Lonely No More

one hand

It was Sunday morning and Beau had yet to leave Jocelyn’s side the entire weekend. On Saturday they moved over to Beau’s apartment so he could switch into some clean clothes and even brought Geno along – as he had no plans to let his girl go home any time soon.

They shared a shower before going out to pick up Chinese. They made a nest of blankets and pillows on the couch as they shared sweet and sour chicken and beef with broccoli.

He loved the sight of her in his sweats – the Penguins logo and his name all over her body. They had just downed matching omelets and toast when they crawled back into his bed. He was quick to wrap her up in his arms as she snuggled up to his side, resting her head on his chest.

“I’m going to go to Amanda’s this week for dinner some night if you’d like to come. I know Mikey will ask me about you either way.” She grinned, speaking of her nephew.

“I’d love to come eat food.” Beau replied. People always thought he was just trying to be funny when he said how much he loved food, but he really did love food.

“Can I ask you something?” He posed, causing her to prop her chin up so she could look at him. “Where is Mikey’s Dad?” He asked.

“He bailed.” She replied, “the curse of the McDermott woman.” She said jokingly, but he could sense something else in her voice. “He and Amanda got married after dating for three years, they had Mikey after two more, and when he turned four, he took off.” She explained.

“What a piece of shit.” Beau replied, eyebrows knit together and a sharp look in his eye. “What does Amanda tell Mike?” He asked.

“That his Dad wasn’t ready to be a Daddy and she was lucky enough to get him all to herself.” She replied, “even for the asshole he is, she doesn’t want to demonize him. She studied psychology in school and she learned a lot about kids with divorced or absentee parents – if you tell your child that one of their parents is bad, it instills in them that half of that child is bad.” She explained, “and Mikey is an angel, so she doesn’t ever want him to think that he’s half of a bad person.” She finished.

“So he’s been gone for two years now.” Beau replied, “do they ever hear from him?” He asked.

“No,” she shook her head. “Not even for child support or a birthday card.” She finished. She sighed softly and rest her head on his chest once again.

“McDermott curse?” He asked.

“So far, the McDermott women always fall in love very hard with someone who doesn’t plan on sticking around.” She said quietly. He ran a hand down her back and kissed the top of her head. Beau had been chasing her for almost half a year – she certainly wasn’t going to get away without a fight.

Not too long after, they both were asleep, snuggled up tightly. Beau would lie if he said he didn’t turn the heat down just a bit to ensure she would saddle up to him in her pajamas.

When they woke, one of Beau’s hands was just inside of the waistband of her sweats, resting on the soft skin of her backside while their fronts were completely pressed up against one another.

“Beau.” She mumbled, pressing her face into the hollow of his throat, making him shiver at the contact of her cold little nose. “Why’s it so cold in your house? You can afford heat.” She mumbled, making him laugh, and in turn, jostle her against him.

She reached behind her, grabbing the edges of his down comforter and pulled it over their heads, making him laugh as she twisted against him. She gasped when she felt his semi starting to grow between his legs.

“Silly boy, so easily excited.” She chided.

“I’ve literally been dreaming about this exact situation for months, cut me some slack.” He pouted. She instinctually pressed her lips against this for a little kiss, but he wasn’t as keen on letting her go. She suppressed a giggle when he gently rocked his hips into hers, stroking the skin of the small of her back gently under his calloused fingers.

“Baby, in case you forgot, we’re out of condoms.” She pointed out. They had both come to that realization late the previous night, deciding to use their last, precious Trojan very carefully. “And… I’m a little sore.” She added.

He looked down at her with a wolfish smirk, pulling his lips over his wide mouth and twinkle in his eye.

“Want me to kiss it better?”

- - -

Getting in to work late on Monday was a godsend. Jocelyn hummed her way to her desk, a caramel brulee latte in hand and with a new dress and shoes she managed to snag for cheap on Black Friday. She was going to have a strong few weeks leading into Christmas and then get to enjoy the holidays with her little family.

As per usual, the players began slowly filing in for their afternoon practice at two o’clock. First Flower, then Sidney who stopped to make small talk with Jocelyn – she suspected he was still trying to suck up to her thanks to his wife’s behavior – then came Olli and Bortz before Beau strolled in.

“Josie, Josie, looking especially beautiful today.” He grinned, making her roll her eyes with a big smile on her face. He leaned over her desk, pecking her lips gently. “Mm, Starbucks.” He joked, making her laugh. “Geno better be warming up a spot on the couch for me.” He added, reminding her of their outstanding date that evening. This time, Jocelyn planned to cook dinner.

“I can make dinner, but I wouldn’t mind if you picked out some wine to go with it.” She replied, “something light,” she intended to hone her skill with seafood. He had mentioned several times how much he missed the access to fresh seafood back home in California. She had gone to Coastal Seafoods on Sunday night, picking up beautiful salmon steaks and shrimp. She planned to grill both entrees and serve them with garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed asparagus.

“I can attempt to pick out some wine.” He nodded, making her grin. “Is that a new dress? Or have you just not worn it before?” He asked. She loved when he noticed little things about her.

“It’s new.” She replied, “dress and the shoes.” She added.

“Okay, Sunshine, just because you somehow managed to get her agree to date you doesn’t mean you can make out at the desk all day.” Downie announced loudly from his entrance. Somehow the word of Jocelyn and Beau spread quite quickly over the weekend – and now it felt like everyone knew about the blooming couple.

“Good morning, Steven.” She greeted with a deadpan look.

“Good morning, Josephine.” He replied, making her giggle. “Come on, Beau, moustache boy today!” He howled.

“You better not lose.” She said pointedly.

“What, you don’t like a good lip sweater?” He asked, laughing at her disgusted expression. Jocelyn shook her head wth a laugh, crossing her legs and getting back to work. That night at the game, she would sit with Jim and Mario up in the press box. She was excited for a new experience and to gain a little more insight at what exactly Jim did during game time.

An hour passed before she saw Dr. Moran, the team doctor, come in with a small duffel bag. He was not a usual participant during practice times.

“Hi Joss.” He smiled politely.

“Hi Doc.” She greeted cheerfully. “How’re you doing?” She asked.

“Normally I can’t complain, but looks like one of our birds got a little tangled up.” He sighed.

“Oh? Who?” She asked, surprised. She hadn’t heard any rumblings of an injury.

“Seems to be Beau hurt his hand.” He said, “if it’s serious, you’ll hear about it.” He assured. She bit her lip as he disappeared into the hallway behind her. Though she trusted Dr. Moran, she couldn’t help but worry a bit as time passed. As she finished up a bit of contract paperwork for some of their rookies, she glanced at her clock to see it was eleven-thirty, a perfectly acceptable time to take lunch.

Getting up from her seat, she smoothed out her outfit before dipping back into the hallway, walking cautiously down the hallway to the trainer’s room.

She could see Beau’s blonde hair as he sat on one of the tables, Dr. Moran sitting in front of him on a stool. With his back to her, there wasn’t much else she could see.

“Knock, knock.” She announced quietly, not wanting to intrude if she wasn’t welcome.

“Hey Josie.” Beau gave her a half-hearted smile.

“How’s it going?” She comfortingly ran a hand up and down his back, instantly making him deflate just a bit. His right hand looked tender and red.

“Got whacked in the hand with a stick.” He said, practically purring as she rubbed the skin at the hairline on the back of his neck. Sure, he was a little sweaty, but nothing she couldn’t tolerate.

“Hurt, Beau?” She asked, to which he nodded just softly, not wanting to look like a pussy in front of his girlfriend.

“Sore, that’s for sure.” He agreed.

“I think it’s time we take some x-rays.” Dr. Moran said, standing up, “I’m feeling a small break, nothing too serious, but definitely something we’re going to want to get a closer look at.” He finished.

“I’m going to leave you two alone.” Josie said, knowing it was best she stay out of the way. “You want me to bring you something to eat? I’m just going to run and get a salad.” She explained as Dr. Moran crossed the room to gather up a few things.

“This is gonna be bad he muttered,” the spring effectively taken out of his step from this morning. “Will you come over tonight? Bring Geno?” He asked.

“Of course, Beau-tie.” She smiled. He puckered his lips at her for just a moment. She turned to see the doctor was still occupied, giving him a quick, fleeting peck before he could give her a little smile.

Little turd. She thought to herself.

“See you then.” She bid him adieu. “Thank you, Dr. Moran.” She said goodbye to the doctor as well.

The afternoon passed at an agonizing rate. She was ready to get home, grab her kitten, and see how Beau was doing. She text him once around one to see if he had gotten a verdict, but had yet to receive a response still at four-thirty.

“Joss, go ahead and take off for the night.” Jim insisted as he passed by his administrative assistant. “Something tells me you’ll have to attend to a certain Penguin.” He finished.

“Are you sure? Jim, I’m happy to stay for the game like you asked.” She replied.

“Definitely, we’ll get by.” He winked. Jim was such a nice guy, she was going to have to think of something good to get him for Christmas.

“Thanks, Jim.” She smiled. Though she didn’t want any preferential treatment for being a player’s girlfriend, she was thankful for how thoughtful he could be. She text Beau that she was getting off early before heading out to her car and making the trip back to her apartment.

From: Beau
Can you still come over?


She text back in the affirmative, throwing a few things in her tote, including a little toiletries bag and an outfit for work the next day just in case. Geno loved to ride the car and curled up on the seat next to her as they made their way to Beau’s.

Upon entering the apartment, Geno ran straight for the heat vent in the family room.

“Baby.” Beau mumbled, wrapping her up in a warm hug the moment she sat down her bag near the table where he set his mail and keys. “Sorry I didn’t text you earlier, I took some pain killers and fell asleep for like three hours.” He explained.

“It’s okay, how’s your hand?” She asked, running a thumb over his cheek where he still had a few sleep marks on his skin from his sheets.

“Hurts.” He muttered. “Five weeks.” He explained, making her gasp softly.

“Beau, I’m sorry.” She knit her eyebrows together.

“It sucks, but it will pass by.” He shrugged, “I’ve had worse.” He added.

“Still, I’m sorry it happened.” She said, rubbing a hand up his back again.

“But I do have some good news.” He said, looking down at her with a dopey little smile.

“What’s that?” She asked as he walked her further into the apartment.

“At least I didn’t lose moustache boy.” He grinned, making her laugh.

“Well thank god for that.” She smiled as they landed in the modern kitchen.

“And, I got pizza.” He grinned, pretty happy with himself. “I ordered like three before I fell asleep. My meds make me just a little loopy but like really hungry.” He explained further. “At least I didn’t have them delivered until like ten minutes ago.” He shrugged. She laughed at his antics, reminding herself to take a look at what Dr. Moran had him on.

“So now what, Mr. Bennett?” She asked. “Are you hungry? Want to watch some TV? Can I get you an ice pack?” She listed.

“Yes.” He nodded. She put her hand on his shoulders, turning him around to face the archway to the hallway.

“Go sit, I’ll warm up some pizza and bring you an ice pack.” She explained. She stuck two of the pizzas in the oven – finding one Canadian bacon, pineapple pie and one pepperoni sausage.

She poured water over ice and gathered up napkins to enter the family room with an ice pack under her arm. There was Beau, stretched across his couch with the arm of his injured hand strewn across the back of the couch and his other hand under the waistband of his Reebok sweatpants.

“Hi baby.” He grinned, his head a little lopsided as he rolled his chin across his collarbone to rest his head against his shoulder.

“Did you just take more meds?” She asked with a raised eyebrow, setting his plate on the coffee table in front of him.

“Yep.” He grinned, popping the ‘p.’ “I’m all snuggly and warm. Get over here.” He insisted. She took a long drink of her water before complying to his demands. He was, after all, injured. Jocelyn crawled onto the couch between his legs, resting against his chest as he wished. It was clear that his hunger for pizza was long forgotten.

“Bet I can get you to cum with just one hand.” He whispered in her ear, making her burn bright red.

“Silly boy,” she rolled her eyes. “Get your mind out of the gutter. You’re hurt.”

“I’m horny.” He whined, wiggling his hips beneath her.

“You’re high.” She countered, making him laugh.

“Just the good kind.” He winked, making her laugh even harder. “Oh, Geno, baby, come to Daddy.” He reached out his arms for the brown tabby who was watching the two of them from the foot of the entertainment stand. Jocelyn rolled her eyes at her attention-whore pet who immediately jumped up onto the couch, curling up at their feet.

“He doesn’t like me.” Beau whined of the cat who eyed the two of them wearily.

“He loves you.” Jocelyn insisted.

“I love his Mom.” He pushed his nose into Jocelyn’s cheek, making her a little more alert. She needed to remind herself that he was a little out of his own head at the moment.

“Okay, Beau-tie.” She assured.

“I mean it,” he mumbled. “I know I only just got you to myself, but I love you.” He kissed her neck as his words got quieter and quieter. She looked up to see his eyes were droopy.

“Tell me again in the morning, baby.” She said, snuggling further into his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
I would love to hear from more of you on this chapter!
Is Beau's declaration going to scare away Josie?
Can they stay happy together for long?
I have some fun plans coming up with this ;)
Tomorrow is monday and you can do it! Roll up your sleeves and get through it!

xo