Status: In Process

If You Tell Me to Stay, I Will Stay Right Through

Oh Please, I Don't Hate You

“Heyyyy….I was looking for this!!” Jimmy beamed as he held up a black t-shirt. I was in the process of trying to clear his living room of all the mess they had strategically placed EVERYWHERE. He was supposedly helping me but wasn’t doing a very good job since he kept getting distracted.

“Jimmy, you have like a million black shirts,” I pointed out.

He shook his head vigorously, “But none of them are like this one!”

“She doesn’t understand us dude,” Brian added.

I shook my head and kept cleaning. I had managed to fill up about three trash bags so far. They still had no idea that I knew about his plan. Honestly, I wanted to see how long before they came clean.

“So, what’s new Nat? Tell me all of your secrets!” Jimmy grinned as he lay sprawled out on the floor.

“I don’t have any Jimmy,” I said laughing.

“Oh please! Everyone has secrets. Tell me, how do you feel about M. Shadows?” Brian asked wiggling his eyebrows.

“I plead the fifth,” I replied, throwing a pillow at him.

“You’re no fun! He likes you a lot you know? He was pretty broken up about the whole thing that happened. And ohhhhhh man….you should’ve seen how happy he was that you showed up last night. He was grinning from ear to ear and talking about you nonstop!” Jimmy informed me.

“Oh yeah? What was he saying?” I asked curiously, literally feeling my ears perk up.

Jimmy’s eyes shined with excitement at my curiosity. “Well first of all, he went on and on about how he couldn’t believe you had shown up. Then, he was trying to read your body language….he was pretty much acting like a teenage girl. He was like, ‘She had her arms crossed over her chest…what does that mean? That she’s still mad right? But if she showed up then she can’t be TOO mad.’ It got annoying after a while. Honestly though, we’re glad that he is moving on,” Jimmy said in a serious tone.

“Well I figured it was the right thing to do,” I said as nonchalantly as I could. Inside I was jumping for joy.

“Zacky predicts that you two will get married,” Brian grinned.

“You all are getting ahead of yourselves. We’ve never even gone out on a date. Are you sure it was Matt acting like a teenage girl and not you guys??” I said rolling my eyes.

“Synyster Gates does not act like a teenage girl,” Brian said pointing his finger at me.

I shrugged, “You had me fooled.”

“You two are like brother and sister, it’s great!” Jimmy laughed.

I decided to ignore them as they started discussing ‘the chicks from the show.’

As I was setting down some dishes into the kitchen sink, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

It was a text from Matt. ‘Hey beautiful. Hope you’re having a good day. I can’t stop thinking about you and can’t wait to see you again.’

My cheeks flushed. What should I say back? He made this so difficult.

‘Hey, hope you’re having a good day as well. Maybe we’ll see each other soon.’ I pressed send and took a deep breath.

Within seconds he replied back, ‘Oh we will.’ His words were short and simple. I could almost hear him saying them to me.

I decided it was safer to not text back and tried to busy myself and my mind with cleaning.

Oh but what did he mean we will?? Was he planning on showing up to Jimmy’s?

My phone rang loudly in my pocket, I pulled it out hoping it wasn’t him. It said Unknown Caller.

Hm. “Hello?”

“Natalie Bauer.” Answered a deep voice that I knew all too well.

“What do you want?” I asked making my voice come out a little lazy…as if he was my last care in the world.

“I’ve been watching you-“

“Oh I know,” I quickly cut him off, showing him that I had the upper hand. “The black suburban with dark tinted windows? And of course, how could I forget? The other day at the pier? Following me to my school. And WOW you managed to get my number, I’ll give you props for that one. You’re getting a little annoying if you ask me. Haven’t you got something a little better to do?” I laughed mockingly.

“Listen bitch, you’re going to pay for what you did to my brother. Do you understand?” He roared into the phone.

“Well how nice of you to give me a courtesy call,” I replied confidently and quietly, keeping my tone neutral. My heart was racing along with my adrenaline. “Now, you listen to me. This is getting old. I’m on to YOU. I’m two steps ahead of you. You are fucking with the wrong person. Come within five feet of me and I’ll send you right to where I sent your brother.”

His breaths sounded like gasps, I was pushing his buttons. “You’ve been warned Bauer,” He said before hanging up the phone.

My hands shook as I ran them through my hair, not because I was scared but because I was itching to get back in…to put this guy in his fucking place and do what I do best.

“You okay?” A raspy voice came from behind me. So that’s what he meant about seeing each other soon. Despite everything that was going on right now, his presence felt so comforting.

I turned around to face him and nodded, “I’m fine. He just showed me how weak he is.” I scanned his features, he looked sad….helpless almost.

Matt sighed and leaned against the kitchen counter, “So what now?”

“Technically, there’s nothing I can do. Only the detectives on the case can do something. I’m no longer a police officer remember? He just doesn’t know that,” I replied as I began pacing in front of him. “How long were you standing there?”

“I heard everything. I was coming to surprise you and then your phone rang. Are you sure you’re okay Natalie? You look….flustered,” He asked worriedly.

“I’m okay, I’m just frustrated. I wish I could be the one to put an end to this,” I admitted.

“It’s okay to be scared. You know that right?”

I nodded. I wasn’t scared though. Not yet.

“Please come back home with me? I want you as close to me as possible,” He pleaded grabbing my shoulders and pulling me closer.

“Matt that just complicates things. I need a job. Wouldn’t it be weird for me to still be your housekeeper?” I asked him. It was true. That was an awkward situation.

“We’ll figure something out Natalie. Plus, we’re going on tour soon. You can’t stay here by yourself. You can be like our tour manager. Larry, our manager said he would train you! He has a new upcoming band that needs more attention than we do. So he’s going to be with them a lot. Please? Think about it at least,” He said kissing my forehead. “If you don’t take it then he’ll have to give it to someone else.”

“You and I aren’t on good terms though,” I reminded him.

“I know that, but we’re adults. We can be civil,” He argued back. “Unless you seriously hate me, then that’s a different story.”

“Oh please, I don’t hate you.”

“Then say yes. Do it for me and for the guys. God knows we can’t ever be on time or remember when we have an interview to go to. Do it for yourself. Your safety matters. You can’t be here alone. It’s completely out of the question. You know what? If you don’t go we’re canceling the tour,” He flatly stated.

“Um are you crazy? I highly doubt the guys would agree with you on that,” I said rolling my eyes.

“HEY JIMMY!” He called out.

“WHAT?!” Jimmy yelled back.

“WE’RE CANCELING THE TOUR!” Matt cranked his neck up to listen to Jimmy’s response.

“OKAY!” Jimmy called back like it was no big deal.

“Just like that? He agrees to cancel just like that?” I questioned disbelievingly.

“Yep. Man, the fans are gonna be so disappointed,” Matt said glumly.

“Oh shut up,” I retorted, taking a few steps away from him and shaking my head. This man was insane.

His eyebrows shot up and an amused smile came across his face.

“Did you just tell me to shut up?” He asked as he took a step towards me. His smile was so wide it looked like it hurt.

I nodded and turned back to the dishes. It was quiet for a few moments. I didn’t want to look back at him just in case he was still smiling. I don’t know what was so amusing about me telling him to shut up.

Still quiet. Did he leave? My ears perked up, but I heard nothing behind me.

As I was about to turn around, my cheek was met with his lips. I instantly froze.

He was right behind me now. His body was completely up against mine. His hands were on either side of me leaning against the sink.

“Do you want to take that back Natalie?” He muttered as he slid his lips from my cheek to my ear. My skin was tingling, I was trying so hard to control my breathing.

“No,” I responded flatly. Okay, that sounded believable. Good job Bauer.

“You sure?” he asked as his hands snaked down my side and grabbed a hold of my waist.

I nodded. He needed to stop this. He had no idea what he was doing to me. Well, maybe he did….but that is exactly why it needed to stop.

“If you don’t take it back, I’m going to kiss you,” He threatened into my ear.

“Matt stop it right now,” my voice came out shaky, failing me as it had many times before. If my voice was a person, it would be such a traitor.

“Five,” he began counting.

“Listen-“

“Four,” he continued.

“Matt, I will not play these childish-“

He grabbed my hips tightly and spun me around to face him, the hurriedly leaned in and placed his lips on mine before I could protest.

That was cheating. He kissed me on four. I still had a few seconds left. But oh my goodness I couldn’t help but kiss back. His soft, warm lips against mine felt absolutely perfect.

His hands reached up behind my head and pushed me against his lips more. He kissed me so hungrily, as if he needed it.

I needed to stop though. I needed to show him that his charm couldn’t make me give in so easily. He had kicked me out of his house. I needed to remember that.

I started to pull away, as I did he snuck in a few kisses before finally stopping and leaning his forehead against mine.

“I’m still mad at you,” I reminded him. “This- this doesn’t change anything….got it?” I stammered, slightly out of breath.

He grinned widely, exposing his to-die-for dimples.

“It changes a lot of things Natalie,” He said taking a few steps back to lean against the counter again.

“It confirms that you have feelings for me….as I do for you. There’s definitely no stopping me now. I’ll let Larry know you said yes,” He winked, before I could say anything all of the guys walked in. Johnny and Zack included.

“Nat, we’re having a band meeting right here in the kitchen and you should listen in since you’re coming,” Jimmy said smiling.

“I haven’t agreed to-“

“SO NOW THEN, let us begin,” Brian spoke loudly over my quiet voice, earning quiet snickers from the guys.

They couldn’t make me go. Although, it did sound like a good idea. Still….I just felt like things would get complicated later on. If they did, I suppose I could always just leave the tour right? It was just so much to think about.

“Stop thinking so hard and just do it,” Zacky leaned towards my ear and nudged my shoulder. Right, easier said than done. I inhaled his cologne as he leaned in again, damn he smelled good, “If it doesn’t work out you can beat up Johnny,” He assured me quietly with a smirk.

“Make it Brian and it’s a deal,” I said under my breath. He reached his hand out to inconspicuously shake mine.

“You got it,” He said, barely moving his lips before shooting me a grin.

“So our first stop is in New York,” Matt began. He stopped to look around and make sure I was still there before continuing. I rolled my eyes at him when his eyes found me, making him laugh. He thought everything was so fucking funny.

What was I getting myself into? Actually, what were THEY getting me into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Man, Matt's really trying isn't he?? Natalie has a lot of self-control...if it had been me...we'll that's a different story haha.
But damn, the bad guy found out Natalie's number and is now threatening her directly. She's itching to wear her badge again but she can't! :(
Give me some feedback :)

Special Thanks To:

JamieJo
acid_rain88
SHADOWS COURTESAN
Narutoechelongirl
mforaker
Metalwhore

Keep the comments coming! I absolutely love reading them!! :D