Status: Work In Progress

Peekaboo

The Blackhawk VS The Shark

After what felt like a millenium, Jonathan and the dragon finally emerged from the mist, on the other side of the gray blanket. A tall dark palace rose into the air and the Blackhawk captain was instantly reminded of something out a Lord of the Rings movie. It was positioned on its own little island, private and secluded; the perfect spot for an evil lair. It didn’t touch the water, rather was building on the rocky surface of the land, and a boiling river of lava encircled the enchanting, jagged structure. The sight of the place made Jonathan’s stomach turn and he bit his lip in worry. It looked like it would house a villain or two.

“What is this place? Where have you taken me?” Jonathan tried to ask the fairy tale creature.

But his response was answered by the dragon’s talons finally pulling back and dropping him onto a platform. He caught his balance and stared forward. Overhead, the dragon circled, cawing and screeching. He ignored it, as he attempted to gaze into the shadows cast by the palace. He couldn’t see the interior of this building, but he was curious to find out where he was and what was going on.

He stepped forward cautiously, after straightening his cape and outfit out, which had been messed up by the red and white demon animal flying about the sky. He made it to the edge of the platform and the shadow line, which led into the creepy castle. He took a deep breath and stepped into the darkness.

Jonathan was instantly ambushed by a crew of at least four shark-people. Two grabbed his left arm, while the other two grabbed his right arm, holding them backward, behind him. He grunted in distress, attempting to break free, but couldn’t, as he lunged forward and jerked at the tight grips.

He gazed about the room, defeated. He noticed that the whole interior had a medieval look about it. The walls were stone, with cracks and crevices in them. There was a large fireplace, where a fire blazed and in the center of the room, was a huge pile of wood, almost like the beginnings of a bonfire. A long stick rose upward from the depths and it reminded Jonathan of how a witch would be burned at the stack. He hoped that this was not what these sharks had planned for him. He wasn’t a witch that was for sure.

In mid-air, just over the top of the stick, was a big ball of red matter. It looked like an ominous cloud, of space stuff gathered into a single ball. It scared him a little bit. It raged with a crackling noise, that sounded in unison with the flames in the furnace. Every so often, a flash of light would come off. It was like a thunderstorm.

He noticed all of the candles and torches about the room and it added to eeriness. At the far end of the room, was a massive staircase that ran up to a single long platform, that raced from one side to the other. Just past the platform and stairs were four doors. One was open, and a luminous light filtered in, casting the shadow of another staircase on the wall.

Jonathan pulled his vision back and he turned his head to the side. He saw one of the “guards”, who had the lower body of a shark and a human upper body. He was standing on his fins, like a person standing on their tip-toes. In his arm he held a spear, with a sharpened point at the end. He jabbed at the captain with it a few times. “Stop that!”

This fifth guy growled and snapped his jaws, like a shark, at the helpless centerman. His teeth were jagged and looked like the marine animals’. It freaked the Blackhawk out and he craned his neck backward.

“Don’t talk back to me!” He hissed like a snake.

Outside, he heard the roar of the dragon once more and then a thunderous landing. The beast must have finally dropped onto the platform. But Jonathan jerked against the holds once more, giving his escape another college try.

The shark guy threw out his massive, muscular hand and grabbed the leader of Chicago by the chin, pinching it between his index finger and thumb. He halted the forward’s head movement, forcing him to remain still and gaze into the beady black eyes of the henchman, who glowered. “Don’t fight with us, because you will only make things worse for yourself. The more you fight, the more suffering Nemo’s gonna put you through!”

Jonathan gave a sudden toss of his head, pulling away, and turning to the side. The shark man cackled and patted the Blackhawk on the head, before stepping back and addressing his comrades. “Tie him up, gag him, and throw him in the dungeon!”

The other shark people began to obey the command, before a voice halted them. It was loud and booming. “Bartholomew! I commend your enthusiasm and eagerness, but I need him to stick around a little longer, before the fun begins!” the voice sneered from up ahead.

Jonathan gasped, as he saw Antti Niemi emerge from the shadows and walk toward him. He wore an extravagant pitch black robe that reached the ground, as he seemingly glided along the black tiled floor, walking toward the struggling Chicago Blackhawk. It was overtop a long deep pacific teal colored garment with bell sleeves. Underneath this second garment, he wore yet another shirt, this one black with a long, billowing black cape with a pacific teal colored interior. The cape appeared to come from the backs of the shoulder bells. A teal-blue sash was tied around his waist, making him appear skinnier in appearance. He also wore an odd, light colored garment that covered his neck, the back of his head and his chest. The whole outfit gave off a similar style to Jafar, from Aladdin. In fact, in his hand he had a long gold staff, with a shark head on the top, much like the logo for the San Jose Sharks. The eyes of the shark glowed a bright red from a pair of rubies.

He stalked up to Jonathan, smirking sinisterly and knowingly. The Blackhawk gazed upward, his eyebrows slanting upward in a shocked and worried look.

“What is your problem, Niemi? You think that kidnapping me will get you the kingdom!?”

“Oh, I don’t know, Johnny. Seeing as how you are going to “save the kingdom” from destruction, I think kidnapping you was a clever idea and totally called for!”

“You’re not going to get away with it!” He gave off a few sharp jerks, trying to slip free from he holds on his arms, but these shark people had brute strength. He couldn’t imagine anyone getting free from this type of hold.

“I really think I will!” The villain waved his staff about the air, in a threatening motion.

“Kaner is here. He will find me, save me and stop you!”

“Oh ho, is that true?” The San Jose goalie bent down and stuck his face directly in front of Jonathan, who narrowed his eyes, bravely. “Brave, Johnny, I commend your false bravery.”

“Let me go, Niemi!”

“That’s Lord Nemo to you, Blackhawk!”

He put his staff on Jonathan’s shoulder, zapping him with some kind of electricity beam or lightning, that shot from the eyes of the shark top. The centreman screamed in agony, as he felt the bolt race through him, sapping his strength and willpower. He felt himself weaken, as he tried to fight off the foreign power. Ultimately the lightning won, taking his strength away from him. It stopped, as Antti withdrew his staff, spinning it around back to his side. He tapped it twice on the title floor.

Jonathan hung from the arms of the shark people, exhausted. His head remained lowered, gazing down at the floor. He eventually controlled his emotions and heart rate and lifted his head up, slowly. He watched as the evil man spun on his heels and started to walk around him, singing.

"I was once lost, stumbled into a magical world,
But with time, I got use to it, loving it everything about it,
My mind isn't so whirled.
But then I wanted power--"

"Strength," Lord Nemo's guards sang like back-up singers.

"Power--"

"More."

"Over this little kingdom..." Lord Nemo pointed towards the direction of Avondale. "But they kicked me--"

"Out forever."

"--giving--"

"Me no chance."

"But that is not how I play the game." Lord Nemo halted in front of Jonathan. "So it goes like:
One, two, three, one, two, three,
King!" He shoved the Blackhawk a bit.

"One, two, three, one, two, three,
Me!" He shoved him again.

"One, two, three, one, two, three,
Free!" He slapped him across the face, with an open palm that made Jonathan gawk at the man in shock.

“Nemo, stop this!” Jonathan screamed, tugging at the grips once more.

"That’s how it's gonna go...!" Lord Nemo turned around and walked with big steps to balcony, seeing the gloomy view from his palace.

"And I will rise as king,
Of everything.
And I will rule 'cause I'm free..." He began shooting teal lightning bolts from staff into the air. "...Can do anything!
And everybody here will fall to the ground--" He turned around on his heels and struck Jonathan, making him fall on knees with a grunt.

The shark people immediately grabbed him back into their tight holds once more, by his arms, which by now were completely numb and limp. He didn’t dare fight back, as they forced him to his feet once more. Instead, he just shouted, “Let me go!”

"--Full of fear,
'Cause I will rise as king,
King me!!!" He walked back into castle.

“No more chances--" Lord Nemo pointed towards the dungeon's direction, signaling to his guards to bring the Blackhawk centre over there; the guards obeyed him and began luring Jonathan to that direction. The poor man fought with them once more, but all he managed to do, was tire himself out even more. His upper body screamed at him with all the effort he was putting in.

The San Jose goalie followed behind them, still singing, "I will destroy everything they planned!"

They walked up the staircase at the back and through the farthest door of the set. As soon as they walked through, the Blackhawk found himself inside of the dungeon. which was a gray, dim room with cells on both sides.

The villainous miscreant continued in his glorious song, "Even the hero, they think he can--"

The guards swung open the cell door, made of wood, with a tiny square at the top with black metal bars and they thrust Jonathan into it. Before he could make a move, they swarmed him, beginning to lock him up with chains. His ankles were restrained by two clamps, which he tried to kick off, but couldn’t. It only made him more frustrated. His arms were once again snatched up by the henchmen and two clamps were attached to his wrists.

Lord Nemo still continued to sing, while seeing his guards at work, "--Save the world, I can do anything, do anything, do anything, do anything..."

The marine guards withdrew and walked out of the cell. They gathered behind their master, as he held his head high, looking down at his prisoner, who was slumped on the ground with chains around with wrists and ankles, helpless to move and do anything.

"Have fun." And he walked out of the room with his guards. He slammed the door on the Blackhawk, who flinched at the thunderous noise that followed. He heard a fading laughter, follow the group. Though he couldn’t see them, he could tell that they were enjoying this.

Jonathan looked down at the damp, cold stone floor thought about how he could get himself out of this predicament. His only hope was his teammates, back in Avondale, who were probably scared senseless.

No, Patrick Kane was his only hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I think that this is going to be a weekend piece. We will update this every saturday and sunday, giving two chapters at a time. This way, it will be easier to handle.
And because I am getting a buttload of ideas. I am going to start yet another story for Reilly Smith, because he's so awkward and adorable. (I think I like awkward hockey players...)
Anyway, so here is the last update for this weekend. Next chapter is the start of the quest finally, we promise and it will be up Saturday evening!!
For now wallow in the sorrow of our beloved Blackhawk captain, who is bound in chains...Poor Johnny!! :((((
(Also, I couldn't stop thinking about Shrek and Lord of the Rings with this chapter, probably because of the Dragon character involved, so I credit those movies for the inspiration for Nemo's lair!)