Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Twenty-One More than yourself

Chapter Twenty-One
More than yourself
~Felix~

“I hate my frigging mother!”
Amanda roared as she slammed her fist into the wall wincing afterwards shaking out her hand. I smirked at her rolling my eyes.
“Sounds like the spoiled Princess didn’t get her way again”.

Amanda narrowed her eyes at me holding her hand.
“Shut up! I don’t need you to start in and tell me what a horrible person I am too!”
I walked over to her grabbing her hand, she winced narrowing her eyes at me as I ripped my cloak using the fabric as a bandage around her hand.
“Did your mother use those words?”
Amanda diverted her gaze tears rolling down her cheeks.
“You really have no idea how lucky you are do you?”

Amanda growled at me getting up.
“Lucky? How can you say that seeing the way they treat me!”
I stood crossing my arms.
“By telling you that you’re not ready for what it is your mother’s done a million times over? By saying that you are too young to fight an evil you have no business being near? Or by asking you to think about how it looks when you flirt with every man you come into contact with?”

Amanda growled at me.
“Your just like them Felix! I thought you were on my side! You have no idea how helpless I feel!”
I crossed my arms narrowing my eyes at her.
“Do you even hear yourself when you talk? “MY” Side, how helpless “I” feel. The whole damn world revolves around you doesn’t it? But when you’re protecting someone. When you give your life for someone, that person has to become your whole world, nothing else matters but them”.
Amanda laughed looking away from me.
“What do you know about protecting anyone? You’re a lost boy”.

I narrowed my eyes at her grabbing her and pinning her against the wall hard. Amanda gaped at me.
“I had a sister, she was my twin. We did everything together, I also had a perverted drunk for a father. He liked to do things to my sister!”
Amanda gaped at me tears coming to her eyes.
“One night, I wasn’t home and he ended up killing her. Do you have any fucking idea how lucky you are now Princess? Two parents who would die for you! An older brother to laugh and have fun with! And a twin sister who’s still alive! You act like you wanna save the world, but the only one you give a damn about saving is yourself. As long as there’s a cute guy at the end of the day and someone there to pat you on the back and praise you for a job well done”.
I let her go narrowing my eyes at her.

“You’ve never been alone, you’ve never been desperate and empty inside. But I have, your sister has and so has Pan. Hell even your mother has! But you stand there and act like the world owes you something because YOUR sister is trapped, she’s Henry’s sister too, your mother’s daughter! Your grandparent’s granddaughter. And my friend. She’s something to everyone not just you, when are you going to open your eyes and realize that the world doesn’t revolve around you and what you want. It’s a cold cruel place where bad things happen, and the only way to survive it, is to accept that bad things are always waiting in the shadows to happen. It’s how you deal with them that makes you who you are, so far all I’ve seen you do is talk about guys your “in love” with and spaz because your mother told you the truth”.

I turned away from her, Amanda grabbed my arm.
“Wait! Felix, I’m sorry for what I said to you about being a lost boy”.
I looked back at her.
“I really don’t mean to be selfish and promiscuous, and I want to help my sister because I really do love her”.

I looked away from her.
“I don’t know if you can”.
Amanda moved in front of me gripping my hands.
“Look, all I’m asking is that you teach me. I need your help if I’m going to prove that I can protect my sister”.

I raised an eyebrow at her.
“Depends on who you’re doing the work for”.
Amanda frowned at me as she let my hands fall from hers.
“I don’t know how to protect her, so I panic and I act out. I’m selfish and bratty just like you said, I don’t know how good I have things. How good I’ve always had them. But I love Krissi, she is my twin we are connected at the soul Felix and if anyone should be her guardian. It’s me”.

I nodded to her.
“Your right, it should be you, but are you ready to put your own needs on the back burner and focus on becoming a guardian”.
I sighed crossing my arms.
“I really don’t think it’s a good idea for me to train you, why not ask your grandfather or your dad when he gets back”.

Amanda shook her head.
“Because they underestimate me Felix, you see right through me”.
I sighed looking at her, Amanda gripped my arm tightly.
“Please Felix, I know I was rude to you but, I can’t make this change without you. You were the only one to ever see anything special inside me”.
I smirked at her.
“All I saw was how much you love your sister”.
Amanda looked up at me with pleading eyes.
“And you know I’ll do whatever I have to do to save her and protect her and be a better sister. You didn’t get a second chance with your sister and I would die if something like that happened to me Felix. Please! Help me”.

The sun was braking through the clouds as I stood behind Amanda on the deck of the ship, Leroy had offered to stand in. I held my hand over hers showing her the right way to hold a sword. Amanda looked back over her shoulder at me.
“It’s heavy”.
I narrowed my eyes slightly.
“Complaining already?”

Amanda perked up.
“No, no I’m just saying I don’t know how you guys do this one handed”.
I looked at Leroy.
“Ok come at us”.
Amanda’s eyes widened as he came in on us and I moved her arm blocking the shot with the sword. Amanda opened one eye grinning.
“I did it!”
She squealed.
“Remember what I said about your feet, keep them planted you don’t want to give the person you’re fighting an inch, you want to force him backwards. Try blocking again without my help”.

I let her hand go and Amanda nearly fell over gripping the sword. I snickered to myself.
“We need a lighter sword”.
“Try this one”.
Emma said walking towards us and holding her sword out to her daughter. Amanda looked at her mother then to the sword.
“Mom, dad gave you this”.
Emma smiled at her.
“It’s ok, it’s light weight and will be easier for you to work with”.
Amanda took the sword from her mother, as Emma turned away from us Amanda moved forwards.

“Mom!”
Emma paused looking back at her.
“I love you, and I’m sorry for the way I acted, Felix is helping me learn how to fight”.
Emma crossed her arms turning towards us.
“Why did you ask him?”
Amanda looked back at me and I saw the smile on her face, she turned back to Emma.
“Cause he sees right through me, and he isn’t scared to tell me when I’m being a spoiled princess”.
Emma smirked as if she knew something I didn’t.
“Well, you two have fun”.
She walked back towards where Snow and the others were. I turned back to Amanda and the dwarfs who seemed to have joined in on our lesson.
“Grip the sword tight, remember what I said about your feet”.

Amanda nodded holding her sword she moved forwards with the move I showed her the clang of her sword locking with Leroy’s rang out in the air and she forced him to take a step backwards.
“Hey I did it!”
She squealed with delight. I smirked shaking my head.
“Try not to do that during battle, you’ll get yourself killed”.
Amanda bit her lower lip nervously.
“Oh, right.”

I continued to train Amanda and the dwarfs in the art of sword play. As the day was winding down and everyone was eating dinner I stood by the railing looking at the setting sun. We had some time before we would reach the realm of immortals. I was worried about Pan and Krissi.

“Hey”.
I looked back over my shoulder at Amanda, her hair floated on the wind, she was wearing a white dress with gold flowers on it. She walked over to me.
“I wanted to thank you, for helping me after I was rude to you”.
I looked sideways at her.
“You don’t have to thank me, if someone didn’t help you, you’d end up hurting yourself”.

Amanda laughed lightly leaning on the railing.
“I meant, thank you for helping me see beyond my own selfish petty needs”.
I looked at her as she placed her hand over mine.
“It means a lot to me Felix, thank you. Because of you I’m able to focus on becoming my sister’s guardian and besides, Will wasn’t really my type”.
I laughed at her as she blushed.
“That’s the biggest Lie you’ve ever told”.

Amanda snickered.
“Yeah, it is”.
She looked down as she stood next to me.
“But he is married, with a son. So I guess in the end he wasn’t my type!”
She beamed proudly, I looked at her and smiled.
“You’re a dork”.

Amanda laughed.
“Sometimes, but you should smile more Felix, you have a great smile”.
I looked at her smirking slightly.
“Thanks, but your still a dork”.
Amanda laughed punching my arm.
“And you’re a jerk”.

I smirked leaning on the railing.
“Only to people I like”.
Amanda smiled at me leaning on the railing next to me.
“Wow, I’d hate to see how you are with people you hate”.
I snickered to myself.
“I’m an animal”.

Amanda laughed rolling her eyes. As we stood together I couldn’t help but notice that same feeling I got that day back in Story Brook. I was quick to dismiss it, but it felt nice talking and messing around with her like this. Like we had known each other all our lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3