Storm Warning

Nine.

I was excited to be back home in Cole Harbour. I hated being away from my family, but it was apart of the career path that I wanted. I could have fast forward my semester and got an internship with the Halifax Mosseheads but I wanted to be in the NHL.

I would be at home for a week before Sidney would be home. I was excited to have this time alone with my family and friends and then have time to show him off.

My mom knew most of everything that happened, my father didn’t. I was a Daddy’s girl, so I didn’t want things to be awkward between Dad and Sidney. My mom was the reasonable one. She just wanted me to be happy and if that was to be with Sidney, then she would give him the benefit of the doubt.

I was excited to see my parents when I walked into the Halifax airport. I hugged them tightly. We got my suitcases and headed home. It was surreal being back.

I was the oldest of four. I have a younger brother and two sisters. They would still in school when I arrived home. My youngest sister was in elementary and had no idea that I was coming home. I couldn’t wait to surprise all three of them, but her a little more since I had been missing out on her life and she was basically a mini version of me.

I was so excited when I could hear a little voice in the kitchen and I was in my room. My mom was in my room in the corner with the camera ready. We could hear here my dad tell Avery that there was something waiting for her in my room and then we heard footsteps.

“Daddy, there isn’t anything on the bed.” Avery said. Looking at the door towards my dad.
“I don’t think you looked hard enough.” I said walking out from behind my dresser.
“Aaliyah.” She screamed running towards me and giving my a big hug. “I missed you.”
“I missed you too kiddo.” I said. “You’re so much bigger.”
“I’m growing.” She said. I was so happy to finally be able to give her a hug.

Not long after Avery was home, we were able to surprise my two other siblings, Brooklyn and Blake.

“Where’s the new boyfriend.” Blake asked at supper.
“He will be home next week.” I told him.
“Is he ready for this?” Blake asked.
“Do not even try anything.” I said.
“He has no idea what he’s in for.” Brooklyn said.

He really didn't. We all love each other, we may have a little different ways of showing it. Scaring boyfriends and girlfriend is a very popular thing in this family.

Getting Avery to bed was not the easiest thing, so it was lucky it was a Friday night and she wouldn’t have to get up early for school. She was stuck to my side all night, most people would think it would be annoying having a little 8 year old following them but I loved it. We fell asleep in my bed watching Frozen. It was a perfect first night home with my family.

Saturday afternoon was spend as a mother-daughters day. We went to the mall and then had a nice dinner out, just us 4 girls.
The evening was spent with two of my best friends, Spencer & Hannah. It was so nice to finally be able to talk to them face to face and not through a text or FaceTime.They knew everything that has been going on, they were updated very well. It would mean for an interesting meet with Sidney. They didn’t want to see me hurt.

It was great finally being around everyone, the family visits and friend catch up times made the week go by even faster. I was getting really excited to see Sidney. His family was picking him up at the airport. I would see him after that. It felt like it was forever.

I heard Avery talking but had no idea who too, till she walked into the living room on my phone.

Hi Sidney. This isn’t Aaliyah. It’s Avery.
Hello Avery. How are you?
I’m good. When do I get to meet you.
Soon. Is your sister there?
Yes. Just once second.

She didn’t try to mute the phone as she handed it to me.
“Tell him to hurry up and get over here. I need to see if he as cute as everyone says he is.” Avery told me. I just started laughing.

Hey Babe.
And thats your 8 year old sister?
Just wait till you meet everyone else.
I’m just leaving my parents now. I should be there in about 20.
See you then.

I hung up the phone and headed to my room. I stopped putting so much effort into impressing him but I did fix up my makeup and hair so I wouldn’t look like a complete mess.

Finally I heard the door bell ring and everyone heading towards the living room. Then I heard that little voice again and once again busted out laughing.

“You really are as cute as everyone says.” Avery said.
“You must be Avery.” He said bending down to her level. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”
“You too.” Avery said.

I walked out and gave him a huge hug. We walked into the living room, since everyone was waiting for this moment.
“Family. This is Sidney. Sidney, this is my family.” I said. “Now Goodbye.”
“You are not getting off that easy.” Blake said.
“That’s Blake. That’s Brooklynn.” I said pointed to them.

My dad stood up to shake his hand.
“It’s nice too finally meet you, Mr. Fraser.” Sidney said.
“You too Sidney.” My dad began. “Please, just call me Mark. This is my wife, Anna.”
“Nice too meet you as well Mrs. Fraser.” Sidney said.

“Everyone has now meet. Can we leave now.” I asked.
“You get him all the time. He should spend time with us.” Brooklyn said.
“You made my girlfriend sit through family time. It’s your turn.” Blake said.

“We can just run now, if you want.” I told Sidney. He smiled.
“I think family time is wonderful.” He said.
“I hope you are ready for this.” I said as we took a seat in the living room.

My father and brother asked a million hockey questions. My mother and Brooklyn asked about everything else. Avery asked if he had a brother or knew a teammate for her.

He took everything just fine. He was fitting in so well. My family really liked him. This was a very good sign.

One family down. One more to go.

Tomorrow it would be my turn to Meet the family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who has been reading this story :)
Merry Christmas to you all <3
enjoy.
xoxoxo