Behind the Sea

The Ship Who Changed My World

That day was just an ordinary day for me; just another morning sun rise, another early breakfast, another hard training. Nothing was giving any signs that ship Teressa from South Lavria was going to change my everyday life. As a 16 year old boy from mafia family Abella, my life was based on training and training. Family Abella is very known across the whole island Raw that they are set in. Everyone in Family Abella worked hard to get a position in there: from peeling potatoes to killing bad guys and protecting the people who live on Raw. I too worked very hard to be in it, but because Family's Papa is my uncle, there was some little connivance (idk if this word should be here xD). But enough about Family Abella let us get to the story.
Like I said it was just another normal day for me. I was like any other morning sitting in the 'Caffe Lapis' and eating some scrambled eggs with bacon.
"Dang it!", there was a loud voice coming from the Staff Room. That voice belonged to the boss of this place, he was an older man with graying hair and mustache. He was a good man, he helped me a lot and I owe him very much. He took care of me from my very young age, because my mother died when I was 6 years old. And I never met my father, so boss was like a father to me.
"What's wrong, Boss?", I asked with my eyes full of food. Everyone I know called him 'Boss', so I too called him that. That's because he's very ashamed of his name. Even tho he has a very strong, mature figure his name is Rose. So he hides his name, and doesn't want anyone to laugh at it. So we all simply call him Boss, I guess it does suit him well.
Boss opened the door and came in with an annoyed face. "I forgot to pick up the fish from the port.", he calmly answered even tho just a second ago he was mad. "Could you go pick it up for me, Luka?", he looked at me with his dead eyes. When he has that eyes it means that even if I like it or not like it, I have to do it.
"Got it!", I swallowed the rest of the bacon and grabbed my brown coat. Even tho it was just a beginning of autumn it was very cold outside. It's always like that here. Summer is killing hot, and winter is killing cold. Believe me it's not that bad, you get used to it... well some of us. I looked at over at the sneezing lady Sarah. Sarah is around early thirties, she has long brown hair always in a pony tail. But she always acts like a man, but even when she acts like that her chest is saying the other way. Like, her chest is huge! Not like I'm staring at it or something! I'm not a pervert or something.
"I hate autumn.", I heard her say as I opened the door of the caffe. I couldn't help but laugh at her comment before I ran down the street. A couple minutes later I came to my desired location. I looked around the port to see the person I needed.
"Hey, George!", I yelled at a fisherman. Turning around to me, I could see that his face is serious. It was quite surprising to see him with a serous face. He's a 'happy go lucky' type of a person. Probably because he always has a bottle of vodka with him.
"Why the long face?", I asked getting closer to him. He sighed and then looked at the sea. There was three ships already loaded, and one was approaching.
"See that ship that's approaching?", he pointed. Nodding I looked at it. It was no other ship then Teressa, well known business ship that travels around the world.
"It's gonna start a marketing here on this island. I heard that their fish is the best, so I'm sure that the number of the people who buy from me is going to lower.", even his normal accent isn't the same. It's my first time to hear him pronouncing the words in a right way.
"Such a shame.", not moving my eyes from the ship I started,"but Boss said to me that he wont ever in his life buy something from them. So, don't worry, you'll always have us for your costumers.
He made his goofy smile and patted my head. "Yer a good boy, Goldie!", his accent was back so did his clumsy face. He calls me 'Goldie' because of my blonde hair. It's not gold, it's just yellow. It does get a shinning aura when I'm in the sun light, tho.
I looked once again at the ship Teressa, it was a lot more closer. You could see everything that was in there, a lots of boxes, barrels and crew. It looked like any other ship, except it was bigger, richer... yeah you get the point. But something caught my eye sight, something that was standing in the boat. It was a girl silhouette. Long black hair like the night, dark dull blue eyes like the sea, and pale shinning face like the sun. Her eyes had sparkles in them, yet no expression at all. She was calm yet you could see a strong aura. She was mysterious yet so easy to read. Her dark blue eyes were staring trough my soul, I couldn't move nor breath. It was like she was sucking out the life from me. Sweet, childish face of her represented a strong willed lady face at the same time. The wind was blowing yet her hair stayed perfect still. I had no idea who she was, but I felt like I knew here from the beginning. Her black hair was different from my blonde, her blue eyes were different from my brown, her white skin was different from my pink. We were so different, but yet so same. I could feel my cheeks blushing, I fell in love right there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading my story, I hope you like it.