Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 44

"Honey , I'm home!"

Kari was back home from her second day at work , and I couldn't be more happier.

I smiled and stood up , walking over to the kitchen where she would probably be. Brian passed me with a slap on the shoulder and a smirk.

"Baby" I sang back and kissed her

"How was work?" I asked her as soon as we sat down on the living room couch. I pulled her up on my lap and buried my head in her neck.

"Hmm , good. It's actually nice with Brian around. Someone keeps me company"

I smiled softly and nodded , "you draw something today?"

"Yeah. and there's a big display coming up and my paintings are coming up."

"Oh? Wow baby I'm proud." I gave her a kiss on the lips

"Cindy and Jimmy's date is tonight. Cindy wants me to help her get ready"

I smiled , "How about you and I go on a date tonight? Maybe catch a movie , and then go to dinner"

"Hmm sounds great" she whispered and kissed me softly.

I sigh , feeling content with her on my lap , this relaxing atmosphere around us made me feel calmer than I was before.

This morning , when I was up and in my office Zacky called me to the surveillance room and showed me some fucked up footage of the CIA guys busting into some of the minor Mob gang's house and killed each and everyone living in the house and then burned the house to get rid of their tracks.

"You okay baby?" Kari asked massaging my shoulders , "You're so stiff"

"Yeah , work related stuff. But , I could use some relaxing time , you know ... naked relaxing time"

Kari giggled , but when she opened her mouth to reply a frantic Johnny yelling at me to come to the surveillance room.

Sighing , I closed my eyes tightly and buried my face in her neck.

"Take a rain check?" she asked , smirking at my distraught face.

"Please" I kissed her , "I'll talk to you later"

I walked upstairs to the room and opened the door with my password.

"What's up?"

"They're targeting bigger gangs now man. They trashed Pantera , and Black Sabbath"

"Fuck!" I screamed , "what does Jose say?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Zacky asked , "he's calling on the big screen"

"Hey Matt , guess you heard"

I nodded , "yeah , what the fuck are we gonna do man?"

"Catch them. I'm coming over tomorrow. We'll kill them."

I nodded , "Why are they after us?"

"Here's a rat inside the Mob , told them secrets of Mike Panagois , two leaders before me. Wife disappeared under suspicious circumstances , never found a body. He was the main suspect but we covered it up by sending an innocent one to prison. If they find out , it could mean the end of the Mob Matt"

"Fuck.. Okay , where is Panagois?"

"Retired. Miami. I'm flying there after we get more evidence."

"Did any of Pantera's men died?"

"Nah , but they're seeking revenge."

"Why are they targeting minor gangs?"

"Don't know , probably building up to target the bigger later"

"Okay , thanks man. Talk later"

"Goodluck"

He hung up and I looked at my men. "What the fuck are we gonna do Matt?"

"I honestly have no clue. We'll be on their ass , make sure we find them and kill them after getting back the information"

"Easier said than done"

***********

I was sitting in my office trying to figure out a way to keep the information from coming out by doing background checks on each of them when Kari walked in.

It's been 4 hours since I've seen her since I've been working my ass off.

"Knock , knock"

I smiled and walked over to her meeting her halfway.

"You okay?"

"Yeah the case from earlier just got bigger. Where are you going?"

I noticed her purse and car keys in her hands

"Grocery shopping. the fridge is empty"

"Take Brian with you"

"Matt"

"Please"

"Fine" she sigh , "I trust you're doing it for safety and not because you want to be dominant"

"You're right about that."

She kissed my lips , "where is he?"

"In his office"

"okay"

"Hey , hey , hey" I said before she could walk out of my office.

"What?"

"Kiss first"

Giggling she leaned down and kissed my lips softly.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

She walked out of my office blowing me a kiss when she reached the door. I chuckled and let her close my door.

After a while I heard the front door close followed by Brian's laughing , and a few giggles from Kari making me smile knowing they left.

Jimmy and Cindy was well on their date already.

They're going to the theme park , and then they're gonna eat dinner on a boat. He's going all out for her. Kari told me that Cindy was nervous when she helped her dress.

*********************

"Are we almost done?" I whined again making Kari sigh and then giggle.

"You're worse than Matt and yes , I am"

"Thank God. And I resent that , he may be tough but he's a puppy when he's with you"

"A very , very big puppy if you know what I mean"

I scrunched my nose , "God thanks for that Kari. I didn't know your sweet mouth had words like that"

She giggled , and we finally finished , walking over to the check out station.

She paid for the stuff and we walked to the car with the trolley full of packages.

I put the packages in the trunk of the car and heard a car screeched behind us but I ignored it , and continued stuffing the packages in.

"Brian" Kari giggled , "be careful there's eggs...." her speech was caught off by a scream coming from her mouth and a car driving away.

"Kari wha... Kari? Kari? Kari!!!!!"

But she was gone

and I let her be taken away from me when I promised I'd keep her safe.

She was gone.