Storm Warning

Three.

Things seem like they were back to normal. Sidney was texting regularly again, the internship was going great. No one on the team had any idea what was going on behind closed doors.

What’s up?
Just at the Player signing.
Get dropped off here after.
I can’t.
Why not?
I’m with Tanger.
That’s fine.
He’ll ask questions.
Fine.
Text me when you’re done.


He always came over to my place because it was just easier, I never went to his and I was fine with that. For him asking wasn’t anything new, but I always just played it off.

I’m home.
I just was going to see if you wanted to hang out.
I have early class tomorrow.
It’s okay, too late now, lol.
Soon though,
Of course.


It started becoming some what of a regular thing with Sidney, a hook up and then not talking for a few days. Then it felt like when he wanted something, I would get a text. I played it off for the most part, since I had to see him at the arena so much.

He didn’t anything serious, so it was more of a friends with benefits. I didn’t care at the beginning since he said Friends. I wanted to be friends with him, it was nice to have someone, who was close to where I was from and all that.

When the friends part for him started to drift away, that’s when everything started to go downhill. If i would mention anything, he would brush it off or get mad. It was frustrating and it wasn’t like I could ask one of the guys, since they didn’t know anything.

The girls tried to help as much as they could, but they could see I was just getting hurt. Something they knew would happen, but I never listened. I still wasn’t listening, I just kept saying that he would come around.

This went on for another month or so. I knew I was starting to get attached but I couldn’t say anything. He made it clear, he just wanted to have fun and of course, I gave in because I just wanted to be around him. Without everyone else there.

By this point, it was the middle of the season and I was close to most of the guys on the team. Closer to the guys who were close to my age and single, because I would see them out and it was always nice to see them being able to be just young guys.

There was a few times, I know I could have cut down on being flirty, but I wasn’t taken so I didn’t think anything of it. Someone else had a major problem with. Sidney got really mad when he found texts of myself and another player being very flirty.

“AJ, how could you do this” Sidney asked
“It was nothing, it was a little fun. It’s not a big deal.” I said back.
“He’s my teammate, basically like a brother.” Sidney said.
“I didn’t think of that. You didn’t care before.” I said.
“If you want to still do our thing, this has got to stop.” Sidney said.
“Fine.” I said.

I was just so mad, I didn’t care. I had a two week school break, so I was going home. I wouldn’t have to deal with him for at least those two weeks. It would good idea. I was excited to see my family and friends back home, since it had been so long since I last seen them. I moved away, but nothing will ever replace home.

My best friends from back home, didn’t like the idea how Sidney was treating me and also agreed that I should just leave it and move on. I wanted to, I knew I should have but he had this charm about him, that I just kept going back.

Sooner or later, it was going to end and by the way things were going, this was not going to end well.

Break was over and it was time to head back to Pittsburgh. I got a few texts from Sidney, but nothing major. It was almost like how he was in the beginning, where he was being a good friend. That of course, brought me back in. I was so happy to have the friend part of him back.

When I first got back, of course I got sucked back in. But, I also didn’t let him get his way all the time. When he was text late at night, I would ignore it. That only latest so long, before I couldn’t say no anymore. That charm just sucked me back in.

Once again, it was just some random hook ups. You wouldn’t even think these two people cared at all. When once of them cared way too much.

The season was coming to an end, and once agin, it was starting to take a toll on me. It was getting so hard to be happy around the rink around Sidney.

“What’s wrong AJ.” Kris Letang asked one day while I was walking towards my car.
“Just stressed with school.” I said.
“You know you can talk to me. I know you are lying.” He said.
“I’m fine. Don’t worry.” I said with a smile.
“If you say so.” Kris said.

I headed home, and started working on a final assignment. Sidney was texting, and I just couldn’t deal with that right now.

The girls came over and tried to be as helpful as they possibly could. I just cried, but in a way it was good to get it all out. I knew things had to change. As much as I wanted Sidney, he just wanted one thing and I couldn’t give in anymore. It wasn’t going to end well, if I kept this up.