Emma

But there was nothing wrong with me.

I sat cross-legged on the bed, staring at the boy in front of me. He stared back with a smirk. I could tell by the way he was looking at me that he was happy with the outcome of this. He was content with the outcome. He was okay with the fact that I was afraid to love someone because I would become weak, vulnerable. I was afraid, but I would never admit it. I would never admit my true feelings, either. I would never admit that I loved him back.

His hands found mine, intertwining our fingers and leaning in for a kiss. I leaned back so far, I was almost laying on the bed. He was almost on top of me. I was almost wrapping my legs around him. I was almost submitting to him. Almost.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why can’t we?”

“I started my period.”


He sighed. “Damnit all, Emma.”

I shrugged. “I didn’t ask for it.”

He leaned down and kissed me without a warning. He smiled as he sat up and pulled me to him so I was laying on him. He wanted to cuddle. He wanted to feel me breathing against him. He wanted to love me, but I didn’t want to. I didn’t want this. It was going to ruin my plan. It was going to ruin everything.

There was only one way out of this. It was going to create confusion, but it was the way out. Only way to end of all this confusion, love, intimacy. Everything would be resolved. I would be resolved.