Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Kat

A smile comes across my face as I notice where Mavis and I were. We just pulled up to Calum’s house for the party. It has been quite a while since I’ve last been here, a few years, I think. I cease the engine and pull the keys from the engine before Mavis and I climb out of the car so we can head up. There was already quite a few people here, cars parked everywhere along either sides of the road in front of Cal’s house.

“C’mon Mavis! Time for you to meet Cal!” I beam with a smile as I look over at my best friend, Mavis. As I look over at her, I can’t help but notice a look of nervousness that was fully visible on her face and in her eyes. I see her let out a sigh from her lips as she slowly lifts her head up to look at me. “Okay,” she mutters as I grab her by the arm and drag her toward the door.

I let out a sigh as I bring my hand up to knock on the door. After I knock, I take a small step backwards while we wait. a few moments later, the door swings open and I am met by a guy with bright red hair that had a bit of a messy look to it. He wore a band shirt, some jeans and sneakers on his feet. He looks at me for a few minutes before turning to yell something, “Calum! Mate, I think your special guests are here!” I smile a bit and crease my eyebrows together at his words.

“I’m Michael but everyone calls me Mikey. You’re Kat, I take it?” he questions me with a smile.

“Sure am,” I tell him. “The one and only,” I reply with a slight laugh.

“This is Mavis,” I introduce the shy girl beside me. She lifts her head and gives him a slow nod of her head along with a small smile. “She’s kinda shy with new people,” I mutter as I look over at her and give her a smile.

“Shut up,” she mumbles as I am soon pulled into a hug by someone I knew quite well, Calum. A smile overtakes my face as I hug him back. “Cal! How’re you?” I ask as we part from the hug. As I look at him, I can’t help the smile on my face. He still looked the same as I remember yet just a different hairstyle; there was a small blonde streak in his dark hair.

“Great, love. Been great. How ‘bout you?” he asks with a smile.

“Good! Really good! Oh, and this is Mavis!” I say and motion to the quiet girl beside me and place my hand on her shoulder. She lifts her head up and looks over at me, a look of nervousness and a small smile that she was using to hide it with.

“Hey! Nice to meet you, love. I’m Calum,” he smiles at Mavis and pulls her into a hug. I laugh at the fact of how he hugs everyone he meets. He’s always been like that, ever since we were younger, if I recall correctly.

“Nice to meet you too,” she mumbles with a small smile and shifts her eyes away from his.

“Come in you two! I see you’ve already met Mikey! I’ll introduce you to the other lads! Bet they’re ‘round here somewhere,” he replies with a laugh. I nod my head and look over at Mavis who slowly nods her head before we follow Calum inside after he shuts the door behind us.

Mavis and I follow behind Cal toward the living room. It looked the same as I remember, only this time there was a crap ton of people here and numerous red cups everywhere. Loud music was playing through a stereo system. He leads us through the living room to the kitchen where I saw people standing around and having a good time.

“Get some drinks, make yourselves at home! They don’t call it a party for no reason,” Calum jokes and points over to the counter where there were metal beer cans and even a keg. I nod and begin to make my way over to the counter so I could make myself a drink. It takes me a few minutes but I make myself something and take a sip when I was done, yum, piña colada. I tighten my grip on my drink as I walk over to where Mavis and Calum stood.

“Ash! Luke! Can you come here for a minute? Some people I want ya to meet!” he calls to a group of boys who were standing ‘round joking and laughing about random nonsense.

“Want a drink?” Calum asks Mavis. She shakes her head telling him she wasn’t interested. She’s never been into the whole drinking scene. I have a drink every now and then, like tonight, for example. I give her a small smile and the three of us talk about some random stuff before I look up to see two guys standing there. They were both tall; both clad in a t-shirt and jeans and sneakers on their feet. My eyes are on the cute blonde on in front of me, with blue eyes and a lip ring, his hair spiked up a bit. I notice him smile a bit as he looks at me.

“Mates, this is Kat, my best friend I told ya ‘bout, and this is her mate, Mavis,” he introduces Mavis and I to these two who stood in front of us. I smile a bit and take a small sip of my drink.

“So, you’re the infamous Katherine, I’m Ashton,” the dirty blonde haired boy speaks up first and hugs me.

I laugh at his comment and hug him back, “It’s just Kat,” I tell him simply as we pull away from the hug.

“I’m Luke, nice t’ meet ya both,” the blonde boy speaks up and smiles at us before shifting his eyes to mine, the smile still evident on his face. He was cute, I have to admit. I turn slightly to find Mavis in a conversation with Ashton about god knows what, the two of them laughing at something he must have said. I smile at the fact that she seems like she’s having a good time.

“You too,” I smile as I look back at him.

“So, Cal has told us a lot about you over the years,” Luke begins and grabs a drink from the counter, a water bottle.

“Really? Like what?” I ask with curiosity in my voice.

“Just some stuff you did growing up,” he smiles.

“Oh god, what did he tell you?” I ask and laugh a bit.

“A lot, mentioned that time you two went swimming that one summer and you got attacked by all those seagulls at the beach,” he finishes with a smile and laugh.

“Oh my god,” I laugh and hide my face in embarrassment. “That’s not funny at all, it was terrifying as hell,” I mumble and roll my eyes at the thought.

“It’s still quite funny though,” he replies with a smile. I just shake my head and roll my eyes at him.

For the next few hours or so, I find myself talking with him the whole rest of the night and getting to know him. He seemed like a really nice guy, sweet and he was hot. I also learned that he was the same age as me, eighteen. It was a nice night and I can’t wait to do this again, and spend some more time with him. A definite success.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter!! :) Sorry it took so long for me to update!

I really hope everyone's enjoying this so far - drop a comment and let us know what you think! (: it would mean a lot! Also, thanks to LaurenHoran for commenting last chapter! :D

Comment, rec, subscribe <3 thanks for reading! Ashley's up next with her chapter!

- light me up. (teddi) (: