Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

11

“Well that was a rush,” he mumbled after pulling away, his eyes still closed.

I giggled. “You better get back to the rest of the guys. Don’t you have soundcheck or whatever?”

“Ah, shit, yeah, I do!” he said, grabbing my hand, and starting to run. I laughed, again, and tried to catch up with him. For such a quiet guy he sure could run.

We got back to the gang, and most of all a disgruntled Brendon. “Where the heck have you been George?” Ryan winced. I stared for a moment and started giggling. Eventually my giggles turned into hysterical laughter. Ryan grunted and sat down on a bench near the stage that was set up for the shows later, tuning his guitar.

“Since when is your name George?,” I questioned once my laughter went down. I gave him a light nudge on the shoulder and he sighed. I sat down on the bench next to him.

“Yeah, it’s my actual first name. But it reminds me too much of my dad. I prefer being called Ryan,” he explained, without actually looking at me. I gave him a tight hug. After a second or two, he grasped the concept that I was hugging him, and hugged back. I pulled back
slightly, but he didn’t exactly remove his arms. I brushed away a piece of hair that had made its way in front of his eyes. The whole time, our eyes didn’t disconnect.

“Thank you,” he said. “Why though?”

“What? The hug?,” I asked.

He nodded. I smiled, to which he returned one. “To thank you.” He looked confused. I smiled again, and laughed lightly. “I could tell, that it wasn’t easy. Telling me that. I was thanking you for trusting me enough.”

He pondered my point of view, and grinned widely. I couldn’t help but smile at his childlike face. Abruptly, he wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me to him. I was very surprised, to say the least. I circled my arms around his own thin frame and rested my head against his chest. I ran my hand along his back and it almost sounded as if his heartbeat sped up.

Once again, probably wishful thinking on my part.

He pulled away and grinned again.

“Now it’s my turn to ask; what was that for?” I asked, smiling just as widely as him.

He shrugged, “Just wanted to hug you.” I smiled, even more widely, if at all possible. He opened his mouth, as if to say something, but closed it as my name was shouted from somewhere in the distance.

“Bones!” It came again. I recognize the voice. I craned my neck, trying to figure out where it was coming from. I stood up, only to nearly get tackled to the ground. “BONES!”

I nervously giggled, not sure as to who was practically on top of me, hugging me. “I missed you, woman!” At that instant it clicked. “Christine! Oh my god!”

She got off of me, and offered her hand to help me up. I accepted it, and hugged her now that we were standing, nearly squeezing the life out of her. “Oh my god, it’s you!” I dumbly exclaimed. We jumped up and down in place together, hugging. At this point, I had started crying out of happiness when I noticed that Ryan was looking with a terribly confused expression. It was so cute.

No, bad Bones. Stop it. You’re not falling for him.

So says you.

I am your conscience, moron.

Whatever.

I wiped my eyes, failing to not severely smudge my eyeliner. “Brittany, Erin, Aimee, guys! Come here! You won’t believe this…” I called out.

Two of the three girls appeared, as if from magic from the makeshift ‘backstage’ room set up by the organizers of the carnival for the bands to get ready in , the boys also following them.

Aimee was mixed into the boys, who were all trailing slightly. Brendon was yawning, and his hair was mussed quite considerably, leading me to believe that he had fallen asleep sometime between Ryan and my reappearing. Plus, Aimee and Brendon’s hands were connected. I made a note of that. I would have to tease the two of them after the boys had performed.

“What do you want, I was having fun counting blades of grass,” Erin whined. I looked at her, my eyes incredulous to how easily she was entertained, yet expectant to see their reactions. None of them were paying attention to the girl who was half hidden behind me, seeing as they were too busy fooling around, and laughing at Brendon’s hair.

Christine cleared her throat. Brittany was the first to look up. Her mouth went slack before she shut it, and turned around to smack Erin on the arm.

“What?”, Erin snapped.

Erin’s mouth too dropped. Aimee looked up to see what was going on, not understanding why Brittany and Erin were in a stupor. Upon understanding, and seeing the subject of the two other idiots’, I mean girls’ awe, her face too took on that “oh my gosh” look.

I laughed, Christine just stood there, smiling like a git, and Erin was the first to break that trancelike expression the three held. The boys were still all thoroughly confused as to what the hell was happening here. Ryan was just looking between me and Christine and Erin, Brittany and Aimee, as if it were a shootout gunshow and he was seeing who shot first.

Apparently it was Erin. She snapped out of her standing position, lunging at Christine, engulfing her in a super-tight hug. “CHRISTINE! CHRISTINE, CHRISTINE, CHRISTINE! AHHH!” Christine and I were in hysterics. Brittany and Aimee finally realized that she was real, and we had all joined in on the hug-shriek fest. It was just like old times.

Spencer tapped Brittany on the shoulder once we had stopped jumping. We were currently all a hugging, blubbering mess of friendship. “I’m sorry to break into this wonderful Fest of Happiness, Joy and Love, but, uh, what the hell is going on?,” he nervously questioned.

Brittany giggled, wiggled out of the hug and kissed him on the cheek. Of course, he blushed a shade of red that should be humanly impossible. He smiled, however and boldly took Brittany’s hand. Now it was her turn to blush.

I really wanted to “Aw” at their little affectionate display, but I realized that we still hadn’t explained the Christine thing.

“Guys, this is Christine!”, I smiled, gesturing to the girl next to me. “Christine, this is Brendon, Spencer, Jon and Ryan.” I pointed to each of the boys in turn, all of them giving their own greeting, a wave, a smile or a “Hey.” Christine smiled back. She pulled the girls and I aside, out of hearing range of the bandboys.

“Boyfriends?”, she questioned. I snorted.

“No, of course not. “ I disclaimed while two of my friends shook their heads.
Aimee looked uncomfortable.

“What is it, Aimee? You didn’t forget where the bathroom is again, did you?” I smirked.

She gaped at me. “No, I didn’t! And that was only once…”, she trailed off.

The group laughed. I put my arm around my little Asian friend. “What is it, darling?”

She mumbled something, looking down, but I honestly couldn’t understand it. I looked to Erin to see if she caught the gist of it. She shook her head.

“Aimee, love, none of us could hear you. I’m sorry but you have to speak up a bit.”

“Bren kinda…asked me out. Backstage.” The group’s eyes got wide. Minus Christine, of course, seeing as she didn’t realize the significance of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I originally had this as one super-long chapter, but decided to split it up, haha.
Told you that you'd be in it, Christine! Ha! :P
The next one will be out in a few minutes. (: