"

Zacky saluted him and kissed my cheek before hopping off my lap.

Matt walked over to me and whispered ; "can you give us a minute? I'm sorry baby doll"

I nodded and kissed his lips before walking out.

The guys except Brian followed.

************************************************************************
MATT'S POV

"she's beautiful Shads" Jeffrey asked smiling

"I know.." I agreed and changed the subject , I was bothered that these two thought Kari was beautiful.

"So what do you want?" I asked them

"Way to cut to the chase man" Ben joked.

I glared "answer me I don't have all day"

"We need to be filled in on all the meetings you have with the Russians"

"Why?" Brian asked

Brian is my right hand man and is always prepared to help me with anything therefore I asked him to protect Kari today and tomorrow.

I know anyone from the Mob will do it , but her and Brian always had a very special bond and I knew she won't be mad at me.

"We're CIA Shads , we're allowed to"

"No fuck this , Jose would have told me. You're fucking scheming and I don't fucking like it" I sneered

"We're not scheming , we are CIA"

"I know that! I fucking let security search you. I'm talking about knowing every meeting I have with the Russians"

"They're your enemies"

"No they fucking are not!" is screamed , "they helped me protect Kari. I'm not ratting them out to fucking opportunists!!"

Ben stood up , signalling to Jeffrey to join him.

"You win for now Shadows" he smirked , "but soon you'll obey us."

"What makes you so sure?"

"You'll see. Time is running out"

What the fuck does that mean?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is long boring chapter but the characters introduced are GONNA come back , and that will bring some action and drama.

So what do you guys think of Cindy? Do you think she and Jimmy will be perfect together?

When do you think is the appropriate time for Kari & Matt to finally fall pregnant??

enjoy & comment.

That's an order .. haha joking

But seriously , comment please. It makes updating so much better for me :)

Much love

Nadia