Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Twenty A Mother’s Love

Chapter Twenty
A Mother’s Love
~Emma~

Killian had to be near Krissi now, I could feel it in my heart. At the same time I felt like something had seriously gone wrong. Felix stood off to the side and I found myself watching him, I walked over to him.
“You’ve been on watch for a while, maybe you should rest”.
Felix looked at me smirking slightly.
“What’s with the sudden interest in me?”
I sighed shaking my head leaning back against the mass of the ship.
“I know what it’s like to be alone, without a family”.

Felix shook his head.
“It’s nothing I’m not use to, Pan is my family and Krissi”.
I turned to him giving a nod.
“If that’s true, that makes us family since Krissi is my daughter”.
Felix snickered to himself.
“You’re not doing me any favors Swan, I don’t need anyone else, if your anything like your daughter you’ll be onto the next charity case in no time”.

He looked towards Amanda who was flirting openly with Will. I sighed shaking my head.
“She’s like her father, and she’s young maybe she’ll find someone to commit to someday”.
Felix smirked at me crossing his arms.
“I don’t think that one is capable of commitment, she likes men too much”.
He turned away from me heading towards the back of the ship, I followed after him.
“Did something happen?”

Felix looked at me.
“Why would it? I’m not her type, she’s more into the pirate or the fish gutter”.
I leaned on the railing next to him.
“Yeah, I guess she has a lot of growing up to do before she even figures out what she wants in a guy. But you shouldn’t hold yourself back from finding true love”
Felix kept his eyes on the water.
“It was hard for me to accept that I was in love with Killian”.

I looked at Felix and smiled at him.
“Sometimes, we have to hit rock bottom before we find what we’ve always had”.
Felix laughed turning towards me.
“Are you trying to set me up with your kid?”
I shook my head.
“No, but I think that there is love waiting for you back in Story Brook. Just don’t turn your back on it”.
Felix smirked at me.
“You mean, something worth fighting for? Someone coming to save me?”

I looked at him nodding.
“Yes, we all need something to fight for Felix, I had a hard time accepting that when I learned about all of this. Just don’t turn your back on the possibility of change”.
Felix looked at me and I could see the blank stare I knew all too well. I had one just like it at his age, it came with the acceptance of the fact that no one would ever love me. Felix didn’t say a word as he turned away from me, I frowned watching him, and I honestly felt badly for him. I turned back towards the front of the ship heading towards Will and Amanda who was steering the ship with his help. I walked towards them taking Amanda by her arm.
“We need to talk”.

She looked at me with that “Mom you’re embarrassing me” look on her face, I heaved her away from Will and taking her below deck. I crossed my arms looking at her.
“I get that your sixteen and every cute guy who crosses your path becomes the love of your life, but we are not on vacation here! We are on a mission to save your sister!”
Amanda looked away from me.
“I know that Mom, I like Will ok?”
I shook my head.
“No, it’s not ok because he has a wife! And a son!”

Amanda frowned at me tears coming to her eyes.
“How could you say something like that?”
I stepped in closer to her.
“Because it’s the truth! You didn’t even take the time to find out for yourself! You need to stop obsessing over every guy you cross paths with!”
Amanda’s eyes narrowed at me.
“Well I’m sorry I’m not perfect!”

I shook my head.
“Amanda I’m not asking you to be perfect! I’m asking you to be responsible! To care about your image and what people think of you, if you want to be your sister’s guardian as much as you say you do, then let that be your focus! Because I can’t stand here anymore and watch you flirt with guy after guy while your sister’s life is in danger!”
Amanda looked stunned by my words.
“So you’re saying I have to choose between having a personal life and protecting my sister?”

I nodded.
“That’s exactly what I’m saying Amanda, you wanna be a “Savior” that means not having a life of your own, everyone else comes before you. Being the savior isn’t all it’s cracked up to be Amanda, but if you truly love Krissi, it’s worth the effort to change your ways and focus on being a guardian. Right now you’re nowhere near ready for that responsibility”.

Amanda gaped at me in horror.
“Are you saying that I won’t be getting us into the realm?”
I nodded.
“Yes I am, you’re not ready for the responsibility”.
“Mom!”
She roared at me stomping her foot and proving my point.
“I’m Krissi’s twin! I should be the one to save her!”

I narrowed my eyes slightly.
“And I’m her mother! Did you forget that part? Protecting Story Brook, braking curses, I’m the one who does those things. Maybe when you’ve grown up a little you’ll be ready, but until that day saving and protecting your sister is my job”.
“I hate you!”
Amanda roared before taking off, I sighed shaking my head.
“Hard to believe we missed out on those years”.

I turned to my father and smiled at him.
“Lucky you”.
I laughed walking over to him.
“She’ll be alright, you did the right thing. Fighting evil isn’t something a sixteen year old should be doing, though we can’t stop Krissi she’s kind of fated to fight Maleficent no matter what we do”.

I nodded sitting down on the step.
“That’s why I’m going to start training her myself, teach her how to fight with and without magic, what I should have been doing all along”.
My dad sat next to me placing his arm around my shoulders.
“We’ll all help Emma, it’s time for us to face this fate as a family”.

I looked at him and smiled. It was nice to have them on my side this time, but in the end I knew that Krissi was the only one who could really fight Maleficent and that scared the hell out of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3