You Stupid Girl

Feelings

I woke up slightly confused to where I was until memories of last night flooded my head. My arm that was draped over his stomach still had the neon bracelets, the bracelet Damon gave me, and the neon finger-less glove proving that last night was real and not a dream. My leg was between his and I realized that I was now laying more than half way on top of him. His arm was draped over my lower back, keeping me close to him.

As I began reliving last night over in my head, I began to inwardly panic. What was I thinking? Damon and I would never work out. He was a vampire and I was not. Unlike him, I would get older and gradually die. He wouldn't stay with me once I got to a certain age, that is if we even lasted that long. He would always find someone younger than me and prettier. I didn't stand a chance. And even if we did work out, I would never want to be a vampire.

"Good morning, Sunshine," Damon said from beneath me, scaring me a little since I thought he was still asleep. Of course he was awake. He could probably hear my heartbeat accelerating from the thoughts of us being together.

"Morning," I mumbled as I quickly sat up and scooted away from him. I needed to get away from him and think things over. The only problem then was that my thinking would probably drive me insane. That is if I wasn't already insane to begin with.

"Are you alright?" Damon asked as he sat up beside me. I could tell that he was worried by the way I was acting.

"I'm, um, I'm fine. I'm just hungry is all." I gave him a reassuring smile that probably wasn't all that reassuring.

Damon tried to pull me over to him so he could kiss me, but I stood up and got away. I excused myself from his room before heading to my room. I grabbed the bag from last night and took my shirt and jeans out since they were still clean... at least to me. I headed to the bathroom before locking the door behind me. I took a quick shower, removing the body paint, lipstick, and eye shadow off of me as well as sweat from dancing last night. I got dressed into my semi-clean clothes before putting my bracelets, ring, and party beads I got last night on.

I let out a sigh before heading back to my room with the clothes I wore last night. They would have to be washed first since they weren't even mine to begin with. I made a mental note to give back the shoes and gloves as well since that was the only other items that weren't mine. I had given the shutter shades to Matt some time during the dance, and the bracelets were mine to keep. I ran my hand through my wet hair as I began separating the laundry that was piled up.

Thirty minutes later I had the first load of laundry in the washer. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat, but didn't find anything that satisfied me. Of course the kitchen was currently stocked with food that was specifically for me. I let out a groan of annoyance before sitting in one of the kitchen chairs.

"You seem happy this morning," Stefan smiled at me as he joined me in the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic comment and he let out a sigh. "What did Damon do this time?" he asked causing me to crack a smile and raise a brow.

"For once he did nothing. My head is just full of thoughts today. Then there is the fact that I have so much laundry to do that it's not even funny! To top it off, I can't find anything to eat." Stefan raised a brow this time as he opened the doors to the cabinet closest to him. His eyes scanned over the food before looking over at me again. "Nothing here sounds good," I clarified.

"Would you like to go out and eat?" Stefan asked before joining me at the table. I shook my head no. "Want anything specific? I can go out and get it if you don't want to go." I shook my head no again. "How about some blood?" he joked as he tried to lighten the mood.

"That's disgusting. I rather eat regular food," I smiled.

For once, I actually heard the footsteps before the voices as they came into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes as Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena joined us and before greeting Stefan and I both.

"Do any of you ever knock on a door before coming in?" I asked curiously. I didn't know if it was because they had no manners or if they were here so much that they just invited themselves in. It's not like Stefan or Damon cared. It didn't bother me much, but I still wasn't used to it yet. Especially since any vampire could walk right in without being invited since nobody alive owned the house.

"Of course!" Caroline exclaimed and I smiled. She said it as if I was accusing her of breaking and entering.

"Really? Because the only person I think that has ever knocked on the door since I've been here is your mother. Everyone else just freely walks in unannounced." Caroline frowned at me.

"Does it bother you when we just walk in?" Bonnie asked and I shook my head no.

"Usually you're so quiet that I never hear anyone. I'm just not really used to it."

"We can start knocking if you want," Elena offered. I told her they didn't have to. It wasn't my house so it wasn't exactly my rules. Having my own place would be nice though.

I excused myself to go grab Elena's stuff from my room and check on my laundry. As I made it to the hallway, Damon came out of his room while on the phone. I quickly ducked into my room hoping that he wouldn't try to start talking to me. I grabbed Damon's jacket out of the bag and tossed it into the next load of clothes I would be doing. I put the shoes and gloves in the bag since it was all I currently had. I was heading toward the doorway when Damon blocked it.

"Are you avoiding me?" he asked. I bit the inside of my lip before shaking my head no. I knew he didn't believe me, but he dropped the subject. "Want to come with me? I have some business to take care of." Of course he had business to take care of. He always did. I shook my head no again since I wanted no part of whatever business he had to take care of this time. "Kaitlyn, we are going to talk about whatever is wrong when I get back." He kissed the top of my head before leaving. I waited a few moments before going back downstairs.

"Here's your stuff." I handed Elena the bag. "I'll give you the rest once it's out of the dryer. Thank you once again."

The four of them soon left as well, leaving me alone in the house. I put the wet clothes in the dryer before starting the next load of clothing in the washer. I sat on top of the dryer thinking about last night and Damon.

Last night was fun for me and a night I'd never forget. Damon had made it much better, and I couldn't deny it. I loved the bracelet he gave me with the apology note. I loved the compliments he gave me. I loved dancing with him last night and wished it hadn't stopped. I loved when he kissed me and Stefan saw. I loved when I fell asleep in his arms just to wake up in them as well. All together, I think I've fallen in love with him as well.

No, no, no! This couldn't be happening. I couldn't fall in love with him. I have to keep reminding myself that. It would never work and I would be the one getting hurt in the end. We were like fire and ice, hot and cold. We can't even get along most of the time. He would do something to piss me off and I usually did the same. Not a chance in hell did we stand a chance to be together.

Then there was the fact that he has compelled me more than once. Maybe this is what it is. He's compelled me to like him, to love him. But then again, Stefan told me last night to give him a chance. He said Damon liked me and regrets when he hurts me. Maybe that was true. Or maybe I just needed to get out of this house and try to start my own life. I still felt like I was intruding and would love to have my own place without worrying about someone walking in unannounced. It wasn't like I really had many reasons to still stay here since I didn't seem to be in danger now, even though there would always be a threat of someone wanting me dead. They left me alone for the day, so why not let me live alone? If I had my own place I would have to invite vampires inside, so I was a bit safer than here.

I hopped off the dryer and headed back up to my room. After fighting with myself I knew I needed to move out and let the feelings for Damon subside. It was going to be the only way I wouldn't hurt a lot worse than actually being with him. I was just hoping they allowed me to move out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I might update again later. Thank you for the subscribes and recs for this story <3