365 Days

0.0

“Come on, it’ll be fun!”

My best friend Nicole has been nagging me to go with her to a party a fellow classmate of ours was throwing tonight. It was an ‘end of junior year’ party, and honestly, I would have jumped into an immediate yes since Nic and I loved a good party, but the thought of Roman West throwing it was enough to damper my mood.

“I don’t really feel like being the third wheel with you and Roman again,” I replied with an eye roll.

Roman and Nicole have had an unofficial ‘thing’ go on for as long as I could remember. Possibly since freshman year but I’m not one to keep track of their rollercoaster of a relationship. You’d think they’d have finally sealed the deal, done the dirty and all those shenanigans by now, but she had commitment issues and he just didn’t want to be committed. He’s broken her heart multiple times, she always went back for more, and I hated him with every fiber of my being.

“You won’t have to!” Nicole mused. I quirked a brow at her as she smirked at me. “Drew’s gonna be there.”

Andrew Millen.

Him.

“He has a girlfriend,” I reminded her.

Andrew was always so cool and laid back that it truly surprised me that he even had time for a girlfriend, let alone was interested in anyone of the female specie. His relationship was very low key and I wasn’t afraid to admit that I was slightly jealous of the girl he was dating because not only did she score one of the most perfect boys I’ve ever laid my eyes on, but he didn’t want the whole world knowing about his relationship - something I wish the past guys I’ve dated wanted as well.

“So? Roman tells me he enjoys your company.”

“And my instincts tell me Roman is full of shit,” I reply with a grin. I roll my eyes again. “He is such a toolbag, Nic; I don’t know why you’re still trying to convince me to go to his party. Of all people!”

She rolls her eyes as well and ignores me. “Come on,” she begs. “You know it’s gonna be a good one! Please? For me? I promise you that I have no intention of being anywhere near Roman West tonight knowing he probably invited a bunch of his slutty friends,” she scoffs. “Besides, I plan on lip-locking with anyone but him tonight.” She winks.

I chuckle and shake my head at her reckless, but not so surprising decision. I sigh and nod, giving in. I was agreeing not because Andrew Millen was going to be there; I was agreeing because Roman always threw the best parties with the best alcohol selections and you can never go wrong with that on a Friday night.

“Fine,” I groan. “But if I catch you anywhere near him, your boyfriend better prepare to have his balls chopped off because I won’t hesitate.”