Lonely No More

territory

A costume party was perfectly enough to put Beau on edge. Missy and James hosted it every year, and this year was no exception. Showing up to their apartment in a full Top Gun jumpsuit, mirrored aviators and combat boots, Beau looked every part Maverick.

On the sidewalk below, Josie was pumping herself up, telling herself that she could go through with another Penguins team social engagement. To her knowledge, she was the only person who would be in attendance that was neither a player nor a significant other minus two trainers.

Given her experience with Penguins social activities, she was doubting this was a good idea. But she did want to make amends with the Crosby matriarch and she was looking forward to seeing Missy and Beau.

Beau.

Dodging that train of thought all together, she found her courage and entered the apartment building, her costume tucked under her camel colored pea coat.

“Joss! I’m so happy you’re here!” Missy smiled excitedly. She could make anyone feel welcome anywhere, her personality was so warm and kind.

“Hi Missy.” She replied as she hugged her friend tightly. She then took in the sight of Missy’s costume, a cute little beekeeper complete with net and hat – and still quite revealing.

“Take that coat off! I want to see your costume!” She insisted, holding open the front closet where they were gathering coats and jackets. Jocelyn slipped out of her camel coat to reveal a fitted white polo tucked into a tartan skirt, which landed about mid-thigh. Complete with knee-high socks and Doc Martens, she looked every bit the catholic schoolgirl. “Oh my God, you are darling.” Missy squealed, pushing one of Jocelyn’s braided pigtails over her shoulder to reveal a little embroidered logo for a school on the front corner of the polo.

“This was really all I had.” Jocelyn laughed, “I’m a firm believer in making a costume instead of buying one.” She added.

“Most of mine is recycled from past costumes, but I did have to buy the hat.” Missy laughed, hooking her arm through Jocelyn’s and leading her to the kitchen. Jocelyn’s anxiety began to build, but with concentration on her breathing, she grabbed a coke can from an ice tub and sucked it up.

“Beau’s in the family room.” Missy said, raising an eyebrow at her friend. Joss decided to keep her mouth shut instead of question as to why she let her know about Beau’s whereabouts. Surely he hadn’t told anyone about their date the other night?

“I’m going to go walk around.” She said, leaving Missy in the kitchen with two women she didn’t know. Clutching her coke can tightly, she exit the kitchen straight into the family room to see a mass of people in an array of costumes.

“Jocelyn is here!” Downie announced, dressed only from the waist down in karate pants and a black belt leaving his full, sculpted torso exposed. She blushed a bright pink as he gave her a tight hug.

Beau saw red as Downie hugged Jocelyn so brazenly, the discomfort clear on her face.

“Love your costume, Joss.” He complimented with a wink.

“Where’s the rest of yours?” She asked, making him laugh and roll his eyes. In Downie’s opinion, she really needed to loosen up. Jocelyn was all hot and innocent, he didn’t get why she acted so shy all of the time. She gave him a pat on the shoulder before making a beeline for Beau. So that’s why.

“Hi.” She smiled, instantly comforted by the familiar smell of his cologne, stepping into his embrace.

“Hi, you.” He replied, squashing down his need to kiss her right now in front of everyone. As much as he wanted to, he didn’t know how Jocelyn would feel about it.

“You look very handsome.” She smiled, running a hand through his hair.

“You look…” he trailed, eyes taking in her full form, “amazing.” He finished, making her laugh.

“I wasn’t really planning on coming, but when I finally decided to, I had this at my house.” She explained.

“You had this lying around at home?” He asked, copying Missy’s movement and pushing one braid away to reveal the logo. St. Mary’s School for Girls along with a little embroidered cross on a hill.

“Yeah, this is where I went to high school.” She explained, pointing to the embroidery.

“You went to an all-girl’s catholic high school?” He asked, swallowing hard -the usual response from men when they found out that particular tidbit of information about her.

“Four years.” She nodded.

“Sorry, just give me a moment.” She laughed as he tilted his head back and closed his eyes, letting his imagination run wild.

“Cut it out.” She slapped his shoulder.

“What are you drinking?” He asked, lifting up her coke can and taking a sip. “Is there anything in here?” He asked.

“No, I panicked, grabbed a coke, and came in here.” She explained with a nervous laugh. He then remembered that she often got a bit of social anxiety in big rooms of people.

“Do you want something to drink?” He asked, “I can go get something.” He explained. “There’s Bailey.” He pointed out Sidney’s wife.

“Okay,” she nodded. He took her can and kissed her cheek.

“I’ll go find something to mix with this.” He placed a hand on her back, giving her a little nudge toward Bailey before turning and making his way to the kitchen.

“Joss!” Bailey smiled excitedly, wrapping her brunette friend up in a big hug as well as she could in her boxy costume. Bailey Crosby was dressed like an oven with one little dinner roll inside of the cardboard box through the cellophane window.

“Bailey, congratulations. Beau told me the good news.” She kissed Bailey’s cheek.

“Thanks! We’re really excited and so is Sadie.” Bailey grinned, absolutely glowing.

Across the room in the kitchen, Sidney’s eyes trailed over his wife and her friend.

“Beau, please tell me you’ve locked her down already?” Sidney asked.

“I’m working on it.” He assured.

“Yeah well, work faster, Downie’s staring at her like she’s a big piece of steak.” He pointed out. Beau’s eyes snapped over to the forward was undoubtedly assessing her from where he was standing with Olli Maatta and Bortz. His captain was completely right – he did need to move faster.

- - -

After two hours and three strong drinks, Jocelyn’s social anxiety had lessened enough that that she felt comfortable with Beau and a few of his teammates on the couch in the living room, listening on as they gave each other crap.

”How does it look, Paulie? Does it look good? Kris mocked, pretending to be James as he messed with his own hair.

“You literally have no room to talk, Tanger!” James laughed. “You’re the king of hair!”

“Yes, but the difference is, I don’t have to try.” Kris countered, making everyone laugh. It was amazing the difference a few weeks made for Jocelyn in the presence of Kris Letang. Now that she knew he was committed and completely off limits, she saw him in a completely different light. Sure, he was still one of the most handsome men she had ever seen, and sometimes when he would give her a certain look, she’d blush bright red, but the same went for any woman in his vicinity. Her heart didn’t hurt when she saw him, she didn’t become immediately flustered, and she certainly didn’t get the same feeling looking at him as she did when she looked at Beau.

The Californian was sitting beside her on the little couch, a hand on the inside of her knee across the top of her leg and a drink in his free hand. He would occasionally move his hand back and forth and alternated having his arm around her shoulder, drawing her closer to him.

“I need to stop drinking.” She whispered to him quietly, so only he could hear.

“Why?” He asked.

“I drove here and right now I can definitely not drive home.” She set her drink down on the coaster in front of her. Beau reached out, picking the glass up again and setting it in her hand.

“I’ll drive.” He kissed her cheek again. Thankfully, Jocelyn was blissfully unaware of anyone’s eyes on her before Beau could launch into a story about Olli and one of their young guns, Kasperi Kapanen.

Another hour had passed and after a brief disappearance, Joss reappeared with a plate full of food for the two to share.

“Yum.” Beau said, grabbing a piece of bread and digging into the spinach dip.

“I’m starving.” Jocelyn said, stabbing a boneless wing with her fork.

“Want to get some food on the way home? I could murder a cheeseburger right now.” Beau whispered to her. She nodded with wide eyes like it was the best idea she had ever heard.
Taking his hand in hers, she turned his wrist to see his watch. It was going on twelve-thirty and the party was at about half capacity.

“Finish this then go?” He asked, to which she nodded again, placing his arm around her shoulder and making herself comfortable in his side. They laughed to themselves as they hurried up and scarfed down their plate of hors d’ourves.

“We’re taking off.” Beau said, standing up before offering his hand to Jocelyn, which she gladly accepted, smoothing out her skirt to make sure it was decent. Hugs were given all around as they said their goodbyes and Beau kept a stern eye on Downie as he hugged Joss.

“Bye!” Jocelyn hugged both Bailey and Missy on their way out.

“Have a good nigh.” Bailey winked at Beau who simply grinned, tilting his aviators down to wink at Mrs. Crosby.

Beau was happy to hold Jocelyn’s hand on the way to his car, smiling as she swing their hands between them. Beau swung their hands up, kissing her knuckles before they arrived at his car where he very graciously held her door open.

Upon sitting in the driver’s seat, he laced his fingers with hers once again before setting off to find the nearest McDonald’s. He tried to play it cool as Jocelyn placed their joined hands on her bare thigh. He cleared his throat and she giggled as he pulled into the drive-thru lane which was packed.

Hi Welcome to McDonald’s, what can I get you?

“Can I get a number two, no pickles and a vanilla shake.” He coughed out the last bit as she slid his hand up her thigh. She always admired his big, strong looking hands.

And what else?

“Can I please get a double quarter pounder with cheese and a strawberry shake.” She grinned wolfishly as his hand travelled even further up her skirt.

Your total is $14.15, please pull ahead to the window.

Beau caught her eyes as he ventured up the tartan fabric. She countered his attack, placing her hand on thigh just as high up.

“Don’t think there won’t be repercussions for your actions, Beau-tie.” She warned, still smiling. Beau thought she was rather cute when she was a few drinks deep.

“I’d love to hear about these repercussions.” He said lowly, making her little grin spread even wider.

“I left my wallet in my car.” She nodded towards the window that they were now able to drive up to.

“I’m sure you’ll think of a way to pay me back.” She jumped as he barely nipped the lace of her panties with his finger.

“Beau!” She squeaked, covering her face as he handed the money for their dinner over to the cashier who could very clearly see what was going on in the car. Moments later, they were pulling away with two big bags of food and two shakes, en route to an apartment that was definitely not hers. “I don’t think I remember moving over in this area.” She said smartly, nibbling on a french fry.

“I said I would drive, I didn’t say where I would drive to.” He replied. Not much longer, he was opening up his front door before she followed him inside, carrying their late night treats and bouncing slightly on her heels.

“I have to pee!” She squealed, setting the bags and cups down right away and dodging down the hall to find the bathroom. Beau shook his head with a smile, taking a sip of her shake before pulling out all of their food and taking a seat at the kitchen island.. Reappearing in the kitchen, Jocelyn excitedly picked up her sleeve of fries, sliding around the hardwood floors in her stocking feet.

“Antsy?” Beau laughed at the girl who was happy to twirl and eat her French fries.

“Just lots of energy I need to burn up. I get wiggly with I drink.” She explained, beaming at him with a smile that he felt all the way to his toes. “Plus I can already feel myself getting sleepy.” She insisted, sliding right by him and snagging her shake. Her next go-around, he grabbed her around the waist, making her squeak as he hauled her into his lap.

“Hi.” He grinned.

“Hey there.” She stole a french fry right out of his hand. “You know,” she wiggled slightly in his hap. “You didn’t give me a grand tour the first time I came over here.” She let a finger trail up his chest from the gap in his jumpsuit where it split open just between his pecs. She loved his little dusting of chest hair.

“I didn’t? Wow, how rude of me.” He dropped his shake on the counter, scooping her into his arms and carrying her bridal style from the kitchen to the family room.

“You’ve already seen this room.” He insisted, walking right past it. “Here’s the hall bathroom.” He pointed out with his foot. “Guest room one and guest room are right across from one another.” She took her time looking at the sparse rooms that were furnished only with beds and night stands. “And this… is my room.” He opened up a door at the end of the hall to reveal a monstrous master bedroom. It was likely the same square footage as her entire apartment only ten minutes east of his.

“Wow, so big.” She gasped, making him chuckle lowly in her ear. Setting her on her feet, Beau took her hand as he maneuvered her around the bedroom.

“My bed.” He motioned to the king size tucked under a grandiose window with a stunning view of the skyline. “Closet and private bathroom are over there.” He motioned to two separate doors. “Here is where I watch the Netflix.” He motioned to a TV of appropriately huge caliber mounted on the wall opposite his bed.

“Very clean in here…” She said suspiciously.

“I’m a pretty neat guy.” He shrugged, “can’t do laundry, but I keep it off the floor.” He laughed. The oversized, plush bed was calling to her and she could no longer ignore it.

Beau watched in great satisfaction as she set one knee then the other down on the navy comforter.

“Oh.” She praised, crawling her way up to the headboard and letting a delicious amount of thigh show as he skirt traveled with her.

“Oh yeah?” He asked, kneeling where she previously occupied. “Do you like it?”

“This is almost as good as my bed.” She moaned softly as she leaned back against the unending amount of pillows propped against the headboard, closing her eyes and savoring the moment. She was feeling much bolder after her first successful grownup party that night.

Feeling a shift in weight on the mattress, she opened her eyes to see Beau kneeling at her feet, her knees bent and separating them by only a foot or two. Placing his hands on her propped up knees, he grinned as she looked at him innocently.

“I don’t know, Josie, I’ve slept in your bed, I know how comfy it is.” He said, sliding his hand down and simultaneously up her thighs. She couldn’t help but grin at the little glint in his crystal blue eyes.

“You have the prettiest eyes, Beau-tie.” She cupped the back of his neck with her hands. Each of them felt their heart rate skyrocket as he pushed her thighs apart, coming as close to her as possible before he pressed his lips to hers. Beau slid his hands up to her sides, cradling her gently as he slanted his mouth over hers again.

Jocelyn tongue was warm and silky against his and he wished her hair was down so he could tangle his fingers in it. That was something that was going to have to change.

“Beau.” She gasped as he kissed down her jaw to her neck, fingers still playing with the soft hairs at the base of his head. He suckled and bit, caressing with his tongue and repeating the process over again. She was his, and he wasn’t above marking her like some high school kid. “Nuh, kiss me some more.” She demanded, to which, Beau was happy to comply. Bringing one hand even further up her body, she moaned into his kiss as he rubbed his thumb over her nipple.

He was sure he’d never forget the way her hips pressed up into his, sending all of his hairs on end. She wanted him, too. He knew it.

They broke apart just as Jocelyn yawned the second time, making her giggle and Beau press yet another kiss to her temple.

“Alright, my little lightweight, time to get to bed.” He sat up taking in her appearance. Dilated pupils, swollen lips and a hickey forming on her neck

“I’m not a lightweight… I just don’t drink a lot.” She pouted, making his cock twitch in his jumpsuit.

“Thus, making you a lightweight.” He shook his head.

“I don’t have any pajamas, Beau-tie.” She said pointedly.

“Let’s see if I can’t find something for you.” He said, rolling off of her and walking over to his big walk-in closet where his dresser was tucked against the far wall.

As Beau looked for a clean, plain t-shirt, Jocelyn rolled off of the bed, shimmying out of her skirt. Beau swore under his breath as he returned to his bedroom to see Jocelyn in a lacy pair of black panties, her knee socks, and her hair now freed from it’s braids, floating around her shoulders. Walking right up to the brunette, he handed her the clean shirt.

“Does this work?” He asked as she unfurled it.

“Soft.” She commented, running a hand over the worn cotton. “A little privacy?” She grinned as he made no effort to move away from her.

Jocelyn turned her back to the blonde, pulling her polo over her head and tossing it on the ground, followed by her pink and black bra. Beau’s eyes wandered over the smooth expanse of her back as she covered her breasts with one arm before looking over her shoulder to make eye contact with Beau. It was too much to look at in such a small amount of time before she was covered again by his heather grey v-neck.

Keeping her panties and knee socks on, she happily crawled back into the bed, tucking herself under the comforter and wiggling around until she found just the right spot to watch Beau disrobe.

She made no qualms about watching Beau as he stepped out of the olive green jumpsuit, revealing the fact that he was merely wearing a pair of black boxers beneath it.

Beau’s body was incredible – tight abs, thick quads, strong arms and those same strong hands she always admired.

“Coming?” She asked innocently enough. He was shocked just how confident she was being that evening, and wished she stayed that strong-willed on a daily basis.

Jocelyn flashed back to her night with Beau when she woke up completely and utterly wrapped up in him, and looked forward to more of the same.

Slipping into his own bed, he was quick to hunch over Jocelyn, pressing his face into her neck and kissing her there as his hips aligned up against her round ass.

“G’night Josie.” He mumbled into her skin.

“Night Beau-tie.” She squeezed his hand that rest on her tummy, notching her thigh between his legs.

The last thought running through her mind before falling asleep was that she wouldn’t mind ending up in Beau’s arms every night.
♠ ♠ ♠
you all were so wonderful commenting on the last chapter, i couldn't make you wait for this one!
i only skimmed this for proofreading, so apologies for any mistakes you may have seen.
please comment if you enjoyed this chapter!
xo