Status: Active <3

Trouble

Emotion

“Nate, stop, I’m meeting Ashley in fifteen minutes” I laughed as Nathan kissed my shoulder.
“You are cute” Nathan announced.
“Thanks” I said, rolling my eyes and sliding away from him.
“Do you have to go out with Ashley?” Nathan demanded, frowning.
“Yes, I made plans with her, and since I found out about the baby I haven’t hung out with her much” I sighed.
“But is it necessarily necessary?” Nathan asked.
I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed my bag “I’ll be back later, it’s just lunch” I pointed out.
“I know it’s just lunch, but Ashley talks for hours” Nathan groaned.
“I’ll make sure she doesn’t, I’ll be home by three” I said.
“That’s still a long time” Nathan complained.
“I have to do something on the way back” I said.
“What?” Nathan asked.
“Just, something, don’t freak out” I sighed.
“Ok” Nathan sighed.
“Love you” I said as I grabbed my phone.
“You’re mean” Nathan called out as I walked to the door, I laughed, shutting it.
My face fell as soon as the door was shut, I clutched the handle.
I had been holding onto pain in my stomach since I woke up, I didn’t want to worry Nathan, so I pretended I had plans with Ashley.
I hobbled to the car and drove to the hospital, instantly going to emergency, glad I spotted people I knew, who saw me instantly.
Lilly was one of them.
“When did the pain start?” Lilly asked.
“This morning, it started when I woke up” I gasped, the pain was getting worse.
“And it’s sharp?” Lilly said, she was checking off the list.
“Lil, it’s sharp, it’s stabbing, it’s causing me to feel sick, my head is spinning, yes to all the questions” I breathed.
“Ok, relax, James will be in in a sec, he’s on call today, I’ll get him” Lilly sighed.
She took off and a few painstaking minutes later, James came in.
He was pulling the ultrasound machine along.
“Do you think it might be the baby?” I asked, my voice cracking slightly.
“I don’t know, we have to check though” James sighed “have you felt the baby moving at all?” he asked.
My face instantly changed, I hadn’t noticed, and instantly I was in fear, usually this type of pain meant the baby was lodged, and that almost always meant it was no longer breathing.
“I, I don’t know” I whispered.
“Ok, we will check” James said.
“Where’s Nathan, shouldn’t he be here? Or Mark? Do you want us to call one of….” Lilly began.
“No” I said quickly, shaking my head “No” I whispered.
“Sim, you need support right now” Lilly commented.
“I just want to know what’s wrong first” I breathed.
James got the machine ready, he hooked it up and began the ultrasound.
“Everything looks fine” He said slowly, he then moved it down slightly “How long have you had the pain?” he asked, frowning.
“Since I woke up” I breathed.
“Ok, any bleeding?” James asked.
“No” I breathed.
“It looks as though there’s a collection of mass just below the ovaries, it’s not near the baby, but there is a complication” James sighed.
“What type of complication?” I demanded.
“This mass needs to be removed, but it’s a risk to the baby” James said.
“So we can wait till after the baby is born” I frowned.
“In that case, it’s a risk to you, you might not survive the birth, if the mass ruptures…” James said.
“So either way it’s a risk” I breathed.
James nodded.
“You should call Nathan” Lilly piped in.
“Why?” I demanded.
“You can’t make this decision on your own” Lilly breathed.
“I’ll go home” I sighed.
“You can take some medication, ease the pain” James said.
“Ok” I breathed.

“You had a long brunch” Nathan commented as I placed my bag on the counter.
I closed my eyes “I wasn’t at brunch” I breathed.
“Oh, where were you?” Nathan asked.
“I was at the hospital” I sighed.
“Why?” Nathan frowned.
“I had pain in my stomach, really bad pain” I sighed.
“You should have told me, I would have come with you to the hospital” Nathan frowned.
“I know, but I didn’t need you to, I made it there” I shrugged.
Nathan let out a breath “Right” he breathed.
“What’s that suppose to mean?” I demanded.
“You say I’m apart of this pregnancy, yet you’re pushing me away” Nathan frowned.
“I’m not pushing anyone away” I breathed.
“Clearly” Nathan sighed.
“Do you think I like this situation? Do you think I’m happy how this has happened? Nathan, I didn’t tell you because I knew, I knew that if I lost this baby, a part of you would be happy” I whispered.
Nathan frowned “I would never wish that on you, not again” He breathed.
“I know, But if I lost the baby, you can’t tell me you wouldn’t be relieved” I sounded.
“Maybe for a millisecond, but I would never for one second be happy that you lost another baby” Nathan breathed.
“You’ll think differently once I tell you what the doctor said” I breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be appreciated :P

<3