Status: In progress

Half a Heart

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea

-Maria:
Today we were having the baby shower. We ended up splitting the guys and us up for a while, since there's apparently some girly stuff that we had to get over with, without the guys. Then after that, we're gathering for dinner. It's a very small gathering, since the guys are leaving for Brazil really early tomorrow morning. And Leo wants to spend all his time with me. I walked into the closet and went over to my side, picking a simple red sort of elegant maternity dress that went just below my knees. I decided to leave my hair out and put on a little of makeup with red lipstick to match the dress. When I was done, Leo walked into the room, wearing a nice shirt with a vest in his other hand while he fumbled with his tie. I chuckled and went over to him, grabbing his tie and fixing it. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"Te ves hermosa mi amor, como siempre." he said I smiled and kissed him.

"I'm going to miss you more then I let on." I whispered and he chuckled lightly.

"I know amor, but it's only about two weeks." he said and I nodded. We went downstair and I kissed Leo before I was dragged into the living room by the girls, and immediately I was hugged tightly by Celia.

"Mi hija, you look absolutely radiant, I missed you so much!" she said and I smiled and kissed her cheek. I turned and saw Maria Sol and grinned, before moving in to hug her.

"I've missed you Soli." I said and hugged her tightly.

"I've missed you more Maria, you look absolutely beautiful." she said as we pulled away from the hug and I smiled at her. I greeted some of the girl's friends and soon I was ushered to the couch, Celia and Soli sitting next to me. I smiled at them all and raised an eyebrow at the gifts they had brought with them.

"You guys didn't need to get anything, I'm happy that you're here and that's more than enough." I said and they all laughed.

"Chica, a baby shower mostly consists of gifts for the baby and the mother." Shakira said and I blushed.

"Oh, well then sorry, never been to a baby shower before." I said nervously and they laughed again.

"Right so let's open these gifts!" Daniella said excitedly and I smiled. I grabbed one that was from Leo's parents and opened it carefully and smiled at what I saw inside.

"It's a baby monitor, thank you so much Celia!" I said and hugged her, she just smiled and hugged me back. Next I opened Soli's gift that she got together with Leo's siblings. It was a free trip to the spa, a baby blanket with "Thiago" inscribed in it and a little paper that said "babysitting" and when I asked Soli about it, she said that she'd offer to babysit anytime we needed to. The rest of the gifts were wonderful, there were diapers, cute baby clothes, a breast pump, which freaked me out a little and other cute baby stuff. They had also booked me and Leo classes to prepare for the birth and generally how to take care of a baby. After opening all the gifts, we joined the guys in the yard, they were gathered up at the grill, fixing food.

I walked up to Leo and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled and pressed his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Did you have fun querida?" he asked, drawing circles on my arm with his fingers. I smiled and nodded slightly.

"Yes, and they got us and Thiagui some wonderful things, remind me to thank them all again." I said and Leo chuckled. We walked over to the table and sat down to eat with everyone.

"So are you planing on breast feeding Thiagui?" Daniella asked and I giggled at Leo's facial expression, that was certainly not a question we'd expected.

"Well I read somewhere that it's better to breast feed, so I'm gonna do it as long as there's enough milk." I said and she nodded.

"So you're not afraid of your breasts sagging?" she asked again and I almost choked on my food. I cleared my throat and smiled at her.

"No, not really what matters is what's important for Thiagui." I said and she smiled. We ate the rest of our dinner, with no weird questions asked. After dinner, the girls went home with the guys to spend some time with them before they left for Brazil. As usual I was really tired, so I excused myself and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 34
Now this is pretty short I know, but I wanted to get this out now, It's been difficult to write recently, so I wanna publish everything that I feel is good enough, until writers block really hits me.

Please comment/subscribe, every comment and subscribe means the world!

Happy reading!
xxx