Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Kat

It’s been a few weeks since Luke and I went out, when he told me that he liked me. That night, after he dropped me back home, I felt really stupid. I felt stupid because I didn’t even say anything back to him in response. As much as I wanted to, I didn’t, because for one, I didn’t want to rush into it, and two, I was nervous, because it’s been a while since I’ve been with anyone. It was a Friday and I was in the kitchen fixing myself something to eat. Mavis was somewhere, probably talking on the phone with Ashton or something.

Just as I finish making myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I hear my phone chime. A text, most likely, from someone, I’m assuming Luke, Calum, or my mum, who I haven’t spoken to in a while. I place my sandwich on a paper plate and grab the plate so I could go find my phone. As I walk into the living room, I notice my phone lying in the middle of the coffee table. I set the plate down so I can reach for my phone.

A smile forms on my face as I see who it was from, Luke. He was calling. I can’t help the wide smile on my face as I swipe my finger over the bottom part of the iPhone screen so I can answer the call.

“Hello?” I say into the speaker, phone in my left hand, as I sit down on the couch and reach for my plate with the other. I tap the speaker button and set my phone down so I could eat and talk to Luke.

“Hey Kat!” I hear Luke’s voice and immediately smile at the thought of him.

“Hey Luke! What’s up?” I ask as I lift up my sandwich and take a bite of it.

“Nothing really just chillin’ with the boys, Mike’s playin’ on the X-Box, Calum is somewhere and I have no idea where Ash is, with Mavis I take it,” he laughs. “We’ve had a busy last few days, the last week, actually, and now I’m finally taking some time to relax a bit, so I thought I’d call you,” he says and I hear him yawn into the phone.

“That’s sweet, I feel special,” I smile and feel my cheeks heat up a bit.

“Do you have any plans for tonight? Wanted to see if maybe you wanted to go out and do something,” he asks.

“Uh, well no, not really,” I mumble before I take a small bite of my sandwich. “I’m just eating a sandwich and talking with you,” I tell him and let out a laugh, careful not to choke. I always tend to laugh when someone makes a funny joke or something while I’m eating, which almost always ends up bad because I end up choking practically. I cough a bit and swallow the food.

“I…yeah, I’d like that,” I tell him and fidget with my fingers a bit. I finish off my sandwich, which wasn’t that big to begin with, and set my plate to the side.

“Great! Be there to get you at six! Oh, and it’s nothing fancy, by the way,” he exclaims in a happy tone that was evident in his voice.

“You aren’t going to tell me where we’re going, Hemmings?” I joke with him and prop my feet up on the coffee table in front of me.

“Nope, isn’t that the point of a surprise, Kat? To not know where you’re going and be surprised...” Luke says with a laugh.

“Guess you’re right,” I mumble and pout a bit even though he couldn’t see me. I’ve always been one to hate surprises. Over the years, I’ve almost always managed to find out if someone has something planned for me, or if Mavis or someone bought me something. I’ve always figured it out somehow, it’s all about timing and luck, I guess.

“See ya in a bit Kat!” he says into the phone and we say our goodbye’s before the call ends. I smile as I stand up and grab the plate so I can toss it in the trash bin in the kitchen. After I toss my trash into the bin, I go to my room so I could get ready. Luke will be here soon, so I don’t have much time to waste. I walk over to my dresser and grab some fresh lingerie so I could go hop in the shower.

After I finish up in the shower, I slip into my lingerie I picked out and walk into my room so I could find something to wear. I walk over to my closet and pull the door open. For the next few minutes, I try to rummage through my closet to find something to wear. It takes me a while, about ten minutes, but I decide on some skinny jeans that were pretty worn out in the knees and a tank top, to go along with my favorite pair of lace up boots.

I put on my outfit and walk back into the bathroom so I can finish doing my makeup. A few minutes go by and I finish up, doing it just how I like. It wasn’t too much or too little. All I had left was to slip my boots on and I was ready to go. I grab my boots as I walked back into my room and hold onto them in my hand as I go over so I can put them on.

Just as I sit down on the edge of my bed to slip them on and tie the laces, the doorbell goes off. The noise sounds throughout the house. Luke was here, already? I smile to myself as I slip on my boots and begin to tie them so I wouldn’t trip on the long black laces. Even though I was all the way upstairs, I could still here some words being spoken between the two but I couldn’t make out what the two were saying.

“Kat! Luke’s here!!” I hear Mavis call from downstairs.

“Send him up!” I yell back in response.

I smile as I put my boots on and tie each of the laces in a knot so I wouldn’t trip on them. After I lace them up, I go over and grab my purse that was hanging off the handle on my dresser. There’s a light knock on the door.

“Kat? You in here, love?” I hear Luke question.

“In here,” I reply as I put the bag over my shoulder, iPhone in hand.

The door creaks open and I glance over to see Luke standing in the doorway, a nervous smile on his face. I can’t help the smile on my face as I look back at him. He stood there, a pair of black jeans that resembled my own I was wearing, and a ripped band shirt, black high-top Converse on his feet.

“You ready to go?” he questions, a cute nervous-looking smile on his lips.

I give him a nod in response. “Ready to go,” I state as I walk over to where he stood.

“Great!” he exclaims.

The two of us are soon making our way down the stairs to the front door. As we walk over to the front door, I look over to see Mavis standing there. She had a smile on her face. What’s her deal and why is she so smiley for?

“Have fun, you two! Luke told me where he’s taking you, you’ll love it!” she exclaims.

“What? Where?!” I ask as I look between Mavis and Luke, a smirk on my lips.

“Not telling, love, it’s a secret,” Luke tells me with a smile and pokes my cheek lightly with his finger. I let out a slightly annoyed sigh as I look over at him. He puts his arm around my shoulder as we walk out the door.

“Have I told you how much I can’t stand secrets or surprises for that matter?” I mumble and playfully glare at him. He smiles and laughs a bit at what I said.

“No but thanks for letting me know,” he gives me a cheeky smile as he puts an arm around my shoulder as we walk down the driveway. His car sat in front of the house. After he helps me in like a gentleman, I thank him and buckle my safety belt across my body. Luke soon drives off and we are heading to wherever he was taking me.

He reaches forward and turns on the radio. A loud song is blaring through the speakers. I soon recognize it as a song by All Time Low, which was one of my favorite bands. Weightless was playing. It’s been ages since I last heard this song. I reach over and turn the volume up a bit more.

“Hope it’s not too loud! I love this song!” I exclaim a bit loudly as I look over at Luke.

“Not at all; I crank all of my music up, too! We all do! Cal is always telling Ash to turn his down because he listens to it way too loud! He may bust an ear drum one of these days if he keeps it up,” Luke retorts with a laugh.

The two of us sing along loudly with the songs that played as Luke drove us to wherever we were going. I had no clue where he was taking us. It wasn’t dark out quite yet but it was still light out, the sun not setting for a few more hours.

Luke and I chat as he continues to drive. I had no idea where he was taking me. Where was he taking me? I remember that Mavis mentioned that it was some place I liked. I had no idea where, though, because I liked going to a lot of different kind of places. Did she happen to tell him where to take me, by chance?

I pull out my phone to check and see if I had any messages. I had two new text messages; one was from Mavis, and one from Calum. I smile to myself and let out a slight laugh.

“What’s so funny, Kat?” Luke asks with a smile as he looks over at me. As I look over at him, I notice we were stopped at a red light.

“Nothing, just laughing at the fact that both Mavis and Calum texted me…did you by chance tell either of them where you were taking me?” I question him as I stare at him.

“I might have mentioned it to him,” he replies with a chuckle, taking his lip ring between his fingers, which is something I’ve noticed he does when he’s nervous. He is soon driving again, the light turning green.

“I mean, I just so happen to live with the guy and we’re in a band together, why wouldn’t I tell him?” he questions.

“Yeah, you’re right,” I smile and look back at my phone so I can reply back to his message. Since he’s my best friend, one of them, I knew I could probably get something out of him. We’ve known each other so long, I know how to get t to him and make him spill the beans.

The message read: Kat, hope you and Luke have fun tonight! You’ll love where he’s taking you – when you see where, you’ll recognise immediately! Catch up soon?:) Miss my best friend!

After his message, he even included a black heart emoji at the end. I smile to myself as I begin to text him back. In my reply back to him, I ask him if it’s the place I was thinking of, and tell him that I wouldn’t mind catching up soon. I send the text to Calum before I begin to read the message from Mavis. The message was pretty similar to Calum’s saying that she hopes that we have a fun time.

After I reply back to her message, I lock my iPhone and set it in my lap. I look over to see that Luke was turning into a vacant car lot. The car slows to a stop and he turns the engine off. As I glance out the window, I notice a pier overlooking the water. It was a place I always liked to go to, especially if I wanted to get away for a bit. It was really calming, with the beautiful view, plus it was a nice place to watch the sunset over the water.

“We’re here!” Luke exclaims a bit on the louder side and looks over at me.

“I know this place!” I reply with a smile as I stare back at him.

“Cal told you to bring me here, didn’t he?” I enquire, a laugh leaving my lips as I look at Luke. He doesn’t say anything in response. All I get from him is a smile in return.

“He did!” he laughs and mentions something about how beautiful he heard it gets out here, especially during sunsets. It was a great spot to watch the sun set and look at the stars. Plus it was quiet, a good place to clear your head.

Luke pulls the keys from the ignition and shuts the vehicle off before he opens the door to get out and come over to my side to open my door. I sit there and wait for him to come over and open my door for me. I can’t help but let out a laugh as I watch him run around to my side and trip on his feet. I would trip too, if I had long legs like his.

“Have a bit of trouble over there? Saw you trip, I would too if I had legs like yours,” I laugh at my lame attempt at a joke as he opens the door and reaches for my hand.

“Shut up,” he pouts as I grab a hold of his hand and step out of the car. “Everyone always makes fun of my legs,” he says looking at me.

“Bet you have nice legs though,” I joke as I hold onto his hand to steady myself as I step down onto the pavement.

“Bet you do,” he replies with a smirk.

“Come on,” he pulls on my hand, his other slamming the door shut behind me. “Have something else to show you,” he says as he leads me to the back of the car. He releases his hold on my hand for a few seconds so he can open the boot of the car. He pulls out a picnic basket and holds it in his one hand, reaching for mine with the other.

“This is so sweet, I wasn’t expecting this,” I tell him with a smile as he shuts the boot of the car and leads me over to some picnic tables.

“No problem,” he smiles as we step up to a picnic table and he sets the container on the surface.

The two of us take a seat beside each other and begin to eat whatever was in there for us. It ends up being some sandwiches and a six-pack case of Heineken beers. We take a seat and begin to eat the food from the basket. Turns out, it was really good.

“I’m surprised you didn’t take me to a concert or something, but I like this, it’s nice,” I tell him with a smile.

“I’m saving that for the next date, I hope there will be a next one, because I really enjoy spending time with you, Kat,” he tells me with a smile as he grabs his sandwich and takes a bite.

I grab the neck of the beer bottle and bring it up to my lips. As we continue to eat our food, we chat about random things that come to mind. It was nice, actually.

“Who’s idea was it for a picnic, anyway?” I ask and take a small bite of my sandwich.

“Ashton’s actually. Calum thought of the place, and Mikey thought of the beers,” he replies with a smile and takes a sip of his beer.

After we finish eating, the two of us clean up our surroundings and make our way over to the pier so we could look out at the water. I rest my arms against the railing of the pier as I stare out at the water. The sun was slowly starting to set. It looked so beautiful. I look over to see that he was beside me, staring out at the setting sun, arm practically touching my own.

“It’s so beautiful,” I say as I stare out at the soon-to-be setting sun on the clear blue water.

Luke mutters something to himself that I couldn’t quite understand. As I stare out at the sunset, I begin to think to myself… If I tell him that I like him, will he push me away? For the next few minutes, I begin to think how I should tell him. I turn so I could look at Luke.

“Luke, can I tell you something?” I mumble as I look at him. He nods his head and gives me a smile.

“Yeah, anything,” he gives me a smile as he stares back at me.

“I uh…you know when you told me a few weeks ago that you liked me…” I look at him, feeling my nerves set in. What if he doesn’t feel the same anymore? He gives me a small smile and nod for me to continue on.

“Well, I wanted you to know that…” I trail off, shifting my eyes away from his, to the ground. I have no idea why I was so nervous. I’m never nervous over anything, I think the fact I’m nervous is that he may or may not feel the same way about me.

“Let me know what, Kat? Don’t be nervous, babe,” he says softly and I feel him put his arms on my shoulders. He moves one of his hands underneath my chin, his finger slowly pushing my head up to meet his eyes.

“I really like you, too,” I tell him as I look up at him to see him staring back at me with his blue eyes. He smiles and leans in. I soon feel his lips on my own, the coolness of his lip ring against my lips as he kisses me. I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms around his torso as he kisses me again. He moves his arms to my waist and pulls me into him.

He pulls away for a brief second and stares at me, a smile on his lips as he rests his forehead against my own. “Be mine, Kat?” he asks, his breath hitting my skin, smelling lightly of the beer. “What do ya say, be my girlfriend?” he smiles and presses a kiss to my forehead before pulling away.

I nod and smile as I stare up at him. “I’d be honoured to be your girlfriend, Luke,” I smile at him and grab his hand and lace our fingers together.

He smiles and pulls me closer to him, arm around my waist. I can’t help but smile as I look at him. We end the night by watching the stars on the hood of the car. It was a perfect end to a really great day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter!! I know it's been SO long since I last updated this! I've been having trouble writing the last few months and now I'm just getting back into it!

Hope everyone likes it!! It would mean a lot to me and my co-writer, Ashley -- let us know what you think! She's up next with her chapter! :)

Comment & subscribe if you want more! We'd love to know what y'all think! :D