Sequel: Infamous
Status: Completed (Being Re-edited)

Reincarnate

First Sight

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I groaned as I awoke from a deep sleep as my alarm clock practically screamed at me, signaling me it was time to get up and face another day of hell. As I sat up, there was a dull pain in my side. I was confused for a minute before I remembered my dad coming home last night from the bar, drunk out of his mind. And that meant he took his anger out on me. I winced at the memory of him throwing me on the floor of my room and kicking me repeatedly until I could barely feel anything anymore. That's how it was. I felt like, everytime he hit me, he kicked parts of me out. I started to become a stranger.

I sighed as I crawled out of bed and headed towards the bathroom, I whimpered as the pain intensified with every step I took. I felt a tear roll down my cheek but it was only one. I was surprised by just the one since I spent countless nights crying myself to sleep. I pretty much figured I had no tears left to spare. But I was comforted a little. Knowing I still had some emotion left inside me.

With that, I stumbled into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I sighed, disgusted with what I have become. My dark brown hair was sticking up in all directions from my head being buried in my pillow. The color of my hair was dull and lifeless. My eyes were the same. Blue but there was no life at all. They were pretty much dead. My skin was pale and sickly looking really. But something new caught my eye, I noticed a dark purple, blackish bruise circling my left eye...that bastard...that bastard gave me a fucking black eye! I sighed, frustrated because I already knew, I could already hear the smart ass comments coming from the people who dared to notice me. And worst of all, Mr.Carlile. I already knew he would question me. And if I tell him the truth, he'll go ballistic. For the past 4 years I managed to keep the abuse a secret from him. There would be times when I thought he knew. He would sometimes give me a look as I told him my cover story, a look of ‘stop bullshitting and tell me the truth’. But he would let it go to my satisfaction. I felt bad about lying to him but I didn't wanna drag him into my mess.

I sighed at the thought. I finally broke out of my train of thought and limped a little over to the shower. I pushed my sweat pants down along with my boxers and turned the shower on. I stepped in and sighed, relaxing as the warm water loosened up my tense muscles. I leaned my head against the tile, my eyes closing slightly, making me realize that I was still tired. But I managed to stay awake. Knowing I couldn't procrastinate any longer, I started to wash my body and hair. Taking my sweet time. I thought about missing today but Mr. Carlile didn't like me missing too much school, says he didn't want me to fall behind. With that thought, I turned the water off and stepped out the tub, a blast of cold air hitting my skin. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my skinny figure. I slowly and carefully walked back to my room. I walked in and closed it behind me. Immediately I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a fresh pair of boxers. Dropping the towel, I pulled my boxers up my legs. I walked.over to my closet and pulled my skinny jeans out. My legs were small so they were easy to put on. I then pulled out a plain black v neck shirt. After putting that on, I grabbed my hoodie and slid it down my torso. With that, grabbed my backpack and slowly walked out the room, down the hallway and down the staircase. I stopped because I saw my dad passed out on the couch. I rolled my eyes and headed for the door, not caring about breakfast. Wasn't really hungry anyway. I opened the door and walked out, feeling the rush of cold fall air hitting my face. I clutched my hoodie tighter to me. I would listen to music but the walk to school was so short it would be pointless. I walked in comfortable silence, thinking of really nothing besides the throbbing pain in my side. It wasn't as bad as when I woke so I was able to ignore it.

Approaching the school gates I saw a variety of kids littering the school parking lot. Not wanting to be noticed, I put my hood up and walked quickly to the front doors, pushing it open I made my way down the hallway, taking a left at the end. Walking a few more feet I reached my locker. I focused on putting my combination in so I could get to class. Without hesitation, I grabbed a few books. I slammed my locker and walked quickly to first period, Advanced biology. Two reasons why I was happy. 1.I liked biology. 2. It was Mr.Carlile's class. I walked through the door and gazed at his desk. His hair was shorter and spiked up. I liked his long hair but this suited him just fine. He had on a black silk long sleeve button up shirt on. I didn't have to look at his legs because he wore skinny jeans every day. He was looking down at a book, reading intently. I chuckled and moved to my seat in the front row by his desk. He must have heard me because he looked up, his chocolate brown eyes lighting up and a small smile forming on his lips. I couldn't help but smile back before pushing my hood off. His smile faltered. I assumed he saw the black bruise circling my eye. He opened his mouth to say something but I just shook my head. He frowned but sighed, keeping his mouth shut. I mouthed a "Thank You" as the bell rung. He only nodded and stood up, walking to the board.

I sunk low in my seat as students started to pile in.

"Morning class. Today we will be watching a video on parasitic infections. Before we get started, please respond to the question on the board and pass your papers to the person in the front of your row" Mr. Carlile was straightforward in his directions. I pulled out my notebook and pen, scribbling my answer down and waited for people to pass their papers up to me. I got up and sat my row's papers on Mr.Carlile's desk. He smiled at me before I went to sit down.
With the papers passed up, Mr. Carlile turned on his fancy shmancy projector and started the movie. Of course I watched because I love parasites and parasitic infections, I found them to be exciting and interesting. I felt as if I was the only one watching because I could hear the whispered conversations around me. I would call them disrespectful pricks but then again, I listen to music throughout my other classes and start cursing at them when they tell me to take out my headphones. Then being sent to the office and so on and so forth. Not my fault they bored me into oblivion. Thinking about it made me roll my eyes. Mr.Carlile was the only one I respected.

With the movie being over and the bell ringing, I started gathering my things. I waved to Mr.Carlile and he smiled wide in return. He had the cutest smile ever. Easily better than anyone's smile. I smiled back and walked off to Math. I hate math for two reasons. A) I hate math with a burning passion. It's total bullshit. Satan created math, I swear. And B) the teacher, Mrs. Gilbert. The woman is the biggest bitch in this world. You didn't do your homework, detention 2 days. You talk in her class, she makes you stay late and be late to your next class. She's caught me with music and gave me detention the entire week. But jokes on that old ass bitch because Mr.Carlile was leading the detentions that week. And there would be days where no one was in there but me and we would play cards and eat snacks his partner would bring. So bam. I smiled at the thought as I walked into Math. But as soon as I saw her my smile faltered. Today was gonna be a long day.

Now sitting in English, I couldn't stop tapping my foot. In a few minutes class would be over with and I could go to lunch. And by lunch, I meant Mr.Carlile's room. I didn't like being in the cafeteria because I’m a loser and that's when everyone wanted to roast me. Mr.Carlile was fed up with it and started letting me come into his room. I never ate in there though.

Walking into his room, I saw that he was on his cellphone. It was turned sideways so I assumed he was playing a game. I chuckled and pulled up a chair, sitting next to him. He was playing angry birds.

"This damn game will be the death of me" He sighed as he sat his phone down. He lifted his long skinny legs onto his desk and crossed them. I laughed at his remark as I took off my hoodie.
"How was your day Mr.Carlile?" I asked him quietly.

"It was fine until Becky James came in last period. Kade I don't see how anyone puts up with her" His tattooed hand covered his eyes and he shook his head. I smiled.

"She can't be that bad" I commented. He looked at me, eyes wide in disbelief.

"Have you met her?! She practically questions everything you say and do!" He laid his head on his desk dramatically. It only made me laugh more. I patted his back and decided to change the subject.

"How's Alan?" I asked him. Alan was Mr.Carlile's boyfriend. I've never met him but we have talked over the phone a few times. I guess you could say we were friends. I've always wanted to meet him in person.

"Alan is great. Really great" Mr.Carlile lifted his head, a genuine smile on his face. I know that he loved Alan very much. And it made me happy to see him happy. Before I was able to say anything, Mr.Carlile's phone rang. He picked it up quickly.

"This is Mr. Carlile....mhm...oh great send him in!" He smiled before he hung up. I looked at him, slightly confused.

"My best friend is here" he smiled wider. I decided to play with him.

"I've been replaced!" I tried to act sad and angry but we just ended up laughing.

"No worries Kade, you're my best friend too." He smiled and put his hand on my head, messing it up. I laughed and grabbed his hand, biting him playfully. He giggled and tried to pull his hand away from me. As we were playing, there was a knock on the door. Mr.Carlile was tickling my sides and I was giggling breathlessly.

"Come in and help me!!" I laughed, not caring would it was.

"Austin please don't stop, this is entertaining" The door opened and a voice said softly. I turned and my heart skipped a few beats. There was a tall man leaning against the door frame. My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at him. He had longish black hair. He had high raised cheekbones and a long nose. There was black make up that was decorating his eyes and I noticed his eyebrows were drawn on. Normally I would cringe but this time, they looked amazing. He had 3 lip rings on his thin but perfect lips. 2 on the sides and one through the middle. The black eye makeup made his brown eyes pop out. There was a small smile on his lips as he looked at me. Mr.Carlile stop his tickling and chuckled.

"Hey Chris". I bit my lip as I kept staring at him. This man was gorgeous. So fucking gorgeous.

"Austin..How are you?" He smiled, walking towards us. My heart started accelerate as he got closer. I looked his body up and down, not able to look away. His skin was a soft rich ivory. I fought the urge to reach out and touch him.

"I've been great Chris. It's good to see your back. It's been too long my friend" Austin said honestly, getting up and walking around the desk. They hugged each other tightly . Then Chris looked at me. When our eyes met, he broke into a breathtaking smile. I bit my trembling lip and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Hello" he said sweetly to me. It took my brain a second to process he was speaking to me.

"H-hi" I stuttered in a small voice. I saw Mr.Carlile grin and that only made me blush more.
"What's your name?"

"Kade" I smiled a little and smiled back at me. He was in competition with Mr.Carlile for best smile.

"Chris..Chris Cerulli" He smiled and reached his hand out to me. I gladly took it and we briefly shook hands. His skin was softer than it looked.

"He's one of my favorite students and best friends" Mr.Carlile commented as he sat in his seat. Chris pulled up a chair and sat on the opposite side Mr.Carlile. I was staring at Chris, then he looked at me. I blushed and looked down, my stomach filling up with butterflies.

"Excuse me but Kade you are quite adorable" I looked up and stared at him in disbelief. He smiled sweetly at me. And I couldn't stop the words from coming put my mouth.

"Your smile is cuter than Mr.Carlile's" I said quickly. Mr.Carlile looked at me.

"That's bullshit Kade" He mumbled. Chris laughed and patted Mr.Carlile's back. Then the bell rung, signaling it was the end of the school day. I stood up and picked up my bag up.

"I'll see you tomorrow Mr.Carlile" I said, smiling before heading towards the door.
"Bye Kadester" he chuckled. I turned and looked at Chris.

"It was nice meeting you Chris" I blushed as he grinned at me.
"The pleasure is all mine Kade" His voice was like velvet. I smiled and made my way out the door.

Butterflies intensified as I thought of Chris. I bit my lip, smiling as I walked out the building and towards home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I type all of this from my phone so please excuse any errors. Thank you :) comment, constructive criticism is accepted.