Status: COMING SOON TO MIBBA (The title may change) stay tuned

Hiding From the Obvious

III - Watch and Learn

Justin woke up two days later and headed to the gym. He thought of asking Ryan or Mitch to see if they were interested in tagging along, but decided this might be something to do alone. He showed up at the gym where he'd first spotted Nina. Before he'd excused himself from the conversation with the sketchy trainer, Justin had seen her name and workout time on his clipboard. Her name was Nina Braden and she came to work out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at five to six in the evening. He walked into the gym and spotted her sitting on a bench eating an apple. He walked over to her and asked if the seat beside her was taken. When she responded no, he seated himself and dove into a conversation.
"How long have you been working out here?"
She swallowed her bite of apple before speaking. "Three years. Why?"
"No reason. Just a conversation starter. Has he always been your trainer?" He discreetly pointed to the man he'd met briefly, standing in a corner.
"Yes. Mike is a good trainer." She said simply.
"I'm Justin, by the way." He offered a hand and a smile.
"Nina. Nina Braden. You were the one talking to Mike last time, weren't you?"
"That was me." He smiled.
"So what gym did your sister find?''
"What?"
"Your sister. You told Mike that she was looking for a gym that offered a workout variety. Before you left, she texted you that she'd found one."
"Oh, I-" He was getting her to open up, and telling her that he'd lied might make her shut down. She might understand the reason, but then again, watching her with her trainer made him suspicious about the nature of their relationship. "I have a picture. Would you like to see it?"
"Sure."
He reached into his gym shorts and pulled out his phone. He flipped through his camera roll and came to a photo of him with a petite woman with bright blue eyes and long brown hair.
"She is beautiful." Nina complimented.
"I know."
"What's her name?"
"Elizabeth." This wasn't exactly a lie; it was her middle name.
"Nina! Time!" They both looked to see Mike pointing to his wristwatch. Nina stood. "It was nice to meet you, Justin, but it's time for my workout."
"Of course." He nodded and smiled.
"There are a few cheese sticks in my bag. I'm not going to eat them. You can feel free to help yourself."
"I might just do that. Thank you."
He pulled out his phone as Nina laid on the large yoga mat to begin sit-ups. He sent Ryan a quick text: At the gym. Watching Nina and her freak trainer.
He replied instantly: Don't be a creep, okay?
He chuckled and reached down into Nina's bag to grab a cold cheese stick as he caught the eye of her trainer. He narrowed his eyes as he recognized the look he had been given: jealousy.