Status: Nothing like bringing one of these bad boys back.

Let the Flames Begin

Night Out

Hayley still hadn't heard anything from her parents since she came out to them a week ago. I wasn't going to encourage her to initiate any form of contact because each case is so different. Some parents don't care, some do. Some take days to come to terms with it and some take years. It varied but you can't push someone to accept or understand that choices you make in your life. Hayley had made hers, and as far as I could tell she was happy. She loved me and I loved her. Well, I more than loved her but there really isn't any word for the way I feel. I guess you could say I loved her, a LOT. She was my rock, my world, my sanity, my better half. She was mine.

"Babbbbby!" Hayley whined from the bathroom. We were going out with Jeremy and his new girlfriend tonight. I was excited to take her out and show her off for the first time in seven weeks. She was excited. We hadn't seen Jeremy much since he met Bridgette.

"What's up?" I said leaning on the door frame of the bathroom.

"Where's your eyeliner. Mines like...Out. I'm not going anywhere until I had eyeliner on. I've got literally every other piece of my make up stocked up on but my eyeliner." she said pouting.

"Closet, black make up bag. I've got like two things in it. Take them. However, you look gorgeous with out. You do realize that right."

"I do not. I need make up. Otherwise I look like a clown from the tortured face circus." she said digging wildly for my eyeliner.

"Yeah, okay. Sure you do."

"Are we all riding together or..."

"No. Jeremy and Bridgette are meeting us there, we have plans before hand."

"We do not. I'm not aware of this."

"Well.. Now you are. Be ready in ten so we can actually make it on time." I said kissing the tip of her nose when she turned to look at me.

I put on my shoes and fixed my hair one last time before she came down from the bed room. She was wearing a stunning dark purple dress that came halfway down her thighs. A pair of black toms and her hair. Well. That's always done the same. only right now, the red was fading and you could see a faint shade of blonde on her roots.

"That's the fastest I could get ready. Are we late now."

"No. Were perfectly on time." She walked over to hug me as tight as she could.

"I love you Carrie. So much."

"I love you more Hayles. Come 'er." She stood up on er tippy toes and gave me the lightest kiss possible. It was like, almost as light as air and such a fucking tease at the same time.

We got in my car and headed off to our reservations. I was taking Hayley to one of the restaurants in town that she loved. It was a little place that made a lot of "good ol' home cookin'" as she would say. We pulled up into a parking lot a block or so away to keep her from knowing where we were going until we got there.

"Okay, you got me. Where are you taking me too."

"Somewhere. You'll find out soon enough."

We walked together, she was leaning into my shoulder holding my hand. The look on her face when we arrived at the restaurant was priceless.

"You did not!"

"Oh, but I did. Come on, let's get some dinner before tonight."

"Okay!" We walked in and got her favorite table in the corner. We ordered some food and sat there for the next hour and half eating and talking. She couldn't keep herself but to smile. She was happy. The happiest i'd seen her in so long.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For taking me on this beautiful date and taking such good care of me since I got discharged from the hospital and just.. Everything." she said softly. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"Well, you don't have to wonder. I not going to be going anywhere anytime soon beautiful." I said lifting her chin to look at me. "No matter what happens, you'll always have me by your side."

She smiled. I paid for dinner and we left to meet Jeremy at the club. He was standing on the corner with a dark haired girl. Just from here I didn't know how I felt about her, but I was still going to make the most of my night.

"Guys, this is Bridgette. Bridgette, this is my band mates and two best friends Carrie and Hayley."

"Nice to meet you both." She said staring me down.

"You too. Can I help you with something?"

"Oh, no." she said smuggly turning around to go in the club.

"Already off on a bad foot." Jeremy muttered.

"She doesn't like me, I don't like her." I muttered back nudging him. "She's poison to you dude."

"Jer, I don't say this much but she's a bad person. I can sense it. And you know I like everyone."

"Well, I love her."

"Love her. Jeremy you're insane."

We walked in the club, each going our separate ways. I went to the bar with Hayley and Jer with his witch of a girlfriend to some unknown spot in the club. I ordered a shot of liquor and Hayley gave me a look.

"What. I don't have a drinking problem any more babe. I can handle this."

"Yeah well.." Hayley Rolled her eyes and turned away while I took my shot quick. I swear. She may be overprotective but it's cute.

See, three years ago, I developed a drinking habit. It wasn't Hayley's fault it was mine. I was trying to compensate the emptiness I felt by not having her even though I did have a girlfriend. Hayley wasn't aware and at the time the girl was scared of admitting her sexuality so no one really knew we were together. So I drank. A LOT. I don't know how often I was actually sober in the time period. Once Hayley realized I had a major problem she forced me into a rehab facility where I could get help. I hadn't really touch liquor since then, and now it's been two years. I knew my limit was maybe a light buzz but I wouldn't let my self go past that point. She was just... Afraid I guess of seeing me turn into the monster I previously was. I shook off the liquors taste and stared at Hayley she was searching the room, for Jeremy I presume.

"You're not going to find in looking around Hayley, this place is too crowded for that." I said over the sound of the music.

"Yeah well. Doesn't hurt to try." She said loudly. She grabbed my hand pulling me through the crowd. She found a quiet corner and looked at me with scared eyes. "You know that feeling in your gut you get when something bad is either about to happen or has happened?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I've had it since Jeremy disappeared with that Bridgette girl. I can't shake it off and I need to know he's okay." I sighed. Good night, ruined. Thanks Bridgette.

We searched the club for an hour but there was no sign of Jeremy. We took the back exit since it was getting late, Hayley was getting tired and I was no longer having a good night out. That's when we figured out where Jeremy was. I was checking my phone for the time.

1 New Text: Jeremy
You were right. She's not what I thought. I need help...


Not Again