Storm Warning

Thirteen.

Summer was going by pretty quickly. Before we knew it, a few weeks had gone by since Brooke and Taylor were in town and now we were getting ready for my mom and Avery to come into town. Brooke was going to come again, but couldn’t get the time off her summer job. My dad and brother decided to stay home this trip since they would be coming down during the hockey season and that was more important to my brother.

Sidney was out of town, but would be back just in time for the concert. I got ready for the day, I loved spending time with him, but I also loved my free time. I did a few errands and then headed to the airport.

I’m pretty sure everyone heard Avery when she seen me, since she started yelling. I didn’t even care because I was way too excited to finally see her and hug her. I hugged my Mom and then we headed over to the baggage claim.

“Where is Sidney.” was the first question of out Avery’s mouth.
“He’s out of town.” I said.
“When will he back.” She asked.
“Tomorrow afternoon.” I told her.
“Good. I miss him.” She said. I had to laugh.

We grabbed their bags and headed off to the parking lot. They got into my jeep and we headed off to my place. This was Avery’s first time down here, I was glad I wasn’t in school so I could spend all my time with her.

We arrived back to my placed and headed inside. They put their bags in my room, since I had just a one bed room apartment. Mom gets the bed while Avery and I share an air mattress or one takes the couch. I didn’t care if there was no room, I was just happy to have them here.

We decided to head over to the mall to grab a bite to eat and then head off the movies for the evening. It was a good way to spend our first night together. As soon as we got home, Avery was out for the night. We got her in bed, while Mom and I stay up having girl talk. I really missed my mom.

She could see how happy I was. She hasn’t seem me this happy since I first got accepted to Penn and then was able to get an internship with an NHL team. Mom knew all about my past relationships, the good and the bad ones. She could see how happy I was with Sidney, and she seen first hand how much better he was and how amazing he was treating me.

The next morning Avery was the first one up. We decided to get up and ready and head out for breakfast. We did a little site seeing. We ran into Kris and Cate with little Alex at the park, it was nice for my family too meet some of these players who are my Pittsburgh family. Avery just loved little Alex. It was really cute to see them together.

I didn’t drive back to my placed, I headed over to Sidney’s. Avery didn’t know he was back yet. I just kinda told her, we were going over to use the pool. Well we were, she just didn’t know about the surprise she was about to get.

“When is Sidney going to be here.” Avery asked as walked to the pool.
“You will see him soon enough.” I told her. “Ready to get in.”
“Yes.” She said.

We were splashing around and Avery was just like a little fish when you got her in water. She just loved it. She had her bak turned away from the pool doors, so she didn’t noticed Sidney walking out.

“Who said you could be in here.” Sidney said.

Avery couldn’t get out of the pool fast enough. She hugged his waist.
“You’re finally here.” She said. “I missed you.”
“I missed you too Avery.” Sid said.
“Ready to come in.” She asked him.
“Let’s go.” He said. He took her hand and they both walked into the pool.

Avery was stuck to Sidney all afternoon. It was the cutest thing, and he was so great with her. We stayed at Sidney’s for supper. We made it a family cooking night. Avery was pretty tried and fall asleep on the drive back to my place. It was super cute. I couldn’t wait for the next morning, it was the day of the concert and Sidney had another surprise for her. I couldn’t wait to see her face when he would tell her she was going to sound check to meet One Direction.

It was making me fall more in love with him to see everything he has been doing for not only myself, but my family as well. That meant so much to me, I don’t think he even realizes.

The next morning Avery was ready to go. Trying to tell her, that she still had a morning and afternoon to get through was like talking to a wall.

Sidney was over after we had breakfast. He asked if we wanted to go the arena with him for something to do to kill time. Avery was the first one ready to go out the door.

“I wonder if they are here.” Avery said as we walked into the arena.
“I don’t know.” I told her.

Sidney lead us to one the locker rooms. Before he opened the door, he bent down on one knee, so he was level with Avery.
“I have one more surprise for you.” He said.
“What is it?” She asked.
“Are you ready to see One Direction?” He asked. Her little eyes just light right up, she hugged him around his neck. It was super cute.
“You are the best.” She said.

He opened the door and made one little girl the most happiest little girl on the face of the earth. It was the cutest thing to see Avery interact with the band. We took a ton of photos and basically had to drag her out of there. She have Sidney the biggest hug.

“Thank you Sidney.” Avery said.
“You are very welcome.” Sidney said.
“You are pretty great.” She said.
“I think you are pretty great yourself.” He said. She held his hand as we walked out of the Arena. He stopped for a couple photos. Another girl who roughly looked the same age as Avery, who with her sister asked who he was and Avery proudly told her he was Sidney Crosby, her older sisters boyfriend and Penguins Captain.

We headed back to my place so we all could get ready for the show. I had never seen Avery this excited for anything. It was the best feeling to see her so happy.

Avery was the first one ready, I was in the bathroom fixing my makeup and our mom was in my room getting dressed. Avery was out talking Sid’s ear off and then I heard the sweetest and cutest thing.

“You make my sister smile bigger than I have ever seen before.” Avery said. “I miss her a lot but I’m glad she has you.”
“AJ makes me very happy. I’m happy I have her and now you guys.” Sidney said.
“Are you guys going to get married?” Avery asked.
“Hopefully someday.” Sidney said to her.
“I know what ring she wants. I will help you.” Avery said.
“I will keep that in mind.” Sidney said.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
thank you the comments!!