Status: In Process

If You Tell Me to Stay, I Will Stay Right Through

Surveillance

They were still arguing in the kitchen when I made my way quietly downstairs to leave. I could feel my face flush with humiliation as I remembered the way Matt had spoken to me. He had made me feel like an immature little girl. His disappointment in me had been evident, if only he knew the truth.

I quietly opened the front door and made my way to my car. I wasn’t able to bring everything with me so hopefully he would allow me to come back and get the rest of my stuff when he had cooled down a bit.

I was about to slip in behind the wheel when I heard Brian’s voice, “Natalie,” He called out softly as he walked towards my car. His hands were in his pockets as he strode quietly over to me. Leaning his arm on my open door he said, “Where are you going to go?”

I shrugged, why did it matter to him? HIS friend was mad at. I was not his friend.

“You can’t just live in your car,” He gazed down at me, his eyes soft around the edges. It was clear that he felt a bit sorry for me.

“Oh I’ll be fine. I’ll figure something out. Maybe I can get my dorm back,” I quickly assured him.

“What about a job?”

I shrugged again.

“I need a housekeeper too you know?” He smiled gently.

I shook my head, “No Brian that’s okay. I think it’s best if I just stayed away.”

“Natalie you’re in danger remember?” He asked shifting on his feet.

How could I forget? This was perfect. I was definitely an easy target now. “I’ll be fine Brian.”
He pursed his lips, “You sure about that?” I could feel his eyes on the side of my face.

I just nodded.

“Matt’s going to regret this,” he said more to himself than to me.

“I better get going. It’s going to get dark and I need to be able to see my surroundings,” I said as I pulled my seat belt over me.

His eyes widened slightly, “Just stay with me until you figure something out?”

“No, I’ll just stay at a hotel. Thank you though, you don’t know how much I appreciate it.”

“Jimmy won’t be having this. Expect to hear from us soon,” He warned as he shut my door and stood back to watch me leave.

I decided it would be safe to stay in this part of town. After all, it was the ‘nicer’ part of it. A hotel around here would be safest, for now. It would be expensive, but I had saved up what Matt had paid me so far. I would be able to stay at a hotel for at least a week.

I pulled in to a decent hotel. Not celebrity status or anything but it was way nicer than anything I had ever stayed in. Well, besides Matt’s house.

Brian’s POV
I felt my heart strings tug a little as I watched Natalie leave. It was unlike Synyster Gates to feel sorry for anyone. I mean, I didn’t exactly feel sorry for her. I just cared.

I walked back into Matt’s, I could hear Jimmy trying to prove a point before I even reached the kitchen.

“Dude, her face…like it tears me up just thinking about it. You should’ve seen her face. She looked lost and confused and just…hurt,” I said as I walked back in.

Jimmy gave Matt an ‘I told you so’ look.

“I just got that same feeling I get when I see my little sister upset,” I said shaking my head.

“Val fucking told me that she came over to apologize and Natalie punched her in the face! What the fuck do you guys expect me do to?” Matt growled.

I rolled my eyes, “You’re stupid,” I bluntly said. Well, he was.

“Listen, you saw what Val did to her the other day. She scratched her face. And what did Natalie do back to her? NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING,” Jimmy pressed on.

“There’s a huge bruise on Val’s face! Don’t tell me you think she punched herself!” Matt exclaimed as he paced back and forth.

“At this point, I think Val is capable of anything,” I muttered.

Matt swung around to face me. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Let’s face it man, she’s not the Val we used to know. She cheating on you, she physically attacked someone, and who knows what else she’s doing,” I explained.

Matt sighed heavily, his shoulders slumped.

Jimmy suddenly gasped, we both turned to look at him questioningly, “You have cameras!” he yelled grinning.

“Cameras?”

“Duh! Surveillance cameras! Go watch the footage so we can see what really happened,” Jimmy grinned. Give it to Jimmy to always find a solution. I grinned back at him as Matt hurriedly walked out and headed to his office.

We eagerly followed behind him.

He messed with his laptop while we waited impatiently behind him. Finally, he pulled up the footage.

“How far back should I go?” he asked looking up at me.

“Probably to before Val walks in?”

He nodded once before pressing play. We watched quietly as Matt switched the footage to spilt screen. One side showed Val walking up to the front door and the other showed Natalie cleaning.

We watched as Val pulled her key out of her purse and quietly walked in. My eyes switched over to Natalie, who stood rigid. She had obviously heard someone open the door. She walked quietly to the office door and pressed her ear against it while Val stood on the other side. Natalie quickly stood back, she looked as if she was debating what to do. She obviously knew it wasn’t one of us.

Natalie stood to the side, fists raised up. As Val walked in Natalie struck out. Val’s shrill scream sounded through the speakers.

“Ohhhhh!!” Jimmy let out a laugh.

We could heard Natalie apologizing before leading Val to the kitchen. Matt quickly switched to footage of the kitchen. We watched as Natalie grabbed her an ice pack. We listened carefully to the conversation they had, soon after Val handed her an envelope and took off on seemingly good terms.

I watched as Matt’s face paled.

“She fucking lied to me,” Matt growled. He put his head in his hands. “I KICKED A PERFECTLY INNOCENT PERSON OUT OF MY HOUSE! ALL BECAUSE VALARY LIED!” he roared.

Jimmy and I stood quietly. For the first time, Jimmy stayed quiet.

“Did she tell you where she was going?” Matt turned to me.

I shook my head.

“FUCK!!” He quickly pulled out his phone to call her. “Damn it, it goes straight to voicemail!”

“I’ll call Johnny and Zack so they can help us find her,” Jimmy said as he walked out of the office.

I knew that it would take a lot more than Matt apologizing to Nat for her to come back. This had pushed her away. She was barely getting used to us and now this. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wanted nothing to do with any of us.

Natalie’s POV
I laid in bed trying to think of a solution to my homelessness, but all I could think about was Matt. I could never see him again. I wasn’t going to let myself risk being kicked out like that again.

I jumped as the hotel phone started ringing. Fuck, I needed to turn down the volume or I would be risking a heart attack.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hi Ms. Bauer, I’m calling from the front desk. A Brian Haner is here to see you?”

Oh no, how in the world did he know I was here?

“Fine, send him up.”

A couple of minutes later, Brian knocked on my door. I sighed heavily as I opened it, “Look Brian, I don’t know how you found me but-“ My voice cut off as I noticed that it wasn’t Brian at the door. It
was Matt.

“Can we please talk?” His voice shook slightly.

“I don’t think that’s a good-“ He pushed past me, cutting me off.

“I’m sorry, and I know sorry isn’t going to cut it but you have to understand the things I’m going through. I know Val lied to me now,” He grabbed my hands pleadingly.

“Matt, I appreciate you coming here to apologize but I’m not going back. I thought you trusted me. This is humiliating and I’m not going to risk getting kicked out again for something I didn’t do,” I pulled my hands away from him. “You should go.”

“Natalie PLEASE, don’t do this! I understand where you’re coming from okay? I made a mistake! It will NEVER happen again, please give me a chance to prove that to you! I like you a lot Natalie. I really do and I can’t just lose you like this,” He continued pleaded. I couldn’t give in though. I wanted to, but I wasn’t going to do it.

“You obviously don’t like me enough Matt, I’m disposable. Besides, I’m in a bad situation and I think it’s best that I don’t get close to anyone else. I’ll come back soon for the rest of my stuff,” I said sternly. I noticed his posture was slumped, not the usual high confidence posture he always displayed. My heart ached, but this couldn’t happen again.

He sighed, his breath quivered. “Natalie, please…just give me another chance-“

“No Matt, you should leave…now,” I motioned towards the door.

He slowly and reluctantly stood, “This won’t be the last time you hear from me Natalie, I swear. I’ll win you back.” He kissed me cheek and then headed out, shutting the door softly behind him.

My chest hurt and I swallowed back a sob.

I laid back down, feeling tired and overwhelmed. The dark cloud hovered over me again, this time it wasn’t for lying, but because I felt lost and alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well now Matt knows the truth. And we saw a softer side of Brian :) but poor Nat :/ I wonder if she will let her guard down and forgive Matt? Or is Jimmy going to have to intervene?

Special Thanks To:

MLPMichael
LynShiningStar
acid_rain88
SHADOWS COURTESAN

I am loving the comments!! You guys are great! :D