Status: In Process

If You Tell Me to Stay, I Will Stay Right Through

Nice Cover Up

Natalie’s POV

I was losing my touch. My instincts weren’t as good anymore. I used to be able to smell a lie a mile away. For the first time ever, my instincts had failed me. Jimmy had managed to trick me, and he had done a hell of a good job.

I couldn’t even begin to imagine how good of a criminal he would be. Maybe he had experience? I’d have to ask him about it later. He had left to go to their show they were having tonight. Something about sound check and what not.

He tried to convince me tag along but I honestly didn’t know how I would feel being around Matt. I would have to be civil with him, and that would be hard. It was extremely difficult to not give into that contagious smile. Ugh, I had made the right choice. Staying home was the best thing to do.

I glanced around at Jimmy’s living room. Unbelievable. They went through all of this just to get me to stay here. I was flattered. They actually cared about me. My stomach twisted as I remembered that Matt had taken part in this too.

I overheard Jimmy asking Zacky if he had let him know that the plan had worked.

Man, what was I going to do? Living at Jimmy’s would mean running into him eventually. Was I ready to forgive him? Absolutely not. But I knew I had to be on good terms with him at some point or it would be awkward.

Maybe I should go to the concert. Maybe show him that I was ‘getting there.’ I couldn’t show up and hang out backstage though because that would mean I actually have to talk to him. He would assume that I was ready to forgive him. I could show up as a ‘fan.’

I pulled my phone out and called the venue. I crossed my fingers and hoped they would have tickets left.

“Lucky you, we have about five left and then it’s a sold out show. How many do you need?” asked the man. It was meant to be. It had to be right?

“I just need one.” I quickly answered.

“Perfect. It will be right here waiting for you,” he assured me.

I thanked him and hung up. A grin plastered on my face. I tried to not smile as I made my way upstairs. I couldn’t be seen grinning like an idiot at the show or that would give Matt the wrong impression.

I showered and took my time shaving and what not. I wasn’t going to be close to Matt but I still wanted to look and FEEL my best.

I blow dried my hair and then straightened it. I decided on wearing some black skinny jeans, black boots, lacy tank top, and a black leather jacket over it.

I examined myself in the mirror and felt satisfied. I took my time with my makeup. I covered my lips with red lipstick and perfected my black eyeliner.

I caught myself grinning again in the mirror. What the fuck was wrong with me?

Looking at the time, I ran downstairs. I was running late. I hurriedly got in my car and took off.

Excitement and nervousness formed in the pit of my stomach making me nauseous. I took deep breaths as I pulled into the huge parking lot that was pretty much full.

My legs quivered as I stepped out of my car. I walked up to the box office and showed them my ID so I could get my ticket.

I hurriedly thanked the man and then made my way inside. I scanned the area and decided the best place to stand was to the side near the front.

Apparently the first band had already performed and the stage was being prepared for Avenged Sevenfold.

This was amazing. People of all ages wore the bands famous logo on their shirts. Some even had it tattooed.

“Oh my God, maybe Zacky will notice me if I flash him!” Some teenage girl gushed. What the fuck?

Hm. I wonder if Matt will even notice me. It was a huge possibility that he wouldn’t. Maybe I should flash him too? Oh no. Definitely not happening. Then he’ll really think I forgave him…and more.

The lights dimmed and cheers erupted throughout the venue.

Fog covered the stage so that we could only see their dark figures. I noticed his right away. Tall, muscular, and his signature hat on backwards. I felt my knees weaken.

The music started and the crowd pushed towards the front, trying to get as close to them as possible.

I stayed where I was. Luckily, all of the pushing was towards the middle and not on the sides. The sides were relatively empty because everyone wanted to be in the pit.

His voice came through the speakers and he let out a long scream.

It was amazing to watch how he interacted with the crowd. Zacky and Brian played their guitars effortlessly, as if it was second nature. Johnny head banged to his bass. Jimmy, oh Jimmy….that man was definitely a drum god.

After the third song, Matt took a minute to talk to the fans and get them pumped….and that’s when he noticed me. He stopped mid-sentence, his mouth slightly open. He quickly turned away and tried to play it off like it was no big deal, but it was too late…I knew he was watching me behind those aviators. Brian must have noticed because he took over the mic while Matt ran back to Jimmy who also looked confused.

I wanted to laugh. They thought they were being slick. Maybe I hadn’t really lost my touch.

As they began playing the next song I could no longer hide my smile. I could tell it pleased him because as he sang, a smile stretched out upon his features.

Oh wait, I’m supposed to be mad. I kept smiling but gave him a slight glare, which I think he understood because his smile widened. Not the reaction I expected.

The song ended and Matt paced the stage getting ready to say something to the crowd, “Thank you guys!” He yelled through the mic while wiping the glimmer of sweat off of his forehead, “You guys are fucking insane tonight! Now this next song is a special song and I want to dedicate it to someone who
I admire and care about. Natalie, this is for you!”

Oh my goodness. He dedicated this song to me. In front of everyone. The crowd glanced around as if to find someone who had ‘Natalie’ written on their forehead. Luckily, I didn’t.

I couldn’t help how happy I was feeling right now. He sure knew how to make a girl feel special. This time, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face.

After the song ended, he sent a smile my way. His dimples made the flutter in my stomach go crazy.

I stayed through the whole concert. As they finished their last song, I sent him a small wave before turning around and making my way out.

Stepping out of the venue I inhaled the fresh California air. I stood in the shadows for a minute to take in my surroundings before making my way to my car.

I saw my car in the distance and quickly made my way to it. I glanced behind me to make sure it was clear.

As I looked up to my car again I noticed a hooded figure leaning against it.

My heart thudded heavily. The person was wearing a black hoodie. His posture made me recognize him right away.

It was Matt.

These guys had a habit of making creepy appearances.

I made my way over to him. I stopped in front of him and gave him a questioning look.

He grinned in return. He was wearing his aviators and his bandana, minus the hat. He looked sexy. There were just no words for how good he looked. He looked intimidating, and for me…that was a huge turn on.

“Nice cover up,” I said gesturing towards his hoodie. "How did you even find my car so fast?"

“Ummm honestly it was pure luck. I just wanted to catch you before you left,” he cleared his throat nervously. “Thank you so much for coming. You have no idea how much this means to me. It makes me want to fight for you even more.”

He took his aviators off and looked me up and down unashamedly. “You look….you look fucking…sexy,” his voice came out slightly rough.

“Are you checking me out?”

“If I could undress you with my eyes, you would be naked right now,” He blurted out.

I gasped at his bluntness. I quickly looked away as my face reddened.

He let out a quiet raspy laugh. “Don’t look away from me Natalie,” he breathed next to my ear. “Did you dress like this for me?”

What was wrong with him?? Why was he suddenly being so blunt? It was making me nervous and turning me on at the same time.

“Maybe,” I replied, deciding on playing it safe.

He laughed quietly again. I could feel his body heat radiating off of him, which felt pleasant in the chilly night.

“I was so happy to see you here. It made my night. What made you decide to come?” He asked curiously, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear and making me visibly shudder. I mentally cursed at myself. Why couldn’t I be confident and put together like him? Why did I have to be such a wimp? He couldn’t even touch me without me having some sort of mini seizure.

“I just…figured…it was a good idea,” I slowly and vaguely let out.

“Hm. You can be honest Natalie. I know you haven’t forgiven me yet,” He said quietly, putting his finger under my chin and making me look up at him.

“You’re right, I haven’t,” I said as sternly as I could, but my voice came out weak and shaky. I’m so stupid.

He tried to hide his grin. He knew the effect he had on me.

Voices started getting closer as fans were getting in their cars to leave.

“Good show, by the way,” I complimented him.

“Thank you Natalie, I’m glad you liked it,” He smiled. “I better get going, um….would you mind dropping my off at the back of the venue? If I walk over there now I’ll get recognized. They’re everywhere.” He said looking over his shoulder. He took the keys out of my hand and put his hand on my lower back, leading me to the passenger’s side. “I’m driving.” He said when he noticed my confusion. I just nodded and got in the car. He made his way back to the drivers side.

He turned the car on and the proceeded to drive to the back…..with his hand on my thigh. I felt like an electric current was sitting on my leg. The spot felt unbelievably warm and tingly.

As he pulled up to the back, we both got out of the car.

We met at the front of my car. “Can I see you again soon?” He asked quietly bringing my knuckles up to his lips and lightly kissing them. What was he doing to me? He was trying to charm me. I couldn’t let it work!

“We’ll see,” I answered vaguely again.

He nodded with a smile on his face.

I walked around him to get into my car when he suddenly grasped my hips and brought me back in front of him. “Matt what-“

I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. The kiss was quick but he kissed me hard….like he meant it.

Before I could even react he walked away laughing quietly…a satisfied grin on his face.

“YOU CAN TRY ALL YOU WANT MATTHEW!!! BUT IT WON’T BE THAT EASY!!” I yelled after him seeming as appalled as I could when, in fact, I had butterflies in my stomach.

Throwing his head back he let out a loud booming laugh that echoed into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do guys think of Matt's behavior? I would fall for his charm in a heart beat...all would be forgiven hahaha!

Special Thanks To:

SHADOWS COURTESAN
JamieJo
acid_rain88
Killjoy Shadows
NikkiFoxy8

Thanks so much for the comments!!! :D