Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Mavis

"Luke told you that he likes you?" I ask. "What did you say?!"

"I didn't say anything!" Kat says to me and my jaw drops. "I don't know, Mavis. I was just too...I froze."

I smile softly and she puts her hands over her face. She looks like she's about to cry. I don't really know what to do. I place a soft hand on her shoulder as she sniffs.

"I'm so stupid." She sobs. She's never like this. Ever. She must like him. A lot. "I'm so stupid!"

"I'm sure he'll understand." I say.

"Has Ashton told you he likes you yet?"

"Yeah, he has. We're taking it...slow." I admit "I wonder what will happen when they go on tour."

"Hopefully they will invite us." Kat says. "How cool would that be?"

"Very." I grin.

If Luke told Kat that he likes her and Ashton and I are taking it "slow", I think they will invite us. I can't imagine my life without Ashton.

Kat stops crying and goes to the bathroom. As she does this, I stay in the living room and think about Ashton. I think about the days we spend together. I think about our laughs that we share.

What that boy does to me.

Kat comes back to the living room and plops herself down on the couch. She picks up the remote and turns on the T.V. Frozen is playing Kat bought that movie for me on my sixteenth birthday.

She sets the remote down and we begin to watch the movie. Olaf had just finished singing 'In Summer'. This movie always puts a smile on my face.

My phone buzzes. The text is from Ashton. I pick up my phone and text him: can't talk! watching Frozen!

He texts me back and I look at it. He says he will text me later. I set my phone down and look at Kat. She's looking at her phone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask.

"Not texting." She says. "I'm looking at the past conversations that Luke and I had."

"Aw," I grin. "Are you not angry at yourself any more?"

"I am." She says. "I need to figure out a way to tell him."

"Why don't you just tell him straight up?" I ask. "Oh Luke, I love you so much. Kiss me in the rain and let me run your fingers through your beautiful blond hair."

"Shut up, Mavis." She laughs. "He does have beautiful blond hair."

"Wow," I roll my eyes. "Say that!"

"No way." Kat says. "That's too cheesy. He will think I'm obsessed with him."

"Which you are."

"But I'm not going to tell him that!"

"Ugh, Kat. You're so...so ugh!"

"Okay, how about this? I tell luke I like him and you tell Ashton you want to be his girlfriend and we'll be even."

"Ha! Good one."

"Fine. Can we talk about something else?"

"I thought you would never ask."

This is what I love about Kat. We can talk about everything and anything that comes to mind. We can laugh about we can talk stupidly and not give a care in the world. It was great to have a friend like her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.