Status: In Progress

Camp HalfBlood

Chapter 7 - Curing the Tree

Hours after Chiron and Madison returned from their mission, the group returned with the Golden Fleece. Chiron summoned all campers to the tree for the healing. Clarisse was standing next to the tree waiting on Percy to place the Fleece upon the tree's roots but he handed it to her instead, "This was your quest," Percy offered. Clarisse gladly took the Fleece from Percy's hands and laid it upon the trees roots. The campers watched as a shimmering seemed to go through the entire tree and the barrier went up once again, protecting the camp. Madison, Annabeth, Tyson and Grover cheered with the other campers. After a few moments, everyone began to head back to the mess hall for a celebratory meal. "Are you coming, Annabeth?" Madison asked as she noticed her friend take a seat next to the tree. Annabeth smiled in return, "I will be around but I wanna spend some time with Thalia first. See you over there," she said with a wave. Madison ran to catch up with Percy and Grover.

As the campers sat laughing and enjoying their meal, Percy heard Annabeth shouting, "What's going on?" he asked as he got up and ran back to the tree followed quickly by Chiron, Madison, Grover, Tyson and Clarisse. "Annabeth, what is the matter?" Chiron asked but faltered as soon as they were close enough to see what she had been yelling about. "Thalia?" Grover questioned as the group stared at Thalia, standing in front of them, alive. "I suppose that Fleece was more powerful than we imagined," Chiron reasoned as he always needed some kind of explanation for things. Madison, Percy and Tyson had nothing to say as they stood there, speechless. They hadn't known her alive but now the prophecy could be about her and not Percy. "Come Thalia, we have much to catch you up on," Chiron stated as he ushered her away, leaving the rest of the group to stare questioningly at each other.