Status: NEW PROFILE - SAME STORY.

Dreaming a Dream

Chapter 48

"So Jimmy and I are really hitting it off" Cindy told me at work , smiling slightly.

"Oh?" I raised my eyebrow , "when are you going on another date?"

"I don't know. We talk the whole time , but he's not yet told me if he wants to go on another one"

"Oh I'm sure he will. Jimmy likes you."

"How's your paintings coming?" she asked

"Ooh absolutely great. I can't wait for the exhibition."

She smiled and then her smile widened when she looked behind me. "well if you'll excuse me"

I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to question when I saw Jimmy and Matt walk in the gallery.

Jimmy waved at me but stayed at Cindy's side , and Matt smiled and walked over to me.

He bent down and kissed me on my lips.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I grabbed his hand and took him into my office.

"Just thought I'd come visit. We caught the CIA dudes , they were dirty agents wanting to be part of the Mob."

"What's gonna happen to them now?"

"They'll be killed" he shrugged as if it's not a big deal.

"Ooookay" I said slowly in utter disbelief.

He laughed , "don't wreck your pretty head about it. I think all troubles are finally over now"

I smiled and kissed him sitting closer to him on the couch.

"How much longer do you have to work today?" he asked with his chin resting on my shoulder.

"An hour tops. My paintings are almost done"

"Well work so we can go home. I wanna spend some time with you"

"Alright bossy" he laughed and kissed me.

I worked for another two hours in the painting section of the gallery and when i returned to my office I saw Matt on my couch , snoring loudly.

Giggling I sat down and tried to wake him up.

"Baby... Baby , wake up" I whispered

He frowned deeply , "I didn't realize I was so tired"

I kissed him softly on his lips , "come on. We're going home , eat some pizza and watch a movie"

"Sounds great baby"

He stood up and took my hand , we found Jimmy and Cindy at the entrance.

"We're going home" I said softly , "Matt needs sleep and my paintings are finished"

Jimmy smiled and nodded , "Cinds and I are coming with you."

We drove back to the mansion , and I told Matt to get dressed in something more comfortable while I ordered pizza.

I made some of my special hot chocolates for each of us and then brought a blanket from the linen closet.

Matt came back and gave me a pouty smile.

"Pizza will be here in 20 minutes."

"What are we watching?"

"I don't know. What do you want to watch?"

"I don't care. I'm gonna sleep anyway"

I laughed and kissed his head , "alright. Stay awake until the pizza comes"

He nodded

I decided on watching the box set of CSI Miami instead of a movie.

The pizza came and we quickly ate and then Matt laid down on my lap. I smiled when he instantly fell asleep and realized that my kidnapping had to be tough on him.

I drank my hot chocolate and continued watching.

Smiling I kissed Matt's head and realized that I'm exactly where I want to be.