Status: Four-shot

Redemption

3

Emily stirred first taking in her surroundings of what looked to be a burned out warehouse. The floor stood thick in ash and debris and the walls had significate fire damage. As she attempted to move she found her arms were bound above her head with a thick chain her feet barely touching the floor. As her eyes adjusted to the dimly lit room she noticed Happy was merely inches from her, currently unconscious, but bound the same as she was. Tears spilled from her eyes as she pulled harder on her binding. The chain rattling slightly the cold metal dug fiercely into her skin but never budged. Her struggle did arouse Happy from his slumber.

Blinking furiously his eyes landed on Emily’s form and immediately moved to help her. Once finding his own restraints he began to pull and thrash about.

“Its no use.” Emily whispered meekly. “They’re too thick.”

The softness and hopelessness in her voice scarred the shit of him, never had he heard his girl sound this broken only when she talked of her dead father, John. “Have they done anything? They touch you?”

She shook her head and sniffed softly “No but my side hurts like a bitch. Not too deep it finally stopped bleeding.”

“I’m going to get you out of this Em.” He swore looking at her seriously. Her blue eyes looked up at him so lovingly; filling with tears she nodded giving a soft nod. “I know you will.”

Laughter came from the right of them as their captors approached each drinking a beer. The leader’s eyes gleamed seeing the two awake as the other four sat around on shipping crates.

“Well lovebirds how we doing tonight?”

“Let her go.” Happy demanded staring at the man. Emily gave happy a disbelieving look, she wasn’t going anywhere without him. “Your beefs with the Sons, she has nothing to do with this.”

“Well I can’t just let her go” the man chuckled, the rest of the men laughing as well. “She’s seen too much.”

“And you know what I just realized Preach?” a short bald Hispanic man said stepping forward and directing his beer bottle to Emily. “I’ld bet my Harley she’s Clay Morrow’s stepdaughter. Looks just like her.”

“Oh” the man named Preach mused dragging a finger down Emily’s side, Emily twitched away in response “That changes things, makes them a bit more interesting.”

“Get your hands off her you son of a bitch!”

“Ah ah ah” Preach tisked shaking his finger “We got to teach this one some manners. Joey..”

A taller man with a thick build came forward and threw multiple heavy punches into Happy’s defenseless side. Emily cried for them to stop, tears beginning to fall before Preach gave the signal for Joey to stop, Happy’s body hanging loosely as he inhaled sharply and deeply. She soon realized what seemed to be the only way to save Happy and possibly herself. Emily could care less about herself, but Happy he was growing to be a vital member of the club, the club her father had built from the foundation up and Hap was her entire world. She wouldn’t be able to live without him.

“I am Clay Morrow’s step daughter. John Teller was my father.” She swallowed thick her eyes trained on Preach her voice strong and clear though he insides were shaking violently. “Any beef you have against the Sons your message will be a million times clearer if you take it out on me. Just leave him alone.”

“Mmm a rational girl, I like it.” Preach breathed currently standing behind Emily pressed flush against her. “And baby I had no intention of just leaving you alone but now I think it will be more fun to have your ole man watch, make sure he can get that message back to SAMCRO of what the Jackals are willing to do to get their point across.”

Happy became irate thrashing from his chains and screaming obscenities. Even managing to pull his weight up by the chain and land a kick in Preach’s face, stepping back Preach wiped at the blood that trickled from his mouth.

“You’re gonna pay for that" he spat "and so will she.”

This time thee men beat at Happy each throwing hard punches and kicks to his exposed abdomen before gagging him with an old bandana. Happy's frame hung limp from the restraints as his chest rose and fell with jagged breaths.

Emily clenched her eyes tightly together as she felt Preach’s hands began to explore her frame roughly. Her jacket had been removed while she was unconscious leaving her in her grey cotton v-neck and jeans. His hands slid down her sides appreciatively before reaching around to cup her breasts. He groaned deeply in her ear and Emily shuddered away. Preach ordered two men to come forth and each grabbed one of Emily’s legs suspending her body midair.

Happy’s black eyes were ablaze with a light that made the gates of hell look icy cold. His movements this time stiffer and more painful he fought against his restraints bellowed into the cloth as the two men cut the denim away from Emily’s form. Their knives slid through the fabric revealing Emily's long toned legs and finally her black lace boy shorts.

Knowing the outcome of what was to come Emily met Happy’s eyes and mouthed an ‘I love you’ before clenching her eyes shut as the assault began. Her underwear were torn away from her and her hell began. One by one the men stepped forward and had their way with her body. They groped, slapped, and pinched at her flesh leaving angry bruises and welts. Their hips slamming roughly into her frame as they violated her taking her dignity away with each thrust. Each one would take his turn and have his fill before changing out men again as a new man took his position and another moved to hold Emily’s leg.

Preach laughed from the corner where he sat enjoying a beer seeming to relish in the sounds of Happy’s muffled desperate cries the chains wailing at his pulling and crashing, Emily’s silent tears and whimpers and his men’s groans of pleasure and cheers of vile comments.

Finally his men seeming satisfied Preacher took his turn making sure to groan louder than the rest, loving how Happy flinched every time he did so. He was rougher than the rest had been as well intentionally yanking Emily’s curls back in a painful contortion of her back only to punch her jaw throwing her back into her original position. After the leader’s pleasure was spent he ordered for Emily to be dropped. By now Happy’s eyes gleaming with tears.

Only left clad in her lacey bra Emily fell to the ground her form shaking from the assault and blood caking her inner thighs as body fluid ran down her raw flesh like a river. Her wrists were cuffed in thick bloody gouges, the tips of her fingers a dark blue. Whimpers fell from her lips softly the sound alone feeling like white hot razors slashing through Happy’s heart as he pulled against the chains in an attempt to be near her. Two men dragged her further away to a more open area. All energy seeming drained from her body her heels drug behind them trailing through the black ash as Preach stepped forward and rested a hand on Happy’s shoulder who threw it off and emitted a growl from behind the oral restraint.

“I can see why you like her man” he said flicking the ash of his cigarette aside along with the smoke “she’s good and sweet. Awfully tight, though I’m not so sure how much now.”

The statement lit a fire back in the bound man’s gut and he lunged at the leader, who stepped back easily avoiding any altercation as he chuckled taking another hit from his cigarette and tuned to the woman. Emily’s shaking hadn’t ceased as Preach flicked the cigarette at her. The lit end landed on her bare shoulder and she flinched away from the burn with a whimper.

Taking a handful of her curls Preach pulled her to her shaking knees before caressing her face tenderly.

“Such a shame to have to bruise such a pretty face.” He murmured. “But you ain’t worth much now. Not many men want a used up whore for an Ole lady so I’m going to make it easier for your ole man I beat the hell out of you so he aint got nothing pretty to look at it anymore he’s going to throw you to the side like a used rubber. Like the pathetic whore you are.”

A heart wrenching cry escaped her lips as Preach’s hand landed on her temple knocking her to the ground. Happy hung limp from his restraints watching helplessly as the rest of the men joined in like a band of wild dogs. Emily’s movements had ceased and the hands she held up to shield her head had fallen limply to the floor. Happy’s feared the worst. She couldn’t be dead.

As the men cleared he could see her grey eyes through the thin slits of her eyelids. She blinked slowly as again the men pulled her upright and restrained her arms holding her up. Her head lolled to the side. Happy noticed Preach had removed his belt a sadistic smile playing on his face.

“Ya like to play rough games, huh beautiful?” He inquired brushing the leather along her flesh. “We’ll play.”

The sick crack of the braided leather on flesh followed by Emily’s scream was sickening. At every lash Emily’s spine arched away from the pain and her head fell back tears clearing a clean path down her dirty face. The sick cracks echoed through the room one after another before Emily’s knees finally gave way and she fell forward her back a bleeding mess, lashes running every way up and down her back. Tossing the belt to the side Preach smiled mockingly down at her kneeling to her level.

“Its almost over sweetheart.” He whispered compassionately dragged the edge of the finger down her face.

He kneeled down on one knee and pulled Emily back up to lean against his other knee. She hissed as her back stretched pulling at the torn meat. Preach steadied her bloody bruised form and ran his hands up and down her arms as if to warm her skin.

“Oh there it is” Preach exclaimed his fingertips grazing the crow that was inked into her lower chest. Its wings spread out to her ribs as if carrying her breasts on its feathers. Its head position perfectly in the middle. “Was staring to think you hadn’t marked her, yet.”

Preach began to trace the outline of the shaded wings seeming to appreciate the talent of the needlework, before clicking his tongue in distaste.

“Such a shame..” he whispered again before producing a pocket knife from his back pocket and opening it. He ran the knife harshly across Emily’s flat stomach blood seeping out and onto the floor. Her strangled cry mangled and fading Preach continued running the blade of the knife in various areas of her skin. Emily squirmed weakly in an attempt to fight off the man her survival instinct kicking in full speed and her body thrashing to escape. Preach straddled her, his knees holding her arms down and before looking over to Happy a wink.

“you’re going to love this.”

Before driving the knife into the inked skin Emily released another scream her body jolting upward as Happy released a similar scream into the cloth. Preach continued to stab into the skin destroying the beautiful ink, his movements rapid and precise before he stopped breathing heavily as he evaluated his work. The skin that once acted as the canvas to the beautiful artwork was mangled and tattered blood smoothing what little ink was left. Emily’s body seemed to relax as Preach stood and gave a sniff before discarding the knife to his left and removing the leather gloves he had been wearing since the beating.

“Cut him down. Maybe letting him see her die close up and personal will ensure he delivers that message loud and clear.”

Happy was released from his restraints and he fell to the concrete landing on his knees and palms, his left shoulder giving way to his weight. He crawled to his Ole lady’s side and looked her over.

There was blood, so much blood. Her body resumed its uncontrollable shaking and Happy shrugged out of his cut and draped it across her to hide her battered body and holding her torn tshirt to her frayed chest The Jackals left the warehouse without another word.

“Hap..” she whispered, even the white of her teeth were stained pink as her mouth bled as well.

“I’m sorry Emily. I’m so sorry.”

“Hap” she whispered eyes tearing up. "Don't let me go p-please don't." She reached for him desperate to feel his warmth. He pulled her into his lap despite the pain from his shoulder and side.

“I don’t know what to do here Em. Tell me what to do.” His voice was hoarse and thick with tears as it broke slightly. His hands covered in her blood as he held her face her eyes never left his as she lifted her hand to touch his.

“Its going to be ok. You’re going to be ok.” She confirmed her voice dangerously soft.

“What about you? Angel theres..” Happy choked “theres so much blood.”

Emily gave him a delicate, fragile smile “You tell me one person who makes it out of this world alive? Atleast I can say I went out for the things I love; you, the club…Just promise me something?" She swallowed her words coming out thick. "Be happy do things that make you smile…”

“No Emily don’t do this to me! Christ…” Happy knew they had taken his phone and he wasn’t about to leave Emily alone to go find one when more than likely she would fade away while he was gone. He looked up franticly "HELP! SOMEBODY HELP GOD DAMN IT SOMEBODY!"

“I love you Hap.”

“No, no Em…” he shook his head tears flowing down his tanned cheeks.

“Please” she begged her voice reaching an inaudible volume “Tell me.”

“I love you too Emily. Dear God Em I love you! You’re my angel, always will be.”

She smiled and closed her eyes her left hand that had been holding his hand this entire time fell to her abdomen landing softly on top of Happy’s who was still holding pressure to her wounds. Happy watched feebly as her chest rose once more before falling stagnant. He proceeded to break down muttering ‘no, no, no’ and holding her body to his chest. He kissed her lips one last time.