Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Twenty-Two Sacrifice

Chapter Twenty-Two
Sacrifice

Music played in the background as I sat at the end of the long table, dressed in a red gown complete with a tiara looking every bit like the princess I was. I kept my hands folded in my lap not touching the food in front of me. Thanatos smirked to himself as he sat at the other end of the table.

“You’re not eating”.
Thanatos said lifting his line glass to his lips, I didn’t respond or even look at him. I gripped the star locket around my neck closing my eyes as tears rolled down my cheeks.
“You know, the longer you pine for that punk of your’s the more difficult this change will be for you to accept”.
Thanatos said getting to his feet and I could hear him approaching me, his shadow casting over me as he stood in front of me. Lifting my chin so our eyes locked a smug smirk on his lips as he gripped the locket around my neck.

“Let me guess, lover boy gave this to you?”
I narrowed my eyes at him thrusting my hand out and sending him crashing back from me. I stood turning to run, but Thanatos was fast and in front of me before I could blink. He drove the back of his hand across my face knocking me to the ground.
“Your magic may work at home, but around here I am the most powerful being in existence”.
I looked up at him holding my cheek. He grabbed the locket and ripped it from my neck.
“You won’t be needing this anymore”.

I reached for the locket crying out.
“Give it back! It’s all I have left!”
Thanatos ripped it out of my reach laughing at me.
“Pathetic little tramp, he’s gone forever you will never see him again!”
He threw the locket into the fire place as the fire was blazing. I flung myself forwards going after it reaching into the flames. Thanatos grabbed me throwing me back.
“Stupid girl!”
I narrowed my eyes at him tears rolling down my cheeks.
“He is gone! Accept your fate! You are mine!”

I shook my head fighting to my feet.
“No, I will never truly belong to you, everything about me belongs to no one else but my true love. You are nothing compared to him, he will find me, he will always find me and when he does you are going to pay for separating us”.
Thanatos grabbed me by my throat driving me back into the wall hard, I looked up at him trying not to show fear. Thanatos narrowed his eyes at me.
“You think I’m scared of a smug teenager? A punk kid who couldn’t hack it as an adult?”

I looked at him swallowing hard as tears rolled down my cheeks.
“Peter is more than that, the biggest mistake you could make is underestimating him”.
Thanatos grinned at me.
“The biggest mistake he could make is coming after you”.
“Get away from her!”
My eyes widened hearing that voice, tears trickled down my cheeks as Thanatos looked back over his shoulder at Peter. He looked out of breath but he still smiled as our eyes locked, I smiled back at him.

“You’re a foolish boy Pan”.
Thanatos said turning towards him as he drew his sword.
“Because now, you are going to die in front of her, I was trying to spare her watching the man she loves die in front of her. But you leave me no choice”.
I looked between them as fear and panic built in my chest.

“No! Don’t touch him!”
I cried running forwards, Thanatos threw me backwards and I slammed into the wall hard. Thanatos kept his sword pointed at Peter who stood his ground eyes narrowed at him. He drew his sword never taking his eyes away from Thanatos.
“This is a dangerous road you’re going down Pan, before you continue any further, you have to ask yourself. Are you willing to die for her?”

Peter didn’t hesitate to answer.
“Yes”.
I looked at him tears rolling down my cheeks.
“I would gladly die to protect her”.
Thanatos laughed at him circling him with his sword drawn.
“Then I look forward the slaughtering you”.
I got up looking between them.

“Peter don’t! “
I cried, Thanatos looked at me throwing up his hand, chains shooting out of the wall wrapping around me pulling me back against the wall. I struggled trying to fight free. Peter kept his narrowed gaze fixed on Thanatos. Without warning Thanatos lunged forwards locking swords with him. Peter and Thanatos now locked in a duel to the death. Peter kicked Thanatos backwards throwing out his hand using magic now. Thanatos growled deflecting the attack and started using his own magic sending Peter flying across the room.

“NO!”
I cried trying to free myself. Thanatos laughed as he seemed to fly across the room towards where Peter was, Peter rolled out of the way before Thanatos could attack him. He threw up his hand again this time nailing Thanatos with a razor sharp blast of energy that cut his cheek. Peter sprang to his feet running across the room towards me using his magic to slice through the chains, I fell into his arms hugging onto him tightly. He looked down at me and smiled.
“I told you I would find you”.
I smiled up at him cupping his cheek, I wanted to stay with him like this. But Thanatos wasn’t finished yet, he ripped Peter and I apart sending me flying one way and Peter flying another.

“Enough! She is mine now!”
Thanatos smirked at Peter as he tried to get up, dazed from the attack. I looked between them struggling to get up but I felt like I had been drugged. As Thanatos brought his sword down on Peter it was blocked, I gaped in a daze not believing my eyes.
“Jack?”
Jack grinned as his sword locked with Thanatos’s blade.
“Just passing by love”.
He said kicking Thanatos backwards. I looked at him in shock.
“What are you doing here?”

Jack blocked Thanatos’s next attack with his sword knocking him back again.
“I was thinking, and I realized I could be the only Pirate in the world to lock swords with a God”.
I got up holding my side looking between them.
“You have to get Peter out of here Jack!”
Jack slashed Thanatos backwards again.
“Distract him then”.
I threw out my hands paralyzing Thanatos with everything I had in me. Jack grabbed Peter who struggled.

“Get off! I’m not leaving her!”
Peter growled, I looked at Peter tears rolling down my cheeks.
“Peter go! Run!”
He looked at me struggling to reach me.
“No! I won’t leave you”.

I smiled at him through my tears.
“I will find you, always”.
He looked from me to Thanatos as I struggled to keep him paralyzed, Jack pulled Peter from the room and the moment I heard the door close I fell to my knees letting go of Thanatos. Thanatos rounded on me his eyes narrowed, I looked up at him narrowing my eyes as he came down on me with his sword, I closed my eyes thinking only of Peter. Thanatos stopped his sword mere inches from my neck.

“I have a better way of dealing with you”.
He grabbed my wrist heaving me to my feet. I stumbled after him as he forced me into a dark tower, his eyes narrowed at me.
“If you won’t do as I say, there is only one way to keep you here”.
A lush red apple appeared in his hand, his eyes fixed on me. I took a step backwards shaking my head.

“I won’t eat that”.
Thanatos moved in on me.
“You will if you want Peter to get out of this realm, I will open the gateway for them and they can leave. You however will remain here in my tower trapped in an eternal slumber”.
I looked at him tears rolling down my cheeks.
“How do I know you won’t kill him if I take that apple?”

Thanatos smirked holding out the apple.
“Because the moment you take a bite, we will be bound to our agreement”.
I looked at the apple taking a breath.
“Unless you want me to hunt them down and kill them all”.
I grabbed the apple taking a bite. Thanatos smirked at me as everything around me became a haze and I fell to the ground slipping into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3