Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 47

They say the best things in life happens when you least expect it.

But also the worst things.

That's what's going on now , when Kari told me she wants to let Tanya go.

"You what?" I asked slowly , my voice laced with utter disbelief and shock.

"She made a mistake , but she regrets it. I want her to live free."

"Why?"

"Because I now knows how it feels to be trapped , and it's not a pleasurable experience. Let her go Matt"

"Fine" I growled , I was anything but happy about this but I decided , for Kari , to hold in my emotions.

"Thank you. I know you're mad at me now but I think it's for the better. She made a mistake but I think she's done with her punishment"

Sighing , I nodded and rested my forehead against hers , "I can't stay mad at you and your way too good heart."

She giggled and kissed me. "Thanks Matty"

"I'll call Alex."

I pecked her again and then walked away , dialing Alex's number.

"Hey Matt"

I sigh , "hey Lex. Look , uhm.. dammit I can't believe I'm about to say it but... I think it's time to cut Tanya loose"

"You're serious?"

Sighing , I said yes and explained to him why.

"Wow.. okay.."

"But can you keep her on a leash? Put a tracker on her?"

He chuckled , "of course. I guess not tell Kari either?"

"No. I'm not looking forward to sleeping on the couch for the rest of my life so she can't know"

"Gotcha. I'll cut her loose. Bye man"

"Bye"

I walked out of my office and back into Kari's awaiting arms.

"He'll do it."

"Thank you"

I nodded and kissed her lips. "I'll do anything for you"

"How's your painting coming?"

Kari didn't have work today but she decided to paint further in the studio I build her when we got the mansion.

"Good. You can see when I'm finished. How's work?"

"Good. Almost done. Wanna do the date I promised you before you were.... kidnapped?"

"yeah. That'll be great. Did you catch the guys that kidnapped me?"

"Not quite. Almost" I whispered and pulled her closer to me , giving her a tongue-included kiss.

"Hmm what was that for?'

"Can't I kiss my wife?"

She giggled , "of course. But then you're not allowed to stop so soon"

I laughed and continued kissing her again happy for her to be back in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 chapters left!