Status: In progress

Half a Heart

The first duty of love is to listen

-Maria:
It's been a week since Leo went to Brazil, and I've spent most the time doing my last bits of school work that I had left before graduation. Every since I got pregnant with Thiago, I'd missed so much of school, since Leo didn't want me in school with everyone stressing me out with questions. But lately I've been going to school so I can graduate. I knew that with Thiago coming in about five months, I wouldn't be able to focus on school then, so I'd better do it now. As I was busy solving a tricky math problem, the phone rang and I smiled when I saw it was Leo.

"Leo!" I answered excitedly and he laughed.

"Hola mi amor, how are you?" he said and I smiled.

"We're both fine, what about you?" I asked and unconsciously placed a hand on my stomach.

"I'm perfect nena but I miss you, I can't wait for you to be here with me." he said and I giggled.

"I can't wait either, and congratulations on your first win, we were watching the game here, you're freekick was simply amazing amor." I said and he laughed.

"I'm glad, I play for you and Thiagui in this world cup, and I can't wait to see you decked in my jersey on the bleachers." he said and I smiled.

"We can't wait either, and for once your jersey will fit me now when I'm a whale." I joked and he chuckled.

"So what were you doing querida?" he asked and I sighed at the difficult math I was doing.

"Just trying to solve this gigantic math problem, it's the last thing I have to turn in before graduation." I said and he sighed.

"Promise me that you're not overworking yourself." he whispered and I closed my eyes.

"I promise amor, besides it's better if I graduate now, so I can put all of my energy on Thiagui when he's born." I said and he agreed. We spoke some more before hanging up. I finished my maths before plopping down on the couch to ease my mind from all the math. As I was watching the Iran vs Nigeria game, I suddenly craved some ice cream and groaned at the thought of having to go and buy ice cream. So I decided to call Anna, she owed me a favor anyways. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

"Hola?" she answered and I smiled.

"Hola Anns, how are you?" I asked and frowned at the tv, the game was so boring, nothing was happening.

"I'm fine thanks, what about you and Thiagui?" she asked and I smiled.

"We're both fine, however I'm craving some ice cream and there's no ice cream in the fridge, so I was wondering if you'd be an amazing friend and godmother, and come over here to watch the game and bring me some ice cream?" I pleaded childishly and she laughed loudly.

"Oh Midget, if you weren't pregnant, I'd kill you, but ok I'll be there, what typeof ice cream are you craving?" she asked and I smiled.

"Anything with chocolate and vanilla, however no nuts whatsoever." I said and she sighed.

"Thaaaank youuu Anns." I added and she chuckled. After hanging up, I turned my attention back to the game. This was going to be a draw, there's no way anyone's gonna score, I thought as someone knocked on the door and I got up and waddled to the door. I opened the door and smiled, Anna was standing there holding two buckets of ice cream. I hugged her and dragged her in.

"This game sucks!" Anna said frustrated over the lack of goals and I just laughed.

"It's Iran we're talking about, they are defending aggressively because they don't want to loose, and at the same time their attack sucks because every player refuses to pass the ball to anyone else, they want to score themselves which concludes that they're all selfish." I said and Anna's eyes widened at my analysis of the game.

"Wow you finally understand football, that was perfectly explained, I'm shocked!" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Just because I never used to watch football doesn't mean that I'm stupid, weirdo." I said and she just laughed and shoved the bowl of ice cream in my lap. I grinned and grabbed a spoonfull, feeling content now that my craving was satisfied.

The game ended up being a draw, exactly as I had foreseen, whilst Anna was so sure that someone would score. I snickered at her facial expression when it was declared a draw. Suddenly my phone was ringing and I knew it was Leo.

"Hola amor." I said and he immediately chuckled at my voice.

"Hola nena, you seem content." he said and this time I chuckled.

"I pretty much am, since I dragged Anna over to settle my craving for ice cream." I said and he sighed, I frowned and wondered what was wrong.

"I wish I was there to go and get your weird cravings at weird hours in the night, I miss you amor." he said and I smiled.

"Aww Leo, you don't have to worry there's five months more of weird cravings, besides this wasn't a weird craving, I just wanted ice cream." I said and he laughed.

"So what are you doing querida?" he asked and Anna looked over to me and I smiled at her.

"We were just watching the game, Anna's so bummed out that it was a draw, I however knew no one would score." I said and Leo laughed yet again.

"Did you cheer for your home country?" he asked curiously and I sighed.

"Of course not, you know how I feel about the diplomatic issues, besides they weren't even that good." I said and he agreed.

"So we're playing against Iran next, will you be here for it?" he whispered and I smiled.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world Leo, I already feel guilty that I've missed one, don't worry I'll be there." I said and I could imagine him smiling widely.

"I was hoping you'd say that, because I already got your tickets, as far as I know you're coming with the rest of the girls as well." he said and I raised an eyebrow an looked over at Anna who was smirking at me, another thing she managed to hide from me.

"That sound amazing amor, however you need to get some sleep, I know how much Sabella values your sleep since he wants you alert at all times, so goodnight mi amor, I love you." I said and he laughed.

"Dulces sueƱos preciosa, te amo con toda mi alma." he said and as usual I blushed before finally hanging up. He always had my heart beating fast and butterflies gathering up in my stomach, and I had a feeling that he'd always have that effect on me, no matter what.

"So we're heading to Brazil together sooner than I thought, and yet again you kept it from me?" I asked Anna and raised an eyebrow at her. She just smiled at me sheepishly and I rolled my eyes.

"We just wanted to surprise you, Leo was in on it too." she whined and I laughed at her antics.

"It's ok Anns, I was just kidding, besides I miss Leo like crazy anyways and turning up there earlier is just amazing." I said and she smiled.

"Yeah I get you, I miss Xavi like crazy as well." she said and I smiled.

"So have you guys thought of setting a date?" I asked and fumbled a little with my engagement ring.

"Not really, we figured we'd wait, how about you and prince charming?" she teased and I laughed.

"Well we said we'd wait a year or two, but with Thiagui coming I sort of feel as if I want to get married earlier, maybe after he's born, I don't know why I feel this way, might be hormones." I said and Anna laughed.

"It's completely normal to feel that way you know, specially since you're having a baby, makes you want to get closer to him then you are, and with you two marriage is the only thing left." she said and I nodded.

"You never quite told me how Leo proposed to you, you know." Anna said and I laughed.

"Well I'll tell you if you tell me how Xavi proposed." I said and she smiled.

"Sure!" she said and I laughed at her eagerness.

"Well it was on christmas when we were in Rosario, after we'd traded all of our gifts with each other, Leo suddenly plops down on one knee and declares his love for me and how he can't live without me basically, I was a crying mess and when he finally asked, I said yes, it was the most beautiful thing ever, even though I described it pretty badly." I said and she smiled.

"That sounds so romantic, Xavi actually brought me out for dinner and then the waiter brought us some champagne, and by the time I found the ring in my glass, he was on one knee and basically said some lovely things and then he asked and I said yes." she said and I laughed,she was even worse than me when it came to describing things.

"That sounds lovely Anns, however you gotta agree that we both suck on describing things, specifically something as important and beautiful as a proposal." I said and she laughed loudly. We spent the rest of the night catching up and talking about everything, and eventually we both fell asleep. I had missed spending time with Anna like this, however I couldn't deny that I missed Leo more than anything, and I couldn't wait until we left for Brazil!
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 35!
Finally! hehe, but I've had guests over this weekend and on top of everything I'm sick, so I guess that's the explanation of why I haven't updated in forever! However I'll try to get some more writing done, I promise :P

Happy reading!
xxx