Storm Warning

Seven.

The second round of playoffs started against the New York Rangers. Sid and I were still hardly talking, basically only when we had too.

It was a little awkward but I tried so hard to make sure it was not like that around the team.

I didn’t need that right about now and Bennett and Letang were really the only two who knew the full story. Beau was super sweet during the whole situation, he was the perfect shoulder to cry on. Since at the end of the day, I still wanted to be with Sidney.

I knew how playoffs were, they were tough mental and physically on a player. I wanted the Penguins to win, so of course I didn’t bother Sidney as much as I wanted too.

He tried texting me, but he never said anything about the fight. Mostly about a hang out, so I knew what he wanted and I was not letting that happen.

When the second round was over, it was not how the Penguins wanted. Losing 4 games to 3 against the Rangers. Their season was over. I hated saying goodbye. I still had a few more things to get finished up before I was able have a small break since I would be staying in the area for the summer.

I was already finished school so once the end of the year stuff was done, it was back to Cole Harbour for a few weeks. I was excited to go back, and see my family and friends.

I knew Sidney would be around. I still hadn’t asked him when, I cared but wouldn’t let him know.

About another week and half went by. I finally got word from Sidney while I was at Kris and Catherine’s babysitting Alex.

Are you going to ignore me this whole summer?
I don’t know.
We will be in Cole Harbour at the same time.
Okay.
Can you stop acting like this?
I don’t have much to say to you.
Can we not do this over a text message.
I guess. I’ll be home in a bit.
Okay.

I could just forget to text him later and not have to deal with it. But of course, I wouldn’t.
I didn’t want another yelling match, but things had to be fix. Either he steps up or this is over and I move on.

How would that be for next season? It was still early but I knew I would have to deal with that soon enough.

A little while later Kris and Catherine returned home. They knew everything, but decided to what and see how my night with Sidney went before talking about it to other people.

I arrived back home and told Sidney I was home and it would be a good time to come over. It wasn’t look long before he was standing at my door way. I let him inside.

“Hi.” He said.
“What do you need to talk about.?” I asked.
“Can we at least try and be civil?” He asked.

I was kinda bitchy towards him, but I had a right too be.

“I don’t want to be on bad terms with you.” He added.
“I’ve doing everything, you have asked.” I began. “I don’t know what else to do. I can’t be unhappy anymore.”
“You shouldn’t be unhappy.” He started. I cut him off.

“Sidney, do you realize how you treat me? I’m only good enough for you, when it’s best for you. It doesn’t matter how I feel.” I started. “You say I overreact but I wouldn’t if you actually tried to care.”

“I do care.” He said.
“You don’t show it. It needs to be shown. You can’t just pick up the phone and send a message and then hang out and have sex.” I began. “If you need this to be a real thing, a real relationship. More needs to be done.”
“I’m trying here AJ.” He said. I rolled my eyes. “Why you rolling your eyes?”

“You yelled at me for talking to a friend. I don’t see how you are trying.” I began. “It seems like you are trying everything to make this not work.”
“It just seemed like you were.” He said.

“Are you serious?” I asked. “I am allowed to have guy friends, and some may just happen to be on this team. You can’t get mad every time I talk to a male.”
“How do I know you won’t leave me for them?” He asked.

After everything that I have done for him and been through, I couldn't believe he actually though about that question. That truly hurt. Tears started to form in my eyes. This could be the very end as much as I didn't want it to be.

“Please tell me you don’t actually believe that?” I asked.
“I don’t know. It could happen.” He said.
“After everything we have been through and everything I’ve done.” I said. “I can’t even believe that idea would come to your head.”

I just started crying, the tears were falling my eyes and as much as I wanted them to stop, it just wouldn’t happen.

“This kills me, but if you do have that idea then it must mean that you don’t trust me.” I said.
“I trust you.” He said.
“Do you actually want to be with me?” I asked.
“Yes.” He said.
“Act like it.” I began. “This is my final straw. I can’t deal with this anymore. You either want to be with me and trust me or I am gone.”

It killed me to say those words. But it had to be done. It was in his court now. He knew what I wanted.

“I don’t want you out of my life.” He said.
“What do you want then?” I asked.

He took me by surprise. He walked over to me and grabbed my waist, he pulled me in close. He bent down and kissed my lips.

“I want you.” he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy
xoxox
thank you for the comments :)