Status: Active

Back to the Start

"And we kissed and we fought."

“So what is the longest time you guys have been away on tour?”

“Well, this one.” Kennedy said.

“But before now, we were on tour for about a year.” John said looking down at his calloused hands.

“A year?” Janette asked him.

“Yeah we traveled everywhere that year, but we also did recording in between tour dates.” Pat said grinning.

John remembered Pat loved being gone, but it nearly killed him. It kind of killed his relationship, and it definitely pushed it to the edge that it was at now.

“John,” Madison said over the phone.

“Hey babe,” John said rubbing his face. It was nearly 2 a.m. and they had just gotten back to their bus.

“I’ve been calling you all night.” Madison said with a sigh.

“I know, I haven’t been able to call you back until now. I’m sorry.”

“You say that every night John.”

He closed his eyes in his bunk. When he opened them he looked to the left and saw photos Madison had printed for him to bring with him.

“Mad, you know how my schedule is.”

“I do, but I didn’t sign up for year long tours John.”

“Was I supposed to say no?”

Madison didn’t say anything on the other line and he sighed. “I think we should talk about this when we are both calm.” He said.

“Fine, call me when you are.” He heard the click and he sighed.


“How do you guys make it through those long months on the bus?”

“Well, some nights we get to stay in the hotel, and some nights we do want to kill one another.” Kennedy said laughing.

“But we also have a room in the back of the bus we lock ourselves in if we need a few minutes.” Jared said.

“But we Skype, we email, and we call back home a lot.” Pat said nodding.

“Hey, you’ve reached Madison, I’m not here right now so leave a message and I’ll get back to ya.”

“Madi, it’s me.” John sighed and ran a hand through his really long hair. He watched as the guys set up the guitars on the stage. “I’m sorry about this morning. I know it’s really hard being there, and me being everywhere. But, I love you and I’ll be home soon. We can talk about everything then. But please call me back.”

He pushed end. “Damn it,” He mumbled under his breath.

“No answer?” Tim asked.

“Nope, she’s pretty pissed. I don’t blame her.”

“You guys will bounce back, you always do.” He said putting a hand on the singer’s shoulder.

John half smiled and nodded. “Yeah, we’ll see.”

“Hey Johnny, I know you’re rocking out right now. I’m sorry for not answering earlier, but I’m pretty upset and I’m not really sure what to say to you right now.” Madison sighed into the phone. “We definitely need to talk when you come home, but I’m not sure what else I can say right now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no...So this is the part where John and Madison's relationship is definitely on the downside.
Sorry I've been MIA, if you read my other story you know where I've been. But if not, I've been at the Phillies and Pirates games all week. My cousin is on the Pirates and got my family tickets.

I need to keep writing this to get further along, but I'll try and update in a couple of days now that my days are a little less crazy.

Let me know what you think!

Thank you to my commenters and my subscribers!