Status: I will try my best to also follow the shows story but I also like going my own path as well. I do hope you enjoy and I would love feedback. Maybe even feedback on the title because I'll be honest. Nothing came to mind at the moment ^^

The CEO's Assistant

Chapter Four: The Young Kaiba

As the day went on, Kiandra was about to lose her sanity. She brought coffee and breakfast back for Kaiba and Marilynn but had to run back out for the rest of the things on her list. Thankfully, Kaiba had her take one of those Lincoln Town cars with its own driver, that way she’d be able to do more.

Yet the day was rough still. Finally the last thing on her list, it was around 2:30pm now and she wasn’t actually sure when her shift ended which she didn’t mind. More money in her pocket and more time to finish those documents and emails.

She looked at the list of chores she had done. Everything crossed out except for one at the bottom.

“I don’t think I got the chance to see what that was” She thought out loud. ‘Pick up Mokuba from school’. The name sounded familiar and then it dawned on her as she slapped her forehead with her palm. “Of course! Kaiba’s little brother. I wonder how he’s like. Oh I sure do hope he’s not a handful” She groaned. There goes the groaning again.

The limo pulled up in front of a school that looked rather expensive. That’s when Kiandra noticed the black haired boy running out towards the limo with the most excited smile. “Big brother!” He shouted but his smile dropped the moment he saw her.

She was stunned at first but her heart slightly broke by the disappointment in his eyes. “I-I’m sorry. Your brother couldn’t make it so I guess you have to settle for me” She laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head.

Mokuba had a small smile appear on his cute face as he settled into the car. “That’s fine. At least it’s not Marilynn, I don’t like her” He spoke. The car pulled away from the curb and cruised off. “Oh I see. By the way, my name is Kiandra Heart. I am Mr. Kaiba’s new assistant…well more like second but it’s something” She started, hoping that silence wouldn’t fall awkwardly between them.

The boy’s head turned toward her with a wide smile, “Really? That’s good. I’m glad he chose someone nice to be with. I can already tell you are nothing like Marilynn”. Smart kid. Kiandra let out a sigh of relief but Mokuba had heard it and started to laugh.

“You thought I wouldn’t like you huh?” He stifled another laugh, “Uh…w-well yeah. I’m new to the city and all, I would be disappointed if I had someone hate me already”. “You’re new to the city too? When did you move here and from where?” Curious kid he was too.

“I moved here with my best friend Lucinda about a week ago at least. We felt we would do better here than the states. We lived in California. Which she loved it there but I honestly hated it. When she heard I wanted to move she said she would come with and we would make it to our dreams together” Kiandra blushed softly.

She felt she really could open up to Mokuba and she wasn’t use to that. Usually she was quiet and kept to herself unless she really needed to speak up. The only other person she ever could be herself with was Lucinda.

Mokuba started to ask all sorts of questions about California and about her best friend. Their conversation kept going until the car had pulled up in front of a mansion. “Aw” Mokuba pouted. “This is where you live?” She felt stupid asking but couldn’t help it. Mokuba nodded, “Yeah and I’m sure you have to go back to work”. Kiandra bit her lip and nodded as well. “You aren’t home alone are you?” She asked worriedly. She had a soft spot for him now.

He shook his head but shrugged, “Naw, we have maids and a couple butlers but it’s not like they really hang out with me or anything”. She shifted in her seat, finding the words she can say to make him smile. “You know, maybe Mr. Kaiba will have me pick you up again. I mean it’s up to him but if he does I’ll tell you more stories about my wild adventures in California”. His eyes had lit up like a spark, “Really? You would?” She simply nodded as she was suddenly tackled with a hug, “Thank you Kiandra! You’re the best. See you later then!” With that he jumped out of the car with an extra skip in his step.

Kiandra had made it back to the office at a decent time as she plopped herself down back in her office chair. She let out an exhausted sigh as she caught the attention of Marilynn who was finally sitting at her own desk, typing away. “About time you got back, you need to be a bit faster at those errands if you want to make it here” she sneered. Kiandra softly growled some colorful words as she grabbed her documents. “Too late for those” Marilynn interrupted, “Your shift is over, and I guess you failed to get it done”.

Kiandra didn’t let it affect her. Instead she stood up calmly, clocked out at a small machine next to the elevator and walked back to her desk to continue what she was doing. Marilynn had the most dumbfounded look on her face, “What are you doing?” “I’m working, I’ll finish my work even if I’m not getting paid”. She didn’t know how to respond to this but she huffed as if defeated.

It felt like this night would drag on to no end.